**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are the unit deals different for different players?

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
Why is it the more advanced players get better 1000 unit deals than lesser players paying the same amount?

Comments

• crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

It’s Based on the stage of the game you’re at when you activate the deal or when you refresh the app, not 100% sure on the last part.
    So that means that people that did act 6.1 will have access to greater resources simply because they are at the stage of the game where a 4* rank up gem means nothing. It also doesn’t make sense to give people doing act 3 or 4 some of the rewards available to higher level players. It also seems like a marketing thing telling you, ‘hey get to this level since you get more bang for your buck’

That's a bullocks answer considering they are both 1000 units. Value needs to be consistent in this game.

If a somewhat universal offer is being made, it needs to be equal or priced accordingly for the lesser offer.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    It has been this way for a while. Cavalier players have access to better crystals. It’s a perk that they deserve. BTW I am UC not cavalier.
    xNig said:

The same reason why to some players, T4CC is worthless but to some, they’re a limited resource.

Don't see how that has anything to do with it. An offer is an offer. You're either interested in it or you're not. And to some, even if t4c is worth something, it doesn't mean they're spending their units on it. They might be interested more in future offers. Like I'd rather keep holding on to them for another 5* vision offer and just get more in other ways.

And again, both offers are 1000 units. Pretty clear one has value and the other is lacking.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    crogs said:

It’s Based on the stage of the game you’re at when you activate the deal or when you refresh the app, not 100% sure on the last part.
    So that means that people that did act 6.1 will have access to greater resources simply because they are at the stage of the game where a 4* rank up gem means nothing. It also doesn’t make sense to give people doing act 3 or 4 some of the rewards available to higher level players. It also seems like a marketing thing telling you, ‘hey get to this level since you get more bang for your buck’

That's a bullocks answer considering they are both 1000 units. Value needs to be consistent in this game.

If a somewhat universal offer is being made, it needs to be equal or priced accordingly for the lesser offer.
    Try to think of it like a loyalty program. The longer you play the better the rewards you’ll be eligible for. It is also clearly a road block tool to prevent new comers from buying there way to the end of the game in the first week. Ultimately it promotes the games longevity. Not saying I agree or disagree with it but this is how I look at it.
    belli300 said:

crogs said:

Try to think of it like a loyalty program. The longer you play the better the rewards you’ll be eligible for. It is also clearly a road block tool to prevent new comers from buying there way to the end of the game in the first week. Ultimately it promotes the games longevity. Not saying I agree or disagree with it but this is how I look at it.
    Now that a an even different argument. Time of service. Progression. Which is it? And in a game that's 4yrs old and both accounts are fairly close in time of service.

And I care more about whether you disagree or agree. Don't really care about people's explanations because it doesn't explain the disparity between two similar priced offers.

People talk about progression, time of service. The bottom line is the lesser account that's in more need of resources gets gouged on an offer by paying the same amount and getting much less in return.

Is it possible for someone to be this dull and have difficulty understanding something basic or do you have to actively try?
    So you’re saying a player who joins the game should have access to this:

Sorry. Think your knife might be a bit less sharp here. We're not talking brand new accounts. My reference is two 3+ yr accounts. Only difference is one is uncollected and one is not. Resource wise, both are in the same boat. Knowing I can spend 1000 unit to get X, why would I spend those same units to get anything less? Because of some stupid algorithm that thinks I deserve less? That's just dumb.

And on your actual point. If that's what $50 buys a cavalier, then the $50 offer for a lesser account shouldn't be $50 due to the big drop in quality of extras. It should be the $30 offer.

Once upon a time offers were the same when they were universal. There was decent parity for value. Of course they had more targeted offers to entice one to spend. But with the intro of these milestone titles, now value and parity is meaningless.

The $50 offer for a non uncollected acct that's over 500k, lvl 60 blah blah blah only gets 3k 5* shards a 4* awakening gem which is useless, 2 T4c, and one t4b. That's not much in comparison to the $50 offer above for t2a, 6* shards, t5b shards. The account has plenty of duped 4's, a few r4 5's. If it gets to uncollected and beyond, there is zero point of wasting units or money on 4* items. Kabam decided that. So TOS and level are meaningless. It's all about what your quest endpoint is. Sorry/not sorry. Don't see how that single point should determine a paid offer that has a variable value of items.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    belli300 said:

crogs said:

You can start this game and in a few months be cavalier if you pay for the champs/rank ups.

Loyalty is not being rewarded universally. Otherwise it would be tiered like the anniversary titles.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    One of my accounts is cavalier and my other is not -- not even touched act 5

I personally think the gates are dumb and personally hindered me from getting the deals since I wanted the cavalier offer on my small account.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    crogs said:

Is it possible for someone to be this dull and have difficulty understanding something basic or do you have to actively try?
    So you’re saying a player who joins the game should have access to this:

Sorry. Think your knife might be a bit less sharp here. We're not talking brand new accounts. My reference is two 3+ yr accounts. Only difference is one is uncollected and one is not. Resource wise, both are in the same boat. Knowing I can spend 1000 unit to get X, why would I spend those same units to get anything less? Because of some stupid algorithm that thinks I deserve less? That's just dumb.

And on your actual point. If that's what $50 buys a cavalier, then the $50 offer for a lesser account shouldn't be $50 due to the big drop in quality of extras. It should be the $30 offer.

