**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

July 4th deals, Uncollected vs Cavalier

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I don't think this is necessarily bad, but since I saw the difference between the cash offers for Cavalier and Uncollected, I decided not to spend my money (I was planning on buying the Black Panther's Treasure offer), less profit for Kabam off of me then.

I encourage anyone who is not Cavalier that does not like this to just not spend any cash, it's as simple as that. It's just a mobile game after all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    No. The goal post is the goal post.
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

You can’t value a product more or less just based off a progress gate, you’re telling me that someone in the top tier can get cheaper T5B and 6* just because they’ve finished an extra few fights? This is really disappointing. Who on earth makes these decisions??

An extra few Fights? If it was that easy, we'd all be Cavalier. It's not. Same can be said for people who are UC versus who aren't. The other side is always going to see it as unfair, but those are the perks that come with putting the work in to get past the Milestone.
    Do you not at all see it as unfair for individuals such as myself for a example who are so very close to being cavaliers (6.1.5) to be grouped up with those who have only just completed 5.2 and thus are receiving lesser rewards?
    When did they state that this was the goalposts moron? This has never been mentioned. I am at X bones now without a decent counter. Yet to spend a unit on 6.1 and are more then capable of burning some and pushing through him but thought I’d wait for a decent counter instead of burning units. Have grinded my way to 5k. Becoming cavalier is not hard, if you don’t have the roster it just requires you spend.
    Why should someone who has competed a few extra fights be given deals that are far better value then someone who has not?
    The Title is acquired at a certain point. That is the goal post. The OP asked if I thought it was fair to someone at 6.1.5. Yes. It is. That's the requirement for everyone. The moment you start making exceptions it's no longer a progress marker for everyone.
    I'm not sure why you're focusing on better value. It's literally done all the time. Some Offers are for different demographics. This isn't about "equal value". It's a yearly Sale that really doesn't reflect actual value at all. Some Offers are only available to people that meet the requirement.
    I hate to say it/don’t mean to be rude but I knew it was only a matter of time until you got here and went devils advocate against me haha. I like this debate (I mean all of this in as friendly of a way as possible)
    I'm not really being Devil's Advocate. I actually think it's fair. It's not fair to make exceptions for people close to it. As for the Offer, it's part of the game. Want better Rewards, you need to jump through hoops.
    By devils advocate I mean a sort of opposition to my arguement haha. But to back to your earlier point, kabam has always said that they don’t want to cause a discrepancy in roster power to an unfair extend, for example; if for $50 one person got a 5 star crystal, while for that same $50 someone else got a 6 star crystal due to a bug, kabam would see that as unfair and would fix it. This July 4th fiasco is effectively
    Doing the same thing, save for the fact that it isn’t a glitch. You’re giving one person more resources for the same amount of money someone is getting less resources for
    Yes. That's because they've earned it. You can call it arbitrary or insignificant, or even inconsequential, but I'd suggest you give up your Title perks. It's been a part of the game all the way back to the Level 40 requirement. Then when Uncollected came, that was the whole point. Access to what others don't have yet. We see it in the Unit Store everyday with the Daily Crystal Offer. It's a level of achievement that comes with certain benefits.
    If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    Honest answer. Would you be arguing against it if you were Cavalier? Lol.
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    They can offer any deal to any level of progression they choose. People are only entitled to the same if they've put the same effort into it. Meaning, they've earned the same Title. They're not just arbitrary points of Rewards. Kabam has decided those points are what warrant a step up. What concerns us is what's offered to us. Not what's offered to others.
    It’s completely different when you're paying with cash though.

I am fine either way, because I am cavalier, but for cash offers, it should be the same across the board.

Unit offers they can tier how they like.
    I don't see it as different at all. It's just the same as any other Sale or Offer that's only available for specific clientel. There are Rewards Programs, Loyalty Programs, Preferred Customer Incentives, all different kinds of things offered by companies. In this case, the Items are offered to people who have completed Cavalier. That's the condition of the Offer. It's not even a fair comparison because it's not our value. It's the Cavalier value.
    I’m not gonna go back and forth with you, because your just seriously stubborn, and the whole Kabam can do no wrong is quite sad, it’s like defending your gf when everyone else can see she isn’t all that.

