**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Loading Time shouldn't be added towards Legend Run's time

Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
edited May 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
It's common knowledge the game performs better on Ios than Android. Which isn't a problem since most of the content is not a timerun. The only exception is Legend runs, where Android users have a serious handicap since each loading time is more than doubled.

It's not about a specific device, newest Android phones run the game worse than 4-5 years old iphones, and that's unfair towards Android players trying to snatch a Legend title.

Since it's too hard trying to make the game performs the same on such different platforms, I suggest kabam should not take into account the Loading time on the Legend run Timer.

[Many proofs over the internet shows you how different the time is between android and Ios, here's one but there are dozens of these on different devices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alAIrJfqssY ]

Comments

• KriegThePsychoKriegThePsycho Posts: 9
    I don't think they can calculate times without loading times, it's just when you start the first fight and when you finish the last one instead, they should make an android pool and an IOS pool to make it fair.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    I don't think they can calculate times without loading times, it's just when you start the first fight and when you finish the last one instead, they should make an android pool and an IOS pool to make it fair.

Well, they have to do something anyway. It's a big unfair disadvantage when Android players has to play 30 mins faster over all the fights just to get the same time Ios players do. It was mentioned on the old forum but since it got bucketed, I felt I had to open a thread about it here
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    This is a great idea.

From a programming perspective, it would be trivially easy to do. At the beginning of loading, log the time. At the end of loading, log the time. Subtract the difference from the final total. There would have to be a few extra checks to make sure people were resetting their clocks during loading, but that shouldn't be hard.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    I always wondered if the Loading Times contributed to your overall Run time. It would be easy to program a timer so that only your actual playing time got recorded and was used to determine your total run time.
  • AngelbaneAngelbane Posts: 23
    I would prefer that they work on optimizing loads on android ... to me the bigger problem is on the Arenas.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    420down wrote: »
    This was my "great idea".

People suggested this on the old forum over 6 months ago. I just revived it since it's a thing they should implement. It's pointless to fight the "i did this" baby game, don't you think? Because this is neither of us' idea