**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Any update on the AQ screwup?

I know the 'rewards' have been given out to alliances, but is there any response from Kabam regarding the alliances who lost out on rewards/crystals/glory because the alliances couldn't start an alliance quest for whatever reason?

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    No one could start an AQ.
    The problem occurred at the very end of day 5.
    Everyone got what they're entitled to
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    You're sure it was every alliance?
    If it was then fair enough, but similar to the wars, whilst the majority of alliances were unable to join a war that vanished, there were some who could join the war when it started. I personally haven't seen Kabam say this bug affected every alliance, only that they were looking into it.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but lately with Kabam's track record, wouldn't be surprised if some alliances didn't have problems on Day 5
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    The_One said:

No it wasn’t everyone we culd star AQ just find
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

The_One said:

So does AQ start at different days for different alliances?
    The problems came about when we had around 1 hour left of day 5 and we'd already 100% all 3 groups.
    I did have some champions locked in for a while because I didn't reach the boss but no real issues
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    The_One said:

Gamer said:

The_One said:

The problems came about when we had around 1 hour left of day 5 and we'd already 100% all 3 groups.
    I did have some champions locked in for a while because I didn't reach the boss but no real issues
    The problem here is That somone culd not star AQ one day4.
    edited June 2019
    The_One said:

Gamer said:

The_One said:

AQ can start at anytime when they go live, if they go live at 18:00 UTC, majority of alliance in other countries sleeping/working, they start their AQ at 01:00 UTC, it just means that they have less time on the final day, but theres no automatic start/required start time when AQ, it's basically whenever the officers decide to start them.

This is whats caused so many issues, we had 20 hours on the last day to complete an AQ, but were unable to start one, 20 hours is more than enough to complete maps 4 and 5, which is around 15m in points.

Being unable to do so, cost our alliance the points, which means lower peak and ranked rewards, as well as map completion rewards.

As stated by other people, some alliances did not have these issues, which means not all were affected and were able to get more points, increased rank rewards as many couldn't start quest on day 5. Yet Kabam seem to refuse to accept this was an issue, they only responded when Wars screwed up.

So given all the above, this has cost some alliances, Map crystals, Glory, Gold, Battlechips, Peak rewards, Milestone rewards.

Wheres the response from Kabam?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

The_One said:

Gamer said:

The_One said:

AQ can start at anytime when they go live, if they go live at 18:00 UTC, majority of alliance in other countries sleeping/working, they start their AQ at 01:00 UTC, it just means that they have less time on the final day, but theres no automatic start/required start time when AQ, it's basically whenever the officers decide to start them.

This is whats caused so many issues, we had 20 hours on the last day to complete an AQ, but were unable to start one, 20 hours is more than enough to complete maps 4 and 5, which is around 15m in points.

Being unable to do so, cost our alliance the points, which means lower peak and ranked rewards, as well as map completion rewards.

As stated by other people, some alliances did not have these issues, which means not all were affected and were able to get more points, increased rank rewards as many couldn't start quest on day 5. Yet Kabam seem to refuse to accept this was an issue, they only responded when Wars screwed up.

So given all the above, this has cost some alliances, Map crystals, Glory, Gold, Battlechips, Peak rewards, Milestone rewards.

I wouldn’t expect anything on a weekend. It’s like they are on island time.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

The_One said:

Gamer said:

The_One said:

I wouldn’t expect anything on a weekend. It’s like they are on island time.

Dr. Zola
    I don't expect anything on the weekend, but I'll keep bumping this up, until we hopefully get a response rather than it being ignored and forgotten
    Lets give this a nudge so it's not forgotten/
  • There was a problem on Day 4? Didn't notice anything in Day 4. At the end of Day 5 it didn't register that AQ had ended for awhile. Which lead to various players not being able to utilize their champs if they hadn't freed them before the timer ran out.

The major hiccup I saw was with AW. Many couldn't start attack phase for whatever reason and time was lost as a result. Which was irritating for many. We got lucky and attack phase started without issue. Although a few had to wait for the champs to be freed from the AQ debacle before joining. Is there a post regarding Day 4 somewhere? I must've missed it if so.
    Whilst I don't know how many had the issue, mine was one,

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/146257/aq-not-restarting-and-delayed-rewards-merged-threads-title-edited-for-clarity/p1

Theres a topic where people had been complaining about it since the start of day 5, but only got a response from Kabam when the wars screwed up and failed to start, where Kabams idea of resolved was that the wars were back up.

Hardly helps any alliance who couldn't start a quest on day 5
  • Hey guys, there's already a thread HERE about this topic. If you would like to discuss it further, please do so in that discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.