We can both just have our opinions on the matter.

I would suggest you stop arguing with every person though, back in the day I thought it was because you were young, but it seems you aren’t matured enough to stop yet, 4 years in.

Never mind
    I'm not defending Kabam. The rest is just quasi-personal, and I'm not getting into it. This whole matter has become blown out of proportion and exaggerated. People have different Offers available to them based on where they're at. That's the bottom line. If they want to fold their arms and not buy anything because Joe Schmoe Cavalier has a better Offer, that's their choice. The Titles were introduced for this very purpose. To provide Rewards that are more specific to where Players are at. You want the same as others? Get to where they're at. That's about it in a nutshell.
    You can’t say your not getting into it, and then still reply and argue the point with me.

If we are paying £100 with cash, we should get the same, I’m pretty sure your not even Cavalier, so I’m surprised you aren’t annoyed. I am, and it’s even annoyed me.

A shop cannot give someone more for X amount of money, and then less to the next customer who wants the same thing for the same amount of money. You might get loyalty points or vouchers, but that isn’t cash, that’s like Units in this instance.

Plus it’s even worse with the RNG side and 5* above champs only for act 5, people may not be cavalier due to terrible RNG and luck.

You say “rewards” in your argument, these are not rewards, they are cash offers, which should be equal, and like I said, I got the same as the others, I didn’t get the rubbish deal, because I’m at a higher level, but I still think it’s pretty shady for it to be done.

Same reason Seatin thought the whole 5* above for act 5 was ridiculous, it clearly didn’t bother him for his account, but he still spoke up, which was right to do.

Would love to know @Seatin thoughts on this, I would like to think he would agree, with me.
    The topic I'll discuss, and have. The personal bit to your comments, not at all.
    They should not be equal. You have different levels of Players with different needs. Unless you think UC shouldn't get more than the first Tier. Then we can round them all off to the lowest Offer.
    Cash Offers has nothing to do with it. Grandmaster has been around a long time, and people ignore that with this subject. Let's be real here. People are mad Cavalier is getting more. That is called incentive. Sorry, but Cash Offers does not mean everyone is entitled to the same thing.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    As i have said before and u ignored. Granmaster crystals have been around and was a perk when the title on uncollected came out. Its always been listed as a perk for becoming Uncollected. Nowhere has kabam stated that Cavalier status will grant u access to better cash based offers.
    Neotwism said:

As i have said before and u ignored. Granmaster crystals have been around and was a perk when the title on uncollected came out. Its always been listed as a perk for becoming Uncollected. Nowhere has kabam stated that Cavalier status will grant u access to better cash based offers.

We already know this. They've made Offers availabe for Cavaler Players already. If we know they do it for Uncollected.....
    In any event, they didn't announce any of the 4th of July Rewards ahead of time. That's because they don't. For that matter, what does announcing it have to do with anything?
    It's smart programming. If you're giving Top Tier Resources to every demographic, there's no balance at all, and no motivation to advance.
    Drooped2 said:

It's smart programming. If you're giving Top Tier Resources to every demographic, there's no balance at all, and no motivation to advance.

This game is #pay2win and #cashgrab
    What do you mean I cant just buy my way to the top right away that's unfair. Take my money..

These peoples arguements totally counter themselves
    I'm afraid that's the irony. The argument is because it's money, that should allow the same Offer. However, there's a subversive implication that Cavaliers are preferred because they spend/spent to get there. Neither are true. It's about game balancing and giving Offers that are more suited to where someone is at. If it was about money, they would make it accessible for anyone. Something that would be very dangerous for the internal Resource balance.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

KingKiah said:

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

If it was a small difference between the offers, I would be fine but the difference is too huge for these titles to justify the difference
    I am Cavalier and tbh the deals suited my progression point really well. As far as I am concerned, the Cav deals were very good.

