**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting the RNG wall

(free to play users will have a different in game experience than those who buy, yea I got)
So I’m uncollected and free to play, been playing since a month or two after release about four years ago and my goal always being to have fun while building my roster to get through tougher content while using less revives and potions to gain access to better rewards soooo I can use less revives and potions.

I’ve hit the wall:
I have a decent roster but I basically login to fight in AQ/AW and that’s it. It’s like another job to play the game now and too much of a chore, no longer fun at all. I love the game, hate that so much is depending on grinding, Random Number Generation factors and I have cool stuff that could make the game more fun that I can’t use.
My roster isn’t progressing, content is still out of reach and awakening gems, sig stones and other great rank up/progression resources that I’ve earned just collect dust until they are about to expire in my stash and I MUST use them on champs that are no use to my mentioned goal.

All other content is too costly with my 11 best champs locked in AQ/AW 6 days a week. In AQ I have my best 3 attackers, in AW another 3 and another 5 champs locked in basically all the time give or take a day. Completion and exploration of the remainder of Act 5 or even monthly quests with the champs I have left over that aren’t constantly locked in takes a ton of revives and potions.
I’ve moved to alliances that only do AQ but then I have less shards for 4*/5* champs.
I’ve run more arena for units, battlechips and gold but get so burnt out my eyes are crossed from looking at the screen.

I’m about halfway to a 6* crystal and halfway to a t5b, so I can only upgrade 5*/4*
I have 41 5*( 11 awakened: Rhino, IronPat, OGIronMan, SupIM, Loki, Mag, CycX, Hawkeye, OGPanther but also SL and Dorm) and four of those at r4, my inventory is maxed with t4cc and I with 10 t2alphas I could r4 two more 5*.

I’ll enter content and play until I have to use potions/revives then have to decide whether the amount of those I’m needing to use makes sense:
Do I have the pots/revives already, units to buy from in game store right now and the amount of time it would take to get the needed units for stuff I don’t already have but will need to complete the content.

I login to run some arena for units in milestones (on occasion), fight in AQ/AW and when I have enough pots/revives I’ll give story/event quests a go. I’ve done dungeons, love the 5* crystals but it’s too time consuming and would take months for a single 5* dungeons crystal and I’d still have 9/10 opportunity to get a champ that won’t further my mentioned goal.

I accept that RNG is HUGE part of the game and if I open up my wallet I’d get better stuff and game-life would be better.

That said, it would be really useful and go along way if we summoners had more consistent opportunities to narrow done the RNG field, just a bit, and have obtainable rewards that didn’t require copious amounts of time(less grinding) and real world currency to progress.

Example:
Class specific 4*/5* crystal arena- still rng but at least I can aim for a Skill/Mystic champ for my Skill/Mystic AG. Class specific crystals are currently available for daily purchase with real world currency already, just get rid of 2*/3* and have another arena. This will also reduce all other arenas scores which makes those respective rewards more attainable.

4*/5* crystal arena- still rng but at least I know I’m definitely getting 4*/5* champ. These crystals already exist. This will also reduce all other arenas scores which makes those respective rewards more attainable.

Monthly/Daily class specific rank up resources quests-just use the current format for daily quests and increase PI or health pools to monthly master/epic level, throw in some fancy nodes for increased difficulty but with sig stones and awakening gems. It’s still rng and not guaranteed, like current dailies. These quests format and resources already exist, increase health and add rewards.

Thanks for reading my constructive feedback, may the odds be in your favor.

Comments

• digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★

Hulk doesn't like long story !!! Arghhh

LoL yea reading is tough!
    Here:
    I accept that RNG is HUGE part of the game and if I open up my wallet I’d get better stuff and game-life would be better.

That said, it would be really useful and go along way if we summoners had more consistent opportunities to narrow done the RNG field, just a bit, and have obtainable rewards that didn’t require copious amounts of time(less grinding) and real world currency to progress.

