**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I don't get prestige.

Too_qikToo_qik Posts: 600 ★★
I don't get why prestige is even a concern for some people, literally all it effects is that little number on your profile, I couldn't care less about it, and I have no idea why anyone would.
Could someone please tell me why it matters

Comments

• DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    And it doesn't affect that number on your profile, that's your Base hero rating. Prestige is the average PI of your top 5 champs. You could have a Base hero rating of 6000 and still have a much higher prestige than someone with 60,000 Base hero rating.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    It's a tiebreaker for AQ, No mas.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    Kaladin_ said:

What's a tie in AQ?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Too_qik said:

I don't get why prestige is even a concern for some people, literally all it effects is that little number on your profile, I couldn't care less about it, and I have no idea why anyone would.

No one does its beyond out of date to include top 5 champs that you cant even see on your profile.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    DNA3000 said:

Kaladin_ said:

What's a tie in AQ?
    Say 100 teams complete map 5x5 100%, well how do you rank those teams for rank rewards? The answer is prestige. The team with the higher prestige will score higher because the difficulty goes up ever so slightly.
    Kaladin_ said:

DNA3000 said:

Kaladin_ said:

What's a tie in AQ?
    Say 100 teams complete map 5x5 100%, well how do you rank those teams for rank rewards? The answer is prestige. The team with the higher prestige will score higher because the difficulty goes up ever so slightly.
    That's an odd way to look at it. Prestige directly factors into scoring, so it isn't really a tie breaker. Otherwise, you could say the bosses in AQ are tie breakers.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Hero rating - the number on your profile that is all your champs added up. It means Jack ####. Masteries and boosts do not affect this number.

PI - the rating of a champ which is affected by masteries and boosts. It only matters in arena.

Prestige - the average PI of your top 5 champs without any modifiers. It affects AQ score and is the most important stat.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Thing is, some alliances who are AQ oriented, are looking for members with high prestige, for the reasons said earlier in this tread...

Therfore , having good pulls from cristals, that allows you to rank up good champs, that has great prestige, gives you an advantage over players who have unlucky pulls from cristals...

• OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Prestige is really simple:

Take your top five champs add them all together divide by 100 then subtract the difference of your top five and bottom five. Once you have that multiply by 35 square it to the third power divide by 11 and add the top champion PI. Then take the sum of the second through fifth get the average of them subtract the average of your bottom five in PI and add that to the square root of the total PI of your roster.

See nothing to it.
    OmegaMan said:

Take your top five champs add them all together divide by 100 then subtract the difference of your top five and bottom five. Once you have that multiply by 35 square it to the third power divide by 11 and add the top champion PI. Then take the sum of the second through fifth get the average of them subtract the average of your bottom five in PI and add that to the square root of the total PI of your roster.

See nothing to it.

4,323,603,088,187,027,096,656,964,157,274,842,229 and 11,641.
    DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

Perfectly applied prestige. Nicely done.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Too_qik said:

Here

https://auntm.ai/champions/

There you can know your prestige
    DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

To the person who disagreed: it's true the first number is an approximation. The continued decimal is ...598969319602[27] repeating. I guess I should have rounded to 230 instead of 229. That's a bit nit-picky, but I wouldn't want to degrade the mathematical accuracy of the forums. It is important that we have these quantitative watch dogs monitoring the computational fidelity of posts. Keep up the good work.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

I’m curious if you just spit out a number or actually did the math in the comment you replied to...
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

I’m curious if you just spit out a number or actually did the math in the comment you replied to...
    He used the simple calculation to get prestige. Lol

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

I think you forgot to integrate over the bounds of your upper and lower prestige limits. Reason I say this is because if it doesn’t involve calculus then it’s most likely too simple a calculation and could easily be figured out by the player base.
    Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

I had help.
    OmegaMan said:

Werewrym said:

DNA3000 said:

OmegaMan said:

See nothing to it.

He used the simple calculation to get prestige. Lol

I'm a little confused, because I got two numbers. Is prestige a vector?
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Basically, prestige is the average of your top 5 Pl champs when you don't have any masteries active. So if, when you took all your masteries off, your top 5 champions had 5000, 5100, 5200, 5300 and 5400 Power Index, your prestige would be the average of that, which is 5200. That's your personal account's prestige. And it isn't affected by masteries; it's all about the champions you rank up.
    Then your alliance's prestige, as far as I understand it, is calculated by averaging the account prestige of the member with the highest prestige, and the one with the lowest prestige. So if your alliance had members between 4500 and 5500 prestige, your Alliance's prestige would be 5000. This isn't impacted by the prestige of the people between those two extremes. Alliance Prestige impacts the difficulty of fights in Alliance Quest, which, in turn, impacts the amount of points you get from every fight. I have a feeling that it MIGHT have some impact on AW, but I don't know for sure...
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    I thought alliance prestige was the average of all 30 members. Just take a look at the AQ menu on day 1, it will show your alliance's natural prestige. Then, for each BG that kills the boss on each day of AQ, your prestige for the week goes up. Until day 5, which is why the rating of the defenders goes up, which in turn increases the amount of points you score, which leads to greater rewards. It then resets back to your natural prestige again on day 1 of the next cycle.
    For individual prestige..Discord, Line and other apps that alliances commonly use have calculators built in.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    Ok, maybe a strange question....where do you find this number? Sounds like it is not you total base hero rating so I am honestly not sure here this number is found?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Ok, maybe a strange question....where do you find this number? Sounds like it is not you total base hero rating so I am honestly not sure here this number is found?

You can't find the number easily in the game. If you drop all your masteries and have no active boosts, just add the PI of your top 5 champs and divide by 5. Otherwise there are several prestige calculators you can use by plugging in your top 5 champs plus rank level and signature level.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Five years into the game and we’re still having to use outside sources for prestige calculation. The game has it calculated for our AQ purposes, it still boggles my mind why prestige isn’t easily viewed on our profile. Way past time to be honest.