I don't agree with the tiered deals for cash even though I benefitted from my Cavalier status. Unit deals, fine, but this was a Step too far.

I see some people commenting that they'd be OK with if the difference wasn't so big. I say NOOOOOO it's not about how big the difference is, but the fact that there's a difference at al. Real money should get you the same as any other player spending the same amount.

So make this right KABAM and send the non-cavaliers who bought any deal the difference with the Cavalier deals.
    How are unit deals any different than the money ones? So honestly, a level 10 player should be able to get resources a level 60 Cavalier player can get?

Do you also think level 20 players should be able to have access to act 5 and 6 plus UC content or Variant difficulty?

No, I don't think they should.
    Why shouldnt they?
    If they want to pay and can get a buff early what's the issue?
    We've always had to earn our way as summoners. Yes you can progress faster by spending and that's fine, doesnt mean every deal has to apply to everyone the same. You can end up skewing the lower level economy by getting them access to higher rarity star levels, especially when it comes to war defenders. Those resources just arent needed at that level.

I will say I'm surprised they split UC and Cav. But I can also understand they are helping the cavalier players get through act 6 with these deals.
    I understand the point that the Cavalier goodies may not be good for lower level players. But I feel that same money = same or similar value product.

If they don't want to offer the same rewards to lower progression points, they should at least attempt to stack money purchases with goodies on their level that add up to a roughly similar value as the Cav goodies. Or give a discount on the offers.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I like how instead of the Kabam mods answering our questions, they are sitting it out and letting the Kabam knights try to clarify everything lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★

I like how instead of the Kabam mods answering our questions, they are sitting it out and letting the Kabam knights try to clarify everything lol

They answered early on. Plus, they don't have to have a reason. It's their game and they make the rules. These were progression based offers. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    JRock808 said:

Giving people more for the same money based on progression is inarguably terrible economic policy

There are a few businesses who would argue with you. Airlines for one. Credit card companies for another. Rental car companies, retail, the restaurant industry, quite a few off the top of my head actually have reward programs in which the more you spend and/or the longer you've been a customer, the more deals you get which offer better value for your money.

There's no clarification necessary here, because I don't think anyone is actually confused about what happened. The cash offers were tied to in-game progression. That seems pretty straight forward. I don't see anyone actually asking for clarification, people want to engage the mods in an argument. Which is something the mods are explicitly not allowed to do.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Felganos said:

I completely agree and I'm cavalier. Money deals should be the same across the board. Kabam messed up wit this one.

Kabam does still have time to fix this, the question is if they will be willing to admit to their mistake (which would actually make them more money), or if they will stand by their decision, angering the community to a huge extent
    The reasoning behind this split is to offer more Level appropriate Deals and Offers to Summoners. We mentioned that this kind of stuff would be happening when we introduced these Tiers.

They are designed to allow us to make different Rewards available in different Content for players Progression levels.
    I get what your saying but in reality I think it
    Drooped2 said:

KingKiah said:

Marri_2 said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

Felganos said:

How are unit deals any different than the money ones? So honestly, a level 10 player should be able to get resources a level 60 Cavalier player can get?

Do you also think level 20 players should be able to have access to act 5 and 6 plus UC content or Variant difficulty?

No, I don't think they should.
    Why shouldnt they?
    If they want to pay and can get a buff early what's the issue?
    It would destroy the balance of the beginner tiers of war aq arena.

Sorry but no in no way should a non uncollected player have access to a 6 star like that
    To be honest if a lower player spends 300 quid like that chances are they will be getting to endgame pretty soon
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    KingKiah said:

Felganos said:

I completely agree and I'm cavalier. Money deals should be the same across the board. Kabam messed up wit this one.