Once upon a time offers were the same when they were universal. There was decent parity for value. Of course they had more targeted offers to entice one to spend. But with the intro of these milestone titles, now value and parity is meaningless.

The $50 offer for a non uncollected acct that's over 500k, lvl 60 blah blah blah only gets 3k 5* shards a 4* awakening gem which is useless, 2 T4c, and one t4b. That's not much in comparison to the $50 offer above for t2a, 6* shards, t5b shards. The account has plenty of duped 4's, a few r4 5's. If it gets to uncollected and beyond, there is zero point of wasting units or money on 4* items. Kabam decided that. So TOS and level are meaningless. It's all about what your quest endpoint is. Sorry/not sorry. Don't see how that single point should determine a paid offer that has a variable value of items.
    I don't understand how accounts that are older and been regularly play are not uncollected. You want access to those deals play the game.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    I get giving better deals to more advanced players yes I agree with that but my question is why do the worse deals for non advanced players cost the same? Makes no sense at all obviously the Uncollected deals has more value to it than the regular and the caviler have the most value so why is the price for all 3 the same?
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Kabam doesnt want players to progress too fast or else they get bored and quit. That would result in a massive loss in profit.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    crogs said:

Why is it the more advanced players get better 1000 unit deals than lesser players paying the same amount?

For the same reason EU players paying 25% more REAL money (not in game currency) than US for unit packs and despite that, kabam don’t even bother to send them the difference as a compensation to balance it. The reason is that the company doesn’t bother to keep the contest fair they are only repeating claim to be cause they don’t do it.
    You are absolutely right. The first offer should be cheaper.
    I personally had access to the second one but that don’t stop me to point out what’s fair.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

crogs said:

For the same reason EU players paying 25% more REAL money (not in game currency) than US for unit packs and despite that, kabam don’t even bother to send them the difference as a compensation to balance it. The reason is that the company doesn’t bother to keep the contest fair they are only repeating claim to be cause they don’t do it.
    You are absolutely right. The first offer should be cheaper.
    I personally had access to the second one but that don’t stop me to point out what’s fair.
    Looking forward to when Chevron compensates me b/c gas is cheaper in Texas then in Cali
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Because Kabam
  • Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    What would be just more rank up resources to me could be game changing for others. I am not sure why this is a big deal you want the juicy stuff you need to beat the hard content.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    I won't argue if it's just or not cuz I don't know and it's not important, but it clearly doesn't look good that some players are offered worse deals for same price and it was so predictable that basically obvious that when Kabam decides to go with that way, then some people will feel disadvantaged and unhappy. It really doesn't take all that much imagination to predict obvious stuff like that, so maybe, just maybe for the future it's worth avoiding that, or does Kabam actually want to have so many people unhappy and complaining on forums all the time? Simply out of touch like usual
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    JRock808 said:

belli300 said:

crogs said:

You can start this game and in a few months be cavalier if you pay for the champs/rank ups.

Loyalty is not being rewarded universally. Otherwise it would be tiered like the anniversary titles.
    But the offers aren't rewarding customer loyalty, they are incentivizing in-game progression. People are only mentioning loyalty programs to counter the argument that all cash offers must offer the same value to everyone and this is a universal business principle that everyone agrees with. Not only is this not something most businesses agree with, the popularity of customer loyalty reward programs is proof most consumers don't believe in the principle in practice either.

I won't argue if it's just or not cuz I don't know and it's not important, but it clearly doesn't look good that some players are offered worse deals for same price and it was so predictable that basically obvious that when Kabam decides to go with that way, then some people will feel disadvantaged and unhappy. It really doesn't take all that much imagination to predict obvious stuff like that, so maybe, just maybe for the future it's worth avoiding that, or does Kabam actually want to have so many people unhappy and complaining on forums all the time? Simply out of touch like usual

Anyone claiming to be "in-touch" with online gaming would know there is no such thing as a happy online gaming forum. This situation itself is a canonical example. Some people complain that rewards and offers are identical for everyone when this doesn't make sense. It happens all the time when people complain about cash offers being "worthless for most players." But when they are different, completely different people complain about the in-game rewards or cash offers being completely unfair because their definition of "fairness" is apparently everyone gets the same thing every time. The logical extreme is the notion that all cash offers are intrinsically unfair to players who don't spend.

There is no such thing as a way to operate the game "fairly" in which you will not get a lot of complaints, because there's no consensus on what's fair. It only seems like it because you always hear more people complaining about a situation than supporting it. Because it is dangerous and probably foolish to support any in-game situation, even fewer players do that than the extremely tiny percentage that complain on the forums.
    With all this back and forth. Last I checked, the cost of 5* vision was the same for everyone, no? And anyone could buy him, newb or vet for that same price. Why weren't uncollected or cavalier allowed to get him cheaper than just conquerors and what not?
    Greekhit said:

The reason is because Apple would consider this a violation of their in-app purchase system. Also, although EU players pay more, Kabam doesn't receive that. Kabam doesn't even receive 70% of that because the 70/30 split is calculated based on the US pricing for that tier. Depending on where you are in the EU, based on the latest chart I have on a $9.99 item that costs 11.99 euros Kabam could be getting anywhere from 6.20 to 6.58 euros. That's $6.97 to $7.40 at today's exchange rate.

If you want the items adjusted to reflect what Kabam is actually making on them, you'd have to be getting less, not more.