Example:
    Class specific 4*/5* crystal arena- still rng but at least I can aim for a Skill/Mystic champ for my Skill/Mystic AG. Class specific crystals are currently available for daily purchase with real world currency already, just get rid of 2*/3* and have another arena. This will also reduce all other arenas scores which makes those respective rewards more attainable.

4*/5* crystal arena- still rng but at least I know I’m definitely getting 4*/5* champ. These crystals already exist. This will also reduce all other arenas scores which makes those respective rewards more attainable.

Monthly/Daily class specific rank up resources quests-just use the current format for daily quests and increase PI or health pools to monthly master/epic level, throw in some fancy nodes for increased difficulty but with sig stones and awakening gems. It’s still rng and not guaranteed, like current dailies. These quests format and resources already exist, increase health and add rewards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Hulk doesn't like long story !!! Arghhh

LoL yea reading is tough!
    Here:

Example:

Spending doesn't equal better pulls just so you understand. It means you can have more chances to open crystals leading to the possibility of a pull you want. Still won't guarantee you'll get it. I spend a ton, I'd like to have Ghost as a 5*, well I can't seem to pull her ever. I'd also like Havok, well my spending hasnt been able to get either.

You cant progress at the same rate as anyone willing to pay their way through the game. You've made 2 other posts like this if I remember correctly as well. Both were taken down.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Allow me to be your editor:

The game is too dependent on “randomness” (whatever that is).

Allowing more player control over outcomes would increase player satisfaction.

Spending copious amounts of time for redundant and/or undesirable outcomes leads to frustration and burnout.

Sorry if I missed anything.

Dr. Zola

Spending doesn't equal better pulls just so you understand. It means you can have more chances to open crystals leading to the possibility of a pull you want. Still won't guarantee you'll get it. I spend a ton, I'd like to have Ghost as a 5*, well I can't seem to pull her ever. I'd also like Havok, well my spending hasnt been able to get either.

You cant progress at the same rate as anyone willing to pay their way through the game. You've made 2 other posts like this if I remember correctly as well. Both were taken down.
    Spending doesn’t equal better pulls from crystals, of course.
    Reach uncollected, offer. Reach cavalier, offer.
    Spending on units with guaranteed items from special offers does. Again, not the discussion and not debatable.

Yes I’ve posted discussions that have been taken down. They were taken down because I pointed out people have already abused refunds and kept content, deemed “not constructive” via DM.

This post is about the rng wall and making opportunities to narrow down the rng. I’ve stated an issue, given a baseline of my account for context and provided examples of solutions. I’m not sure how much more constructive I could be.

It would be great to see comments on the topic.
    More examples of solutions to problems.

Just thought of another: 15000 5* shards for a class specific champion in addition to the featured 5* crystals in the crystals menu.
    DrZola said:

Allow me to be your editor:

The game is too dependent on “randomness” (whatever that is).

Allowing more player control over outcomes would increase player satisfaction.

Spending copious amounts of time for redundant and/or undesirable outcomes leads to frustration and burnout.

Sorry if I missed anything.

Dr. Zola

Great.
    Thanks and always a pleasure to see your comments.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I suggest moving to another alliance. My alluance stopped doing war and made it voluntary. We only run 1 bg now. AQ is maps 4 &5. Without having 8 champs in war all the time it has brought more fun back to the game. We still earn some rewards through AQ to progress with and the loss of war basically balances out unless u are in a top alliance. The resources spent throughout the season are saved which adds up to alot more flexibility in your glory store purchases. Just something u might think about.
    Neotwism said:

I suggest moving to another alliance. My alluance stopped doing war and made it voluntary. We only run 1 bg now. AQ is maps 4 &5. Without having 8 champs in war all the time it has brought more fun back to the game. We still earn some rewards through AQ to progress with and the loss of war basically balances out unless u are in a top alliance. The resources spent throughout the season are saved which adds up to alot more flexibility in your glory store purchases. Just something u might think about.