Kabam does still have time to fix this, the question is if they will be willing to admit to their mistake (which would actually make them more money), or if they will stand by their decision, angering the community to a huge extent
    The reasoning behind this split is to offer more Level appropriate Deals and Offers to Summoners. We mentioned that this kind of stuff would be happening when we introduced these Tiers.

They are designed to allow us to make different Rewards available in different Content for players Progression levels.
    I was likley going to spend 200 on my second account to get two Odin's
    But the gates is preventing me
    I get the gift being different since its thrown in
    But my main doesn't need any of the resources from the offers

The gates is cutting into your profits from me
    I’m only uncollected, bought all the unit offers for cash and offers for units, would have bought more if I had access to the Cavalier offers too. I bet a bunch of people would have bought both cav and unc offers.

Some actually did get both by getting all the unc offers, then making it to to cav and just restart the app before the 24 hr sale ended.

KingKiah said:

Felganos said:

I’m only uncollected, bought all the unit offers for cash and offers for units, would have bought more if I had access to the Cavalier offers too. I bet a bunch of people would have bought both cav and unc offers.

Some actually did get both by getting all the unc offers, then making it to to cav and just restart the app before the 24 hr sale ended.
    OMG! So I missed the boat and the 2nd boat that left the dock yesterday. (Funny, I actually started act 6, then I stopped after 6.1.5, I came to my sensesThat’s even worse if it is true...

Funny, I actually started act 6 on my lower account because I was all bent out of shape. Then I stopped after 6.1.5 when I came to my senses. Cause you know I’m going to buy that 12k unit R5 deal. I mean let’s not be coy here, if I’m blowing $600 on all the deals, that $400 R5 deal is just another drop in the bucket of stupidity.

So if this is true, after I blew the initial $600.
    Bought all the uncollected deals...
    Then completed 6.1 and bought the $400 deal...
    Restarted the app....
    Then had to buy approximately $500 more to buy the uncollected deal....
    I would have had a $1500 MCOC day.....

How about this! Give the Uncollected deal to all the cavaliers....
    And give us uncollected a week to become cavaliered and make it available to us.
    Everyone is happy.
    It’s fair-ish (Beause if you were close to completing 6.1 (but putting it off to get units for the deal at the end of 6.1) but you knew this was going to be the way of this deal, you probably would have finished, like me)

I’m just trying to make Kabam more money.
    It a win win! (Except for our wallets)

@Kabam Miike
    You've had since January to become Cavalier. Shoulda, coulda, woulda and now times up.

Close this thread already.
    edited July 2019
    The problem that people aren't seeing is that there is such a varied range of Players now that it's virtually impossible to provide an Offer that's suited to everyone in a balanced way. Too little, and it's of no use to the top. Too much and it's detrimental to the bottom. There are reasons they've incremented progress. One size no longer fits all.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★
    Personally, I like that they did tiered offers because there's no way they would have make the deals that good if they were open to everyone. My issue is that they didn't let people know about it and properly plan for it. They had a banner on the homepage for a week talking about deals. The tiered rewards info should have been there for everyone to see and decide if they wanted to push.

What has people so upset is they they either feel duped into buying the lower offers or left out because thy didn't push through 6.1. They like to say how much better they are at communication, but they really dropped the ball here.

Personally, I like that they did tiered offers because there's no way they would have make the deals that good if they were open to everyone. My issue is that they didn't let people know about it and properly plan for it. They had a banner on the homepage for a week talking about deals. The tiered rewards info should have been there for everyone to see and decide if they wanted to push.

What has people so upset is they they either feel duped into buying the lower offers or left out because thy didn't push through 6.1. They like to say how much better they are at communication, but they really dropped the ball here.

Calling it a failure of communication presumes they had a duty or obligation to tell everyone how the sales would be structured well in advance and simply didn't do so. But that's not true. First of all, there's no amount of advance warning that would eliminate complaints. If they had told people a week before, then all the people who needed two weeks would be complaining. Second, this presumption that failing to tell people in advance is a form of deception doesn't seem to apply to any other sales environment. Amazon could tell people a week or a month in advance before putting things on sale, but they don't tell people very far in advance what the details of a sale are, they do so at best just before a sale happens if at all. There are a lot of good reasons for not giving out all the details of a sale prior to holding a sale.

