**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The game is currently stale and would be better if...

Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Doing this because I'm curious as to how the community feels about the game at the moment. Please explain why you chose your option if you don't mind, thank you.

Just the thought of some of these suggestions makes me feel better about the game. Only playing cause of the people from my alliance are cool.

The game is currently stale and would be better if... 36 votes

A. the game is not stale, there is plenty to do and plenty of resources to do it with.
5%
Draco2199Spicyslicer 2 votes
B. they implement options C-I, now or sooner rather than later.
8%
GarbagePandaSlyCat42Jon8299 3 votes
C. I could do Story Mode and Event Quests at the same time, with different teams and the same energy pool.
2%
DBOSSMAN 1 vote
D. they release Bases now.
22%
Noob_2yrsMillybearCaptain_MaimMaloo7aHoidCosmereR4GESummonerB2zero7 8 votes
E. they changed the AW maps/give us different maps as options when activating Matchmaking.
0%
F. they buffed older champs to have unique moves, attacks and abilities.
22%
DARKLOKISnizzbarxtremegamerDeadbyrd9AythemTeddersnebBM670 8 votes
G. they release new Masteries now.
0%
H. they increase the Cap on Summoner levels, awarding cool stuff past Level 60.
2%
AxeCopFire 1 vote
I. they gave out more mastery points.
0%
J.implement any combination of the above from C-I/Other
36%
Sugardaddy1129ShrimkinsKronos987654321GbSarkarEb0ny-O-M4wSkyRattlersTillerTheKillerJohnnyViperNDK13LosspikStryke71121MilkthewhalesAnonymous346 13 votes

Comments

• J.implement any combination of the above from C-I/Other
    C&H
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    D, E, F

AW was so fun when it first came out. Bases could be as cool
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    AW was fun in beta, it was only annoying that all the planning for your defense would be for nothing when the other team just sent 3 people up the same side up the middle to take out your boss.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    CGH for me. I gave up on bases a long time ago. C is pretty minor for me tho
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    K) None of the above. My suggestion would be more rank down tickets and more clarity on when future elite content is to be released.
    I could only give 10 options, thought I had all the bases covered.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The game is not stale regarding general quests and champions but above all else what really makes the game seem stale is arena. At least AQ and AW while repetitive are still challenging. Arena on the other hand is even more repetitive, no challenge and is required to grind if you want to progress in the game quickly enough so it doesn't seem stale without spending an outlandish amount of money. Getting the resources you need to rank up champions ( gold and ISO), new champions to not make your roster stale, units for LOL runs, act 5 and event quests are 90%+ dependent on arena. The game would not be stale if arena was revamped or a new arena was added with equal or greater rewards where the difficulty of champions you fight increased per round and the higher you went champions gained specials nodes to make arena grinding provide both challenge and diverse fighting content.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Just fix the bugs!

(And Carnage)
    I think revamping the arena would be a great start, however as long as the cutoffs are in the 10s of millions then I won't ever bother grinding for featured champs. I would love to see 5v5 alliance arena back. Maybe revamping the single day and 3-day events would be another option to improve the game.
    I think buffing champs and releasing Bases will be the answer that covers the widest range of players.

Now you'll have another use for those champs who are considered "arena fodder". A new game mode with improved champs to test it out with will be what this game needs to be interesting and exciting.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I think revamping the arena would be a great start, however as long as the cutoffs are in the 10s of millions then I won't ever bother grinding for featured champs. I would love to see 5v5 alliance arena back. Maybe revamping the single day and 3-day events would be another option to improve the game.

Arena has recently been revamped and is now much better
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »
    K) None of the above. My suggestion would be more rank down tickets and more clarity on when future elite content is to be released.

So only rank down tickets would make the game stop being stale lol?

Dude you need to get over it, not happening, and such a bad answer.

Instead of adding new and fresh modes/content to stop it being stale, just give players a few rank down tickets? That solves nothing except personal gain
    @DarkestDestroyer too true this game needs to build up not rank down., this game was stale and irritating at times (for some at least) when it was just Act 4 and AQ (if I remember correctly). Than AW came out and the game was exciting again. Now it's boring even with all 3 of them.

Revamping the 1-day and 3-day events will freshen up the place cause it might cause people to do more questing and more arena, the 2 that need a big change is "Duel Skirmish" and "Perfect Series". Who gets top prize for those events? Is it worth it or is Duel Skirmish just so tedious and boring that no one cares to get top prize? Is PS way to demanding to even bother reaching rank rewards? For entire alliances that grind the arena it may not be difficult, but how many of those alliances exist?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I don't find the game to be stale. Always something to work on.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    K. Just fix the bugs!
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    10 options but not one specifically mentioned arena.

Anyway, none of those options addresses "staleness". It would just continue the endless cycle of (a) add more (b) become bored (c) add more again (d) become bored again (e) keep adding more ....

@VandalSavage I figured that changing just the arena wouldn't change much to improve the game. It would probably be a grind still and if people mostly focused on the arena it would be because of the bigger issues in the game.

The bigger issues being most champs being useless in quests, AQ and AW. This due to too many champs not having unique abilities. Rhino should cause bleed and armor break with his unstoppable charge, for example. Another issue is the lack of variety in the AW. Seeing the same map for over a year (or however long it's been this way) is brutal. How can you strategize when you know each node could have just a few options and not a wide variety of possiblities.

To me I could do the arena all day if old champs were buffed and given unique abilities. In fact the champs are the biggest problem. The must have champs for Quests, AQ, AW, RTTL, LOL is quite small, why? The list is small because a lot of the champs in the game are weak and have underwhelming abilities. If you need a strong Poison Immune Science champ for the AQ, who other than Hulk could you use?
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Let us rank up more 5*s and rank them up to r5.
  • MacTeNakAMacTeNakA Posts: 14
    K. Roll back to v11.X
    Testing
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    D. they release Bases now.
    I don't find the game to be stale. Always something to work on.

Always something to work on, but always the same as the last thing I completed. Getting very stale