Yeah, I’ve done that, in an alliance that does little to no AW. I have a bunch of unopened crystals for whole and shard class-catalysts since my inventory is full already.
    I use glory towards t5b, t2a since I cant get them elsewhere, a trickle is better than none I suppose. I still end up using glory for lesser rank up resources because of t4cc about to expire in my stash.
    Again, if I could narrow down the rng towards something I could use for my roster I would be able to clear inventory. The only rank ups I’ve been doing are because of the overflow in my stash and them about to expire.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Never really understood why Kabam doesn’t think they can add value by allowing players to get the characters they want, as long as it’s within a reasonable time period. More satisfaction, more sales
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    iv hit 6* wall, 25+ 6* none id r2

as you continue to play the game u will evnetually get more R5 5*,

i remember when everyone started getting 2nd R5 in AW Season 2, i finished in Platinum 2.

So everyone who finished plat1 and masters already had 2nd R5 5*, 1 for offense the other for defense.

i did feel that we was at a disadvantage, but as u continue tom play the game, it was basically a "pretige" race to your first 5 R5 5* for competing in Top aq, As having 5 r5 5* at 200 sig would benefit you the highest prestige and to get in a high AQ alliance,.

Again take it BACK years ago,

When R5 4* was a big deal...having 5x r5 4*at 99 sig was the top of prestige, people was trying to get to 5 R5 4* .

its all circle of life for this game.

imagine when we are able to R3,R4 and eventually R5... a 6*, they will have SO much higher prestige, and content will also be harder and more demanding.

it will be race to 5x R3 6* if prestige for those champs will be higher than r5 5*.
    imagine the T6B race.. just like T5B race when it first began.

but ofcourse a R3,4,5 6* will take out content like Varient 1,2 and make LOL super easy, imagine people doing LOL with 4*'s?

at the end of the day, the game was a Chore back then and it will be a chore now

take alook at some of struggles in 2016, below.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/119464/lol-back-in-time-2016#latest

Spending doesn’t equal better pulls from crystals, of course.
    Reach uncollected, offer. Reach cavalier, offer.
    Spending on units with guaranteed items from special offers does. Again, not the discussion and not debatable.

Yes I’ve posted discussions that have been taken down. They were taken down because I pointed out people have already abused refunds and kept content, deemed “not constructive” via DM.

This post is about the rng wall and making opportunities to narrow down the rng. I’ve stated an issue, given a baseline of my account for context and provided examples of solutions. I’m not sure how much more constructive I could be.

It would be great to see comments on the topic.
    More examples of solutions to problems.

Just thought of another: 15000 5* shards for a class specific champion in addition to the featured 5* crystals in the crystals menu.
    i have 5 accounts, of them 2 uncollected, 1 level 37, and 2 "tester" accounts to track rewards offers dependent on length of time away from the game. I've found that the biggest difference between spending and not spending has nothing to do with rng initially, however specific spending does yield results (gen AGs connected to unit packages, 5 star Vision offer, class specific sig stone cards, etc) that allow you more opportunities for useful pulls (5 star corvus, mister sinister and korg from a grandmaster crystal doesn't happen unless you have access to a grandmaster crystal, after all). If the request boils down to I Need Better Champs To Progress How I Feel I Should, the real question should be Why Is The Content After Act 4 Suddenly So Champ-Specific?
    But sure, being given more chances to pull champs not helpful to completing the offered content makes sense.
    Agreed, after act 4 and most new content since is very champ specific. Again, getting a specific champion is always left to chance whether it be arena or crystals, it takes zero skill.
    When you don’t have that specific god tier champ just expect to struggle no matter your SKILL.
    Every time new stuff comes out I check out the vids on YouTube, “Just take Quake and you are fine this quest. Take IceMan and you are good to go on this one. All you need is Blade.”