**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Starlord>Sparky

Viva93Viva93 Posts: 123
You know it’s true

Comments

• Viva93Viva93 Posts: 123
    Explain how SL’s SP3 does 50K danage and when he has high combo he does 5k Per hit.
    But overal SL Has better danage output
    You’re correct. So i’d Rather use my sparky on easier quests but for stuff like rol SL would be the better choice.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

I loved this movie.
    As for on topic on the OP, Starlord is better for fights with ALOT of rampup time like RoL or LoL. Sparky needs some too but not as much. Sparky is for shorter fights than SL is. Both aren't without their uses tho
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Viva93 said:

You’re correct. So i’d Rather use my sparky on easier quests but for stuff like rol SL would be the better choice.

Not hatin' on Star-Lord. He's an amazing champ and I wish I could dupe mine, but the only time I would use him over Sparky is if it's a fight against someone with a crazy rediculous amount of health. In certain fights, Star-Lord is better, but like @shadow_lurker22 , I'd rather pull a 5* Sparky over Star-Lord.
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    i have both and starlord needs ramp up to hit hard. with sparky you only build your poise charges and hit really hard. even if you lose your combo, it does no affect you
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Stark spider hits harder than starlord untill starlord gets over 150 combo.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Batman05 said:

Nah that’s just wrong I’d say more like 75 combo
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Starlord has close to 0 utility and his maximum dmg output while higher than sparky's is much harder and longer to reach.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Sparky all day. Better utility. Evade is amazing. Damage similar until very high combo. Only time SL May outshine sparky is in LOL. In every other event sparky wins. And Aegon wins over SL
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Batman05 said:

While SL may start hitting harder at 75 hits he still needs to make up the increased damage that sparky was doing for the first 75 hits.

Sparky in my opinion is a way better damage dealer unless you're in LOL but you have no room for error. Realm sparky still wins easily
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    Sl by far is better as can take block damage and can also heal block if needed also is a champ that can fight sinister without much problem and even others doesnt matter about damage right now with all this content that has 9k base attack sl is defo far better as can take block damage unlike stark who cant even though has evade he cant take a hit so will die a lot quicker on things with 9k base attack also his health for a rank 5 is technically a rank 4 champ so sl has more survivability
    Frosty said:

Kobster84 said:

Batman05 said:

While SL may start hitting harder at 75 hits he still needs to make up the increased damage that sparky was doing for the first 75 hits.

Sparky in my opinion is a way better damage dealer unless you're in LOL but you have no room for error. Realm sparky still wins easily
    Ye I get the feeling starlord will start to shine more again in 6:3 and 6:4
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Star lord just ain’t better, outside of lol spark has superior damage (talking 5-65 here) spark also has utility that sl has basically none of, spark is superior in every way besides lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

Batman05 said:

Someone did the simplified poise/combo/crit calculations for Sparky and Star Lord and posted a graph: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6mmz9y/spiderman_stark_enhanced_vs_starlord_damage_graphs/

The original posted graph had an error, here is the revised graph:

Basically, Star Lord exceeds Sparky's base damage after about 50 combo, but his crit damage (which is more important when comparing to Sparky long term) needs about 125 combo to exceed Sparky at maximum poise charges.

These are the damage per hit calculations. For Star Lord to outdamage Sparky he would have to overtake Sparky, and then make up for the previous damage output gap. If someone is playing both of them optimally, I think it Star Lord probably needs a fight to last more than 200 hits to overtake Sparky, probably around 250 (that's just an eyeball of the curve, not a calculation).
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Viva93 said:

You know it’s true

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Batman05 said:

Someone did the simplified poise/combo/crit calculations for Sparky and Star Lord and posted a graph: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6mmz9y/spiderman_stark_enhanced_vs_starlord_damage_graphs/

Basically, Star Lord exceeds Sparky's base damage after about 50 combo, but his crit damage (which is more important when comparing to Sparky long term) needs about 125 combo to exceed Sparky at maximum poise charges.

These are the damage per hit calculations. For Star Lord to outdamage Sparky he would have to overtake Sparky, and then make up for the previous damage output gap. If someone is playing both of them optimally, I think it Star Lord probably needs a fight to last more than 200 hits to overtake Sparky, probably around 250 (that's just an eyeball of the curve, not a calculation).
    Do you mean sparkys crit rate?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Batman05 said:

Do you mean sparkys crit rate?
    The poster calculated average critical damage output, factoring critical damage strength and critical damage rate.

I haven't run those calculations myself to double check, but my recollection is that at the time several people did different kinds of calculations and all of them roughly converged on similar conclusions. In a fight with perfect play (so Sparky maintains high poise and Star Lord never loses combo) it takes a fight somewhere around 200 hits for Star Lord to be able to outdamage Sparky overall. Less than that and Star Lord does not have enough time to catch up.