**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cull Obsidian's Hits No Longer Pause Duration of Thanos's Favor Buffs [MERGED THREADS]

TartarsaucedTartarsauced Posts: 6
edited July 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I recently shared this video to the MCOC subreddit, showing that when I hit the opponent only my very first stack of Thanos's favor is paused, while the remaining 9 stacks are not paused, no matter how I'm hitting the opponent:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/c6l3zu/bug_cull_obsidians_hits_no_longer_pause_the_timer/

This greatly hurts his potential damage output, so I am really hoping this is not an intentional nerf. His ability to do massive amounts of damage with his armor breaks, thanos's favor, rout, and hulk synergy are what really make him such an amazing champion, so taking away his ability to keep Thanos's Favor buffs up for as long as possible with an aggressive play-style are really key to his overall damage potential.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• TartarsaucedTartarsauced Posts: 6
    Apologies, I should have specified that this has only started occurring since I updated to 24.0 yesterday. I use iPhone 8 with iOS 12.3.1.
  • Hey there, we'll pass this along to the rest of the team to take a look at.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    Any update on this @Kabam Zibiit ?
  • JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    @Kabam Zibiit are we going to have to wait until next month like we did with his last bug with havok?
  • TartarsaucedTartarsauced Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    @Kabam Zibiit thank you for looking into this and replying, but can we get some kind of update if they're aware and working on a fix? Not going to lie, for me this is extremely frustrating, especially after I spent an entire month completing the daily Champion Use solo quest, stocking up on L1 revives so I can use my Cull Obsidian and finally finish Variant 2.

But now Cull Obsidian's damage output potential has been reduced significantly, these L1 revives are just going to go completely unused and expire in my stash all because I can't use them to finish the content I wanted to use them for using Cull. Will likely need even more revives to clear Variant without Cull, or upgrade other champs that aren't broken. PLEASE make this your top priority to fix!
  • JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    I mean it would really nice if he was working to his full potential by now for the first time since he came out.
  • Spidey081Spidey081 Posts: 34
    I have also noticed this same exact problem while playing cull obsidian. it would seem only his base initial thanos favor is the only buff that is getting paused. even if the others show pausing, they drop off out of no where and you are left with only 1 buff.
  • Donrafa96Donrafa96 Posts: 6
    I recently noticed that the Thanos’ favor on Cull Obsidian is expiring at different rates. The first Thanos’ favor work as it has before but every favor above 1 is expiring much faster than it. Now, im pretty certain that theyve always been expiring at the same rate

Have any other Cull player noticed this? I have video proving that they last for different times
    @Kabam Zibiit can we get an update. This is severely nerfing the champion from his full potential.
    While fighting with Cull Obsidian, his Thanos' Favor buff do not pause. Any buff I have beyond 1 simply expires after the first 10 seconds of the fight. It states they should pause the duration each time a hit is made with the opponent. Sometimes visually it will show as if paused, but after 10 sec all the charges fall off except for 1.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So much for me using my 6* R2 to finish my last bit of 6.2. Now he's hitting at a fraction of his intended power and I'm out units for revives and potions on two runs because this was the first I had heard of it #WorkingAsIntended 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    Can we please get an update? In map 7 can’t touch this we rely on his true strike but thanos’ Favour just drains endlessly and isn’t paused on attacks at all.
    Been a week now and no word...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Do you have any screenshots as examples? Any particular places its happening? Anything other than "it's broke"?

My R5 is working just fine.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

So most people probably know at this point that Cull Obsidian is a persistent charge champion, who after 5 charges is supposed to 100% counter evade/auto-block. That being said, even at 9-10 charges, the true accuracy still won't work, you'll get evaded, and die. Please fix the character to actually act like it's supposed to according to his abilities.

Pretty sure this is due to a bug with his thanos favour buffs not pausing meaning you might have lost them and then they evaded
    Kobster84 said:

So most people probably know at this point that Cull Obsidian is a persistent charge champion, who after 5 charges is supposed to 100% counter evade/auto-block. That being said, even at 9-10 charges, the true accuracy still won't work, you'll get evaded, and die. Please fix the character to actually act like it's supposed to according to his abilities.

Pretty sure this is due to a bug with his thanos favour buffs not pausing meaning you might have lost them and then they evaded
    Incorrect. Those persistent charge abilities are passive. And they work. I've been using my Cull in the new event quest.

https://youtu.be/BtmEMrF_5kQ
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

Kobster84 said:

Incorrect. Those persistent charge abilities are passive. And they work. I've been using my Cull in the new event quest.

Not commenting on whether evade does or doesn’t work, as I haven’t tested it. It is true however that all his Thanos favour buffs are not paused as they should be. Only the first one is paused and the other x (eg. 9) drop off quicker than they should.
    Zeezoos said:

Kobster84 said:

Not commenting on whether evade does or doesn’t work, as I haven’t tested it. It is true however that all his Thanos favour buffs are not paused as they should be. Only the first one is paused and the other x (eg. 9) drop off quicker than they should.
    Correct. That is what the actual bug is.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Same position, earned revives to use my 5* Cull 5/65 sig180 on Variant 2 and his damage has been essentially neutered after most recent update (24.0) on my iPad Pro (iOS 12.3.1)

@Kabam Zibiit thank you for looking into this and replying, but can we get some kind of update if they're aware and working on a fix? Not going to lie, for me this is extremely frustrating, especially after I spent an entire month completing the daily Champion Use solo quest, stocking up on L1 revives so I can use my Cull Obsidian and finally finish Variant 2.

But now Cull Obsidian's damage output potential has been reduced significantly, these L1 revives are just going to go completely unused and expire in my stash all because I can't use them to finish the content I wanted to use them for using Cull. Will likely need even more revives to clear Variant without Cull, or upgrade other champs that aren't broken. PLEASE make this your top priority to fix!

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah this is bull snot. We should hear something back about this. Either this is a new bug or a huge Nerf. I was about to put in some exploration work in V2 but need answers or a rank down ticket.
  • GrizzleGGrizzleG Posts: 17
    I've been playing with my R4 Cull in Motnthly EQ on epic and its true, his true strike is failing with 10 charges up.
    GrizzleG said:

I've been playing with my R4 Cull in Motnthly EQ on epic and its true, his true strike is failing with 10 charges up.

Show it then. It's worked everytime for me.
  • Just sitting here waiting to see if we have gotten word on a fix. @Kabam Miike
    I don't normally agree with Demonzfyre but on this one I have to. The true strike still works even after the other 9 buffs drop. The issue is the damage which is still a massive concern that I'm irritated that Kabam refuses to properly address.

• We're currently still looking into this issue. Once we have more information to share, we'll update everyone here.
  • Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    Yes please I need to figure out if I either need to rank 5 my cull or ask for a rank down ticket.
This discussion has been closed.