**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who should I awaken with my 5 star cosmic awakening gem?

Yesterday on my 6th try at the epic unstable rift I got a 5 star cosmic awakening gem (after puny 500 5-star shards and 5 mutant sig stones as prior awards) I’ve duped or awakened most of my cosmic 5 stars except for Ronan and Superior Iron Man - who supposedly need to be awaken to be useful, and Corvus - who doesn’t “need it” to be useful but Is a much better overall champ, obviously. I don’t have Cull Obsidian yet and have heard he benefits from being awaken more than Corvus, but can’t test that theory yet. What should I do?

Who should I awaken with my 5 star cosmic awakening gem? 71 votes

Corvus
50% 36 votes
Superior Iron Man
4% 3 votes
Ronan
0% 0 votes
Save for Cull Obsidian or future champ
45% 32 votes

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    assuming this is a serious poll, corvus awakened ability is fantastic and well worth a gem. IM (what?), ronan (uhh no) and cull are not nearly good enough. Corvus is too much better then cull to really even consider cull (if you even had him).
  • StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
    Serious Poll Daniel (for the Cull Onsidian possibility.). I don’t have even a 3 star version of him so I have no idea how his sig ability stacks up to Corvus.

Awakened SIM was being used for a while in AW and other modes to heal back up to a high percentage if you quit early etc. Ronan has permastun if awakened and can be used in some quests etc as a cheat code.

Corvus is rarely talked about as being awakened. So I was curious if there is a concensus
  • StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
    Medusa is a good point omega man. I have a 6 star black bolt and Karnak and a five star duped Medusa would make for a nice team
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Corvus awakened is a nice to have but not really a game changer for the champion. He is amazing without it. I’d hold it for Cull, Medusa, or Cap Marvel movie

Yep I agree. Corvus awakened is nice to have but not necessary. You shouldn't be planning on dying when using him so his sig isn't that needed.

Medusa gains Furys and an Auto Block, those furies along with the Inhuman Royal Family synergy make her hit pretty hard.

Cull, you get Thanos' Favour and Rout more often. More of those is more damage.

Captain Marvel Movie, I don't know what it does but I'm guessing it's to do with her Binary, and Binary gives indestructible and loads of other things so probably worth it there too.
  • AznkerbzAznkerbz Posts: 113
    edited July 2019
    Corvus does nothing for you awakened (assuming you know how not to get hit).

Cull awakened will change the way you play, meaning he can be effective in longer fights since his Rout buff can be refreshed and reused.

I have both as 5* and I didn’t hesitate with Cull.

However, a 5* Medusa with the other 2 synergies is worth the use since she gets 6 furies awakened, where she would get none as unawakened. That’s a game changer
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Corvus Glaive will help you in the long run.
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    Save it for medusa
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Wait for Medusa or cull!
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Corvus cheat death ability is great. I would use that on him in a heartbeat
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    I awoken my Corvus because he was going to rank 5. Being that hes rank 5, i got him to max sig. No regrets, as he is an asset to my prestige.