**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How are XP boost still a thing?

I guess the title says it all. XP boost have been useless for so long I don't know why they haven't been replaced when someone hits a given milestone. I find myself just using them for item use days. Today I used 20 and I used them all up last item use day. I get that they're still useful for new players, but you hit level 60 after just a few months of playing (at least from what I remember)

Maybe when you're uncollected, pull out the xp boost. Maybe change the crystal and you could remove the 2*/3* awakening gems at that point too. I'm selling those off daily.

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    I keep thinking that they'll increase the level cap and give something per level and I'll be glad I didn't waste those boosts. Probably not a mastery point or something, but some revives or some shards would be nice.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    I don't understand why they don't just let us Reset/Prestige our XP level, letting us progress through the levels again, and unlocking the rewards and masteries again. Design it that things unlocked don't have to be paid for again, they just have to be earned again. It would make the game more challenging if you had to progress to unlock Parry or Dexterity again, or specific masteries for Arena Points or character benefits. This would be up to the player, so those that don't want to do this don't have to.

But they could also give unique Titles and Profile Pics this way, so that people could showcase the number of times they restarted. Titles like Rebirth, Regenerated, Retconned, Born Again, From The Ashes, Metamorphosis, Terrigenesis, etc could be earned. The amount of times to reset could be endless, and would be an easy feature to give those at the end of progression another goal.

This gives a great option to excess XP Boosts, and a value to needless XP gained from content. Some games have it set that for each reset a player does, the XP gain is increased slightly everytime, making progression faster with every reset. Something similar could be done like this to give value to further resets.

The only problems I can see with this is the time needed to unlock certain masteries (and how this could be a massive issue for Alliance Quest and Alliance War Attack and Defense), and the issue of how more storage unlocks for items as you progress. But maybe Kabam could figure out how to work with or against that challenge.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Ebbtide said:

I don't understand why they don't just let us Reset/Prestige our XP level, letting us progress through the levels again, and unlocking the rewards and masteries again. Design it that things unlocked don't have to be paid for again, they just have to be earned again. It would make the game more challenging if you had to progress to unlock Parry or Dexterity again, or specific masteries for Arena Points or character benefits. This would be up to the player, so those that don't want to do this don't have to.

But they could also give unique Titles and Profile Pics this way, so that people could showcase the number of times they restarted. Titles like Rebirth, Regenerated, Retconned, Born Again, From The Ashes, Metamorphosis, Terrigenesis, etc could be earned. The amount of times to reset could be endless, and would be an easy feature to give those at the end of progression another goal.

This gives a great option to excess XP Boosts, and a value to needless XP gained from content. Some games have it set that for each reset a player does, the XP gain is increased slightly everytime, making progression faster with every reset. Something similar could be done like this to give value to further resets.

The only problems I can see with this is the time needed to unlock certain masteries (and how this could be a massive issue for Alliance Quest and Alliance War Attack and Defense), and the issue of how more storage unlocks for items as you progress. But maybe Kabam could figure out how to work with or against that challenge.

Or... They could continue to do nothing and let the boosts be worthless to most and keep levels/XP a vestigial facet of the game for a large portion of the customer base. I know which one I'd put my money on them doing.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    they could add uncollected lesser and greater crystals that don't contain the XP boosts that contain better rewards but cost more to "purchase". this way someone could still pick between them and the regular ones just like we get the choice with the arena crystals
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    edited June 2019
    Should be 40-50% gold for those that are over level 60. That’s been a complaint for awhile now.
  • KimilKimil Posts: 84
    I came on the forum to post this thread and saw I'd been beaten to the punch on multiple occasions and couldn't agree more with the principle.

As far as I'm aware, other than someone who has every champion at max sig, XP boosts are the only items that have zero use as per their intended after you reach level 60. I believe that similar to max sig crystals for maxed out champions, it would be worth a thought to add a 'max XP' variant to this for maxed out summoners.

The conversion could add a nominal amount of post-level 60 xp to a separate 'Summoners Journey' style objective where you can earn further prizes that increase in rarity.

Not forgetting that to receive an XP boost, you have to earn them from the solo crystals by completing content and reach objectives, so the concept is going to encourage more milestone pushing and increase in-game play time.

These items evidently require some kind of adjustment for level 60 players and this is perhaps a good way of rewarding the loyalty and high in-game time of the high-level player just a little.
  • TheMethodTheMethod Posts: 189
    I have like 40 of these at the moment, and regularly just "waste" them on item use events. They really aren't even that helpful in them. It's a joke IMO. Essentially useless to L60 players.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    They can be sold. For 1000-1500 a piece. Not bad for free boosts.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    I'd suggest adding increase of gold along with xp for those boosts
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Let us trade or transmute them for usable items e.g attack/health boosts, sig stones.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Summoner Level Upgrades!!

If or when you reached/reach lvl 60, you can choose your lvl 61 rewards and then earn them using boosts, can also be a solo objective rewarding you with a T4cc Crystal on e reach.

Lvl 62 onwards rinse and repeat
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    It’s for the newbie to help them to boost to higher level. We used to be newbie and the boost EXP was very helpful then and still are to the new comer
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    We've all asked for a while now that once you hit Level 60, all XP Boosts you have and later gain are automatically swapped out for some other type of Boost. Gold Boost is usually the most brought up but I've also seen people ask for Battle Chip Boosts, Iso Boosts, even an Energy Reduction Boost... But still nothing has been done about it or even mentioned by Kabam, just add it to the list of Super Outdated Things in this game that we keep begging them to Update...
  • 18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    roberto94 said:

It’s for the newbie to help them to boost to higher level. We used to be newbie and the boost EXP was very helpful then and still are to the new comer

yep, that's what I said in the original post, but you get to level 60 so fast that's it's really pointless. A new account can get to Lvl60 in just a few months....most of us have been playing for years.