**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T4CC - Abundance and Scarcity, What Determines It?

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
This is a genuine question from a 200K player who still feels like it's Christmas when I get a T4CC. My alliance runs map 5 mostly, occasionally some map 3. All I ever get is fragments. I got a full T4CC once from a map 5 crystal, I thanked Santa.

If you ever wondered who buys the T4CCs when they come on sale, I do. I've been R4ing my 4*s recently because I don't have the T4CCs to R5 anyone else.

I keep seeing threads where players are so loaded up with T4CCs that they're just expiring in their stash. This seems ... impossible to me, and a little sickening (considering I pay for the things). There's only one map we're not running, is map 6 the difference?

There seem to be two distinct classes of player in the game, those who are rolling in T4CC and those who would give a kidney for one.

How do I cross that line and become a better class of player?

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The people who get one each week from aq can't use them fast enough. A lot of people in top 300 alliances have this problem. I have this problem lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I keep seeing threads where players are so loaded up with T4CCs that they're just expiring in their stash. This seems ... impossible to me, and a little sickening (considering I pay for the things). There's only one map we're not running, is map 6 the difference?

Indirectly, kind of. A top 300 alliance is earning at least one fully formed T4CC a week (AQ week, or eight days). On top of that, they are almost certainly running Map 6 some or most of the time, and if they are consistently completing the map with all of their battlegroups they could be earning between 9 and 15 Map 6 crystals a week, on top of the milestone rewards of 9 Map 5 and 3 Map 6 crystals, plus 2300 Glory.

Hypothetically speaking, a member of this top 300 alliance could be earning the equivalent of between 1.5 and 2 T4CC a week on average between fragments and crystals. A top 100 alliance member could be earning over 2 T4CC a week.

The difference between them and you (and me) isn't just a question of running Map 6. The points you earn is based on the map you run and your alliance prestige. The higher your prestige the more points you score (and the harder the map gets). You need to have high prestige, be in an alliance with a lot of other high prestige players, and run Map 6 effectively, and consistently be able to pay for it, and you will score a ton of points. That will earn you more Map rewards per day, more milestones over the week, and the really high rewards for placing high at the end of the week.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I get t4cc every week but don't get enough gold to use them as fast as I get them so I kinda have a stockpile going. I don't even open the crystals anymore. Also, you have to have a SUPER high prestige to get t4cc these days without map6. My alliance is fortunant in that we only have to do one day of map 6 as our alliance prestige is well over 5000

Edit: also just saw you run map 3 occasionally. Yeah I haven't even played map 3 in this season yet. Map 5 is the minimum.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Indirectly, kind of. A top 300 alliance is earning at least one fully formed T4CC a week (AQ week, or eight days). On top of that, they are almost certainly running Map 6 some or most of the time, and if they are consistently completing the map with all of their battlegroups they could be earning between 9 and 15 Map 6 crystals a week, on top of the milestone rewards of 9 Map 5 and 3 Map 6 crystals, plus 2300 Glory.

Hypothetically speaking, a member of this top 300 alliance could be earning the equivalent of between 1.5 and 2 T4CC a week on average between fragments and crystals. A top 100 alliance member could be earning over 2 T4CC a week.

The difference between them and you (and me) isn't just a question of running Map 6. The points you earn is based on the map you run and your alliance prestige. The higher your prestige the more points you score (and the harder the map gets). You need to have high prestige, be in an alliance with a lot of other high prestige players, and run Map 6 effectively, and consistently be able to pay for it, and you will score a ton of points. That will earn you more Map rewards per day, more milestones over the week, and the really high rewards for placing high at the end of the week.

Yes basically this
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Thanks for such a detailed answer, that makes a lot of sense. I currently have a duped R3 5* Storm, my next highest PI champs are R5 Cable, Thor, OG Vision, WWII and Hulk (these took me a long time to grind).

What should be my focus, if my goal is to reach the next level? I figure R4ing Storm will give me the biggest PI boost. Would one R4 be enough to get close to map 6 territory?

I'm running arenas regularly now, so gold is becoming less of an issue. I'm Uncollected, but I've just reached a point where virtually all of the "freebies" for completing content have run out (other than LOL but, you know ... LOL).

Thanks for any advice, I'm determined to steer myself in the right direction. Planning ahead clearly pays off in this game.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I never bought a single T4CC deal and I have over 30 T4CCs in my inventory. My alliance isn't even close to a top 300 alliance and I pulled 2 full catalysts last week from 5 days worth of map 5 crystals. Its a bit of grinding and a lot rng. Im a 240k player and a few months back did my first path of LOL and that was kind of the tipping point for me from clawing for catalysts to almost overflowing with them. It takes a lot of time but once you get some momentum going t4ccs start flowing in more consistently.
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    Find out what your prestige is, there are tools to do this. Get yourself to ~4500 and then find an alliance, you should be able to get into one that's placing top 500 with that. It's not about map 6, you need to get into an alliance that's placing highly every week in AQ. The glory and glory crystals you earn will build up your t4cc quicker than the odd map 6 crystal
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    What should be my focus, if my goal is to reach the next level? I figure R4ing Storm will give me the biggest PI boost. Would one R4 be enough to get close to map 6 territory?

You may not get there in one jump. It is not about you getting there personally, it is being able to be recruited by a high alliance, and that comes down to three things mostly: have high prestige, be able to consistently run paths in Map 6 without getting into trouble, and being prepared for the investment in time and resources to participate in an alliance that does this regularly.

Alternatively, you could try to work within your own alliance to slowly move them forward. When I joined my alliance I was about 80k and they were doing Map 3. Not even 3x5, just 3 by whenever. About a year or so later, we're 5x5 and expert tier and I stopped looking at my rating when I passed 400k. For me, the next level is trying to get my alliance mates to the next level.

Don't discount the arenas for "freebies" by the way. Those fragments add up over time. Separate from pushing for more T4CC, you should also be balancing trying to get more 4* and 5* fragments, to start fishing for better and stronger 5* champions to rank up with those T4CC.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    I never bought a single T4CC deal and I have over 30 T4CCs in my inventory. My alliance isn't even close to a top 300 alliance and I pulled 2 full catalysts last week from 5 days worth of map 5 crystals. Its a bit of grinding and a lot rng. Im a 240k player and a few months back did my first path of LOL and that was kind of the tipping point for me from clawing for catalysts to almost overflowing with them. It takes a lot of time but once you get some momentum going t4ccs start flowing in more consistently.

I've seen some videos of other people doing LoL, but it just seems so difficult and unit costly.

What character did you use and how many units did it land up taking?

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. The only things I have left to do in the game is complete the last map of act 5.2 (which requires beating the collector multiple times and I don't have the units yet) and LoL (and that just looks way out of reach right now).
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    I've seen some videos of other people doing LoL, but it just seems so difficult and unit costly.

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. The only things I have left to do in the game is complete the last map of act 5.2 (which requires beating the collector multiple times and I don't have the units yet) and LoL (and that just looks way out of reach right now).

I used 4* starlord 5/50, 4* gwenpool 5/50, wolverine 4* 5/50, 4* cylops 3/30 and 5* magneto rank 2. It cost me right under 5k units but I played pretty horribly the last third because I chose to do it all in one sitting so after 4+ hours of straight playing and concentrating I was slipping up way more than I did the first 2 thirds. If I did it in sections and played 2 hours at a time at the pace I was going at at the beginning it probably would have taken 4k units or so. It was actually quite a bit easier than I thought it would be. Gwenpool made falcon, magik and war machine super easy and I got falcon down in 1 revive and lots of health potions and war machine and magik in 4 revives each. I did it a day or 2 after the halls of healing which I grinded out and grinded 300+ health potions in ROL so I could get my starlord up a bit health wise so I could take the occasional block hit if I wasn't feeling the intercept. It took about 8-9 hours to do feel free to pm in game if you want some tips my users sungj2001.
    edited August 2017
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

It's not bad with the right champs. I used 1300 units to beat it with my 5* R4 SL
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    A lot of players have t4cc’s expiring because Kabam doesn’t give us enough t4b quick enough, you need 4-8 t4b to use up the class cats to take a 4 or 5* up & they just don’t come quick enough. If you keep playing you’ll get there eventually, we all knew the struggle of crossing that t4cc line. Be grateful you have fragments to get, when I needed them it was full t4c or nothing, talk about a pain lol but keep playing bud & you’ll get there. Best of luck!