**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spider-People now a proven menace?! July's Event Quest: PHANTASMAGORIA

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Why do you get more gold from beginner difficulty than Uncollected????
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    @Drooped2 what about the players who haven’t pulled Corvus or stark or domino etc.? I’m not saying it’s impossible that they haven’t pulled a champion that is leagues above what the best could have been, just that they haven’t necessarily pulled one. Assuming you were doing uncollected when it was first released, can you honestly say that the same team who completed the fist quest could complete this months quest, with the same item use? Including the full scope of nodes paths? I don’t want to further derail this, but that’s my opinion.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Webby72 said:

@Drooped2 what about the players who haven’t pulled Corvus or stark or domino etc.? I’m not saying it’s impossible that they haven’t pulled a champion that is leagues above what the best could have been, just that they haven’t necessarily pulled one. Assuming you were doing uncollected when it was first released, can you honestly say that the same team who completed the fist quest could complete this months quest, with the same item use? Including the full scope of nodes paths? I don’t want to further derail this, but that’s my opinion.

Yes people still can do uncollected with 4 stars I see youtubers all the time for fun.

And everyone I've seen becoming uncollected laty has a way better team then I did.

4/40thor
    Max witch
    Max starlord
    Widow 5/50
    And a 4/40 daredevil

Was my team to 100 percent 5.2
    It either cost a fortune with that team, or your just straight up lying trying to show off
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Drooped2 said:

Webby72 said:

Yes people still can do uncollected with 4 stars I see youtubers all the time for fun.

And everyone I've seen becoming uncollected laty has a way better team then I did.

4/40thor
    Max witch
    Max starlord
    Widow 5/50
    And a 4/40 daredevil

Was my team to 100 percent 5.2
    It either cost a fortune with that team, or your just straight up lying trying to show off
    Actually, if I recall correctly the team I used for first completion of 5.2 was a bunch of 5/50s and 3/45s (I forget if I ranked up my Iceman before or after becoming uncollected), so not terribly stronger than that team. It was extremely difficult for me that first time, but not super expensive. I recall spending a few team revives on the Collector before figuring out the best strategy to kill him.

That team would be incredibly difficult to fully explore Act 5, but 5.2 specifically has a catch: there's Bane everywhere. That means a player that can time Bane well can kill the entire map with almost any team, because Bane can kill everything for you eventually - even the Collector.

In fact, I recently finished full explore of Act 5, and the last paths were the 5.2 paths. Initially I tried to fight the map like a noob, but then I remembered how I used Bane on first completion. My strategy for fully exploring 5.2 was to just bring in the team with the highest health, and use Bane to kill everything. Of course today that team is loaded with 5/65s and 4/55s, but that's because I'm lazy not crazy. In fact, almost every kill on the Collector was actually a Bane kill, not a kill due to my direct damage. Hitting is what I did to transfer Bane. This way the Collector gets the minimum amount of power from me.
    Webby72 said:

Assuming you were doing uncollected when it was first released, can you honestly say that the same team who completed the fist quest could complete this months quest, with the same item use?

Yep. Although that may have as much to do with me being ten times better as a player now than then, because I had no idea what I was doing then.

The paths and the links were never the problem. The problem was always problematic node/defenders, problematic minibosses, and problematic bosses. Saying that todays maps have more linked paths so they are harder is true but irrelevant. It ignores the fact that Invisible Woman, say, is far easier to kill than unblockable bananas Guillotine. Nobody complained about the links on Ice Phoenix's map. The forums were and are consistently flooded with posts either asking for help on or complaining the impossibility of tough fights, not tough paths. Adaptoid, The Champion, Red Hulk, Thing, Torch, countless others. The vast majority of the difficulty is in the difficult individual fights. A map with one hard boss and no links is harder than a map with every node linked but with an easy boss. I will take that every time.

Becoming Uncollected requires starting to learn how to deal with path links, and you can't really complete Act 5 without knowing how to deal with links in a way that nullifies their difficulty. Many links can even be corralled to help you (like I mentioned with Bane). If you can't get past the linked paths, you're not getting past most of the bosses anyway.

Discounting the infinity Thanoses, the hardest uncollected difficulty event for me was Guillotine. Nothing, and I mean nothing since then has been harder for me. I would rather do last month's map with 4*s than bring my current roster back in time to do that Guillotine. I'm not saying that would be true for everyone else, but I will bet that for most veteran players there's that thing they hate worse than anything else, that makes everything else pale. And I doubt if that thing is a linked path very often. It is a nasty fight. Difficulty is relative, but it tends to be concentrated in difficult defenders.
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

1. When Uncollected difficult launched none of the paths had local nodes
    2. After few months we saw some paths with local nodes
    3. after another few months saw all paths with local nodes
    4. then later we had mini bosses
    5. then now we have two nodes per path.
    There is a clear increase in difficulty but rewards stays same... i am fine with increase in difficulty but rewards
    should also match that.....

1.When uncollected difficulty launched most people had 4 star rosters and r3 5s
    2.after a few months we saw r4 5s and better

The difficulty stayed flexible with the roster growth of the community.

If rewards increase I expect a difficulty jump
    With that logic 6:4 should have the same rewards as 6:2 because people will have better rosters?
    Story mode rewards are designed with different design intent than recurring content. That's a fundamental design nuance in progressional games like MCOC.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

There is a clear increase in difficulty but rewards stays same... i am fine with increase in difficulty but rewards

With that logic 6:4 should have the same rewards as 6:2 because people will have better rosters?
    Is it going to change from month to month? Nope it wont. Theres a difference in story and eq..

Yes but your saying because people had weaker rosters when uncollected difficulty initially came out it shouldn’t have increased rewards now that it’s harder because we have better rosters
    Correct me if I’m wrong?
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Is it going to change from month to month? Nope it wont. Theres a difference in story and eq..

Yes but your saying because people had weaker rosters when uncollected difficulty initially came out it shouldn’t have increased rewards now that it’s harder because we have better rosters
    Correct me if I’m wrong?
    Again it has NOT gotten harder imo it's easier to get uncollected now which is forcing players into things they just arent ready for. That's the change getting to the show is easier then ever.

The actual show hasnt changed
    Uncollected now is harder then the first one for sure maybe not it terms of bosses (excluding Nameless Thanos) but just had a look of the first one and the nodes weren’t actually nodes paths but simply sp3 activated
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?
    Again it has NOT gotten harder imo it's easier to get uncollected now which is forcing players into things they just arent ready for. That's the change getting to the show is easier then ever.

Uncollected now is harder then the first one for sure maybe not it terms of bosses (excluding Nameless Thanos) but just had a look of the first one and the nodes weren’t actually nodes paths but simply sp3 activated
    I dont find nodes make it any harder just more interesting. If I never had to change my playstyle
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

Nodes dont make things harder to me they make things less boring. Look at rol. It's boring as can be I like changing my playstyle. If you read the nodes and do what it says it's still not difficult at all

Until you face an AI who is programmed to be more defense so the node can favor on to them instead of us then it becomes a matter of frustration and rage lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

As @DNA3000 pointed out, the noded paths aren't what make for the real difficulty in UC. The only time I remember people really complaining about a path was the invade path some time ago, and that wasn't even hard if you can adjust your play style. People ignore all the easy ones and then every time we get a harder one it's more evidence that they get "progressively harder."
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

I dont find nodes make it any harder just more interesting. If I never had to change my playstyle
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

Nodes dont make things harder to me they make things less boring. Look at rol. It's boring as can be I like changing my playstyle. If you read the nodes and do what it says it's still not difficult at all

Ye I haven’t had a problem with uncollected in ages but to say like thorns paths is the same as paths with simply sp3 activated
    I'm gonna call that a bad example as thorns adds zero challenge to a fight at all.

I mean its auto damage woo it doesnt change the fight for me in any way
    Yes but it is harder
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

As @DNA3000 pointed out, the noded paths aren't what make for the real difficulty in UC. The only time I remember people really complaining about a path was the invade path some time ago, and that wasn't even hard if you can adjust your play style. People ignore all the easy ones and then every time we get a harder one it's more evidence that they get "progressively harder."
    And nobody (except me) calls for rewards to.go down on easy months
    But I do agree if they do buff the rewards quite a lot the difficulty would have to go up
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mars___ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong?

Ye I haven’t had a problem with uncollected in ages but to say like thorns paths is the same as paths with simply sp3 activated
    I'm gonna call that a bad example as thorns adds zero challenge to a fight at all.

I mean its auto damage woo it doesnt change the fight for me in any way
    Yes but it is harder
    How so? You fight the same enemy the same way and just use a champ that can heal back some or negate it.

The fight doesnt become any different in any way
    It does present a different challenge that doesn't necessarily require someone to change the way they play, but it does offer that option in many circumstances. For example, I certainly play Void different when fighting a thorns node, because although the fight gets much slower I can kill the node with debuffs that have no strike back damage rather than attack and eat the strike back damage. I wouldn't do that normally, but I might in this situation. Similarly, you would probably choose to go odd combo with Voodoo. You could also deliberately hit into block since thorns doesn't trigger on blocked hits, or you could deliberately adopt tactics that don't make contact. You could use specials with Vision and use synthesis to generate power, or you could use champions like IMIW that do not make contact with some of his attacks (and make sure to only use those).

These do represent change in tactics because you wouldn't normally do these things on a non-thorns node (since they aren't the optimal way to attack) but you would do them to eliminate or greatly reduce the damage incoming from thorns, even though the fight could take longer as a result.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Webby72 said:

@Drooped2 that is precisely my point though. Uncollected used to be much easier for beginners.

Just because it may have been a similar difficulty then as it is now for players who have always been doing uncollected, doesn’t mean players who have only just become uncollected need to be punished for it.
    On a lighter note regarding rewards, thanks again Kabam for the buff to rewards! Much appreciated!

So your saying that players now dont have better champs then they did when 5.2 was released?
    Collector was done with 4 star daredevils as a TOP option.

No corvus stark voodoo. Sorry but roster progression of a brand new uncollected player is miles above what it was when the first uncollected existed
    Pretty sure Spark came out one month after 5.2. Voodoo was there. The issue isn’t that rosters are better. The issue is that uncollected is uncollected. The quality of the average roster becoming uncollected May be different in the sense that there are more elite champs to obtain. What’s required generally to get there hasn’t changed, but those resources are easier to acquire.

The bigger issue to me is that we now have cavalier. It would make a ton of sense to merge beginner and normal, add cavalier difficulty, and have it either be a shrunken map (fewer paths per level, tougher fights) or a full map with an attainable first clear and not-so-attainable exploration.

Let’s define what these terms mean, too. An uncollected player may have only cleared one path in 5.2. That isn’t a bad outcome for uncollected EQ. Clearing all paths may not be an option. Let cavalier difficulty work the same way.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I read this whole thing in Jameson's voice