**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Voodoo

Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
Recently I pulled a 5* Voodoo (thanks for the shards Kabam), and it’s a first time pull. I’m wondering if the general community views him worthy of a generic gem. I don’t have a 5* mystic gem. I do also have a mystic rank 3-4 gem that I would use on him (were I to awaken him). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Doctor Voodoo 71 votes

He’s worth a generic
50%
DrZolaarni2Darkstar4387TheManMythLegendSIlverProfessorNanoDroidMurderous_munchiesTerraNojokejaymGluteusMaximusSpiderCoolsOmegaMankikiFurieuxPanchulon21CupidPeterQuillshadow_lurker22AhteshamdoctorbColinwhitworth69