**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Psylocke Buff Needed

Hey all, hope your having a good day. I'm just going to address who in my opinion definitely needs a buff in MCOC: Psylocke!

Psylocke- When it comes to power control champions, Psylocke most definitely lingers in the top 5.. but here's why she isn't quite the best, and that Magik and Dormammu shove her to the side every time:
  • Decreased attacking power rate. Whether you've noticed or not, Psylocke gains bear power when attacking opponents. The power steal on the sp1 isn't guaranteed, therefore rebuilding even to sp1 takes a lot of hits.
  • Sp2 Huge power dispersion. Yes. Sp2 gives out more power than you'd ever know. Even though it power locks, what is the legitimate point in first saving all that power with decreased offensive power rate only to give a load away and power lock for a short duration of time? You might as well be repeating sp1 until the opponent has no power for the incredible almost infinite lasting power lock!
  • Hex Charges. Their intervals are randomized, giving random charges, completely ignorant of combo meters or missions. This needs a fix so you can guarantee an X amount of damage from the heavy. Maybe missions should be added, and the hardest mission would be a different colour hex charge which outputs an increased/decreased damage range based on difficulty!
Getting Psylocke as a 6 star really bummed me off, she's weak health wise and needs improvements. Another champion added to the everlasting list of ignored, terrible champions.

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I wouldn’t mind a 6* Psylocke. As long as the defender doesn’t gain power except by being hit, it’s practically an infinite power lock. Be glad you didn’t get a HB or something. You’re pretty lucky
  • RenegädeツRenegädeツ Posts: 98
    HB would be my biggest nightmare.. looks like we have a Psylocke expert here, thanks for your comments.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    She should passively gain 15% less than normal. Currently shes at 20% less. That's pretty much all she needs imo
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I disagree, OP.

I 2/3 agree with @Fred_Joeity apart from disagreeing about her SP2. She's actually well balanced. If she wasn't a little limited in gaining power (particularly early on in the fight), shed be an absolute monster.

The SP1 and SP2 both grant you up to a whole bar of power, which more than makes up for her reduced power gain rate.

SP1 is your go-to attack at first, to drain the opponent to zero power. If you use Parry and Petrify, you should be able to get your SP1 soon enough that you can hit it three times on the trot, taking your opponent from approx 1.5 power bars to zero power very easily.
    However, once you've got your passive Enervated effect on, you should ignore your SP1 and move on to your SP2. Unless you're fighting Loki/Hype's/Mordo, in which case you'll probably just spam SP1 forever...

The SP2 is far from useless - it does decent damage and is a better option once you've got the passive Enervate effect; because once that's in effect, your SP1 can't give you Power any more! But the SP2 can... You can just batter your opponent till you're approaching three bars; fire it off, and your free bar of Power will have you close to another SP2 in the blink of an eye*. (Try this on a Power Reserve node for extra fun...)
    Granted, the actual Power Lock effect does little in the Enervated scenario (unless, say, you're against an opponent with a short but predictable Power Gain effect like DPX, Iron Patriot, or anyone on a Backup Reserve node); but it's useful to have other Power control options if you can't fully keep the opponent Enervated; like Mordo, Hyperion, Kinetic Transference nodes, etc.

*Keep at a high Power level from this point so that if you make a mistake and get hit, you can easily reach SP3 and drain their power again.

Psylocke could certainly do with some decent synergies; but you can improve her Power Gain and/or Crit rate with a mutant team; or improve her durability with some Perfect Block companions from GoTG, or Health-enhancing Spiderverse champions.

So I don't think there's any pressure that she needs a buff at all. If she was going to get one (possibly via a new synergy next time there's a new mutant champion...) I'd just suggest that Power Lock also causes Heal Block if the opponent is under a passive Enervate effect.
    @Magrailothos wow, thanks for that! I had only recently just opened Psylocke, scanning over her abilities but not going into great detail. Some knowledge like this would really help me out when it comes to potential power drain required nodes in act 6. And yes, maybe a unique synergy is all that will be needed.
  • KlashdKlashd Posts: 47

I wouldn’t mind a 6* Psylocke. As long as the defender doesn’t gain power except by being hit, it’s practically an infinite power lock. Be glad you didn’t get a HB or something. You’re pretty lucky

Woah woah woah, you're saying HB, is bad? I thought I had a god tier 6* roster... 😔
    @Magrailothos well, i’m feeling happy about her now! Possibly underrated tbh.. do you know how many psi charges were required for that damage?
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    How about focusing on champs that actually need bluffs like Groot and Hulkbuster rather than trying to buff already pretty useful champs.
    Just because they dont deal 40k specials doesnt mean they suck lol
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    @Magrailothos I never thought about using my Psylocke against a “power start” enemy. Good thought there
  • Personally, I'd like to see a Bleed/Cauterize mechanic added to Psylocke. That would take her from pretty good to almost outstanding. Her standard Blade could inflict the Bleed. Then her Psy-Blade from her S1, or her Heavy could inflict the Cauterize once the Bleed is inflicted, granting her increased damage output. Similar to that of Ultron. Psylocke's main Achilles Heel is her basic damage output in my opinion.

Her Psy-Charges are pretty nifty. Her Power Control ability is one of the best out there as maintaining it is pretty straightforward via her S1. Her S2, while semi-effective, just isn't as effective as her S1 in my experience with her. Her S3 on the other hand is pretty sick if utilized to the max. Just the same, it's a rarity that I can. It's tricky to stage it to blast them for the full swing. However, it pays off if triggered at the right time. Great for longer fights if you can bait them down to a lower amount of power when launched.

All in all, she's pretty good as is. A little bit of tweaking could tip her up to a new level of usefulness. Although, I do agree that there's others that DESPERATELY NEED the attention more. I would be quite pleased even now to get a 6* Psylocke.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

@Magrailothos I never thought about using my Psylocke against a “power start” enemy. Good thought there

You're welcome. Used her against Power Start-2 Human Torch a couple of EQ ago. She worked fine!
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    Psylocke is pretty good right now but I do agree that she definitely should have some type of bleed, i mean it’s just absolutely annoying that she’s using samurai swords but can’t bleed, AND the whole decreased power rate thing needs to be changed. She gains power waaaaaay too slow, and it’s honestly kinda silly. So i would say she needs a significant rework, but they should definitely tweak her a bit.
    Also, using domino took 172 hits against RoL WS. And using psylocke it took 783 hits. Same ratings. Indeed she would need some kind of bleed to improve damage output
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited July 2019

A unique Synergy would do well for her. She’s so close to being a pretty great champion, but just not quite there. A unique Synergy could top her off perfectly.

I'd like a synergy that takes her ability and transfers it to all power and not just struck power. So if she were to team with a certain X-Men, she could turn into a Hyperion counter perhaps. Or Magik's with MD.