But what if you didn't give out all the details, and just dropped the hint that the offers would be tiered? Then what about all the people who pushed to get Cavalier, and then discovered that they preferred the Uncollected offers? They'd still be complaining they were duped into pushing for Cavalier only to get less appealing offers. And worse, they'd be demanding refunds for all the resources they spent to complete 6.1, which they were "cheated" out of.

Becoming Uncollected or Cavalier or any other status comes with benefits for achieving that progress level. Some of them are known. Some of them will be surprises down the road. There's no rule that says you can't offer surprise benefits to players of a game that has prerequisites. And honestly players that feel they are entitled to perfect information about the future of an online game probably shouldn't be playing online games. Not only will they be constantly disappointed, they are advocating a position that takes something away from everyone else playing those games that don't share that position.

No one is a bigger advocate for informed gameplay than I am, not just in this game but in any game anywhere. In general, I believe players should be given the information they need to make informed choices. But you can't advocate taking literally all surprise out of a game. You can't say I demand to know everything the game developers are going to do, what they are going to create, and what they are going to offer so I can plan accordingly. That's stifling to an unreasonable degree.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★
    Ugh, way too many words to read.

They are not obligated to give people information, but it sure does help. The push back would have been much less had they given everyone a heads up. Arguing against that is just silly.

They are not obligated to give people information, but it sure does help. The push back would have been much less had they given everyone a heads up. Arguing against that is just silly.

Its silly you you think it would reduce the push back.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

KingKiah said:

Felganos said:

OMG! So I missed the boat and the 2nd boat that left the dock yesterday. (Funny, I actually started act 6, then I stopped after 6.1.5, I came to my sensesThat’s even worse if it is true...

Funny, I actually started act 6 on my lower account because I was all bent out of shape. Then I stopped after 6.1.5 when I came to my senses. Cause you know I’m going to buy that 12k unit R5 deal. I mean let’s not be coy here, if I’m blowing $600 on all the deals, that $400 R5 deal is just another drop in the bucket of stupidity.

So if this is true, after I blew the initial $600.
    Bought all the uncollected deals...
    Then completed 6.1 and bought the $400 deal...
    Restarted the app....
    Then had to buy approximately $500 more to buy the uncollected deal....
    I would have had a $1500 MCOC day.....

How about this! Give the Uncollected deal to all the cavaliers....
    And give us uncollected a week to become cavaliered and make it available to us.
    Everyone is happy.
    It’s fair-ish (Beause if you were close to completing 6.1 (but putting it off to get units for the deal at the end of 6.1) but you knew this was going to be the way of this deal, you probably would have finished, like me)

I’m just trying to make Kabam more money.
    It a win win! (Except for our wallets)

@Kabam Miike
    what a LOOPHOLE

i heard about this and players who wasnt cavalier get to have both offers,

Kabam should of let both players have choice to get cavalier and non cavalier deals.

thats crazy something like this happen,

when your initial plan was to CUT off those who werent cavalier, then on the same day basically told people today is the day to become cavalier if u wanted those cavalier deals.

but nonetheless this is a good deal for those who got both cavalier and non cavalier offers,

it also sucks for those who couldn't become cavalier and missed out on cavalier deals.
    It also sucks for those who are cavalier and would of bought the non cavalier dealss.

why not make it the best of both worlds?
    i just wish kabam would of let "everyone" have access to both deals to make it fair.

more money for them, and less angrier players,

Every week is something negative or something goes wrong and its posted here on the forums, S M H

Ugh, too few words to make any kind of case beyond "because silly." Can't take seriously.

Are we really at a place where 424 words is too long to read, in an internet forum where the written word is the primary means of expression? I'm wondering if I should be sad for literacy, or glad that the next president of the United States is going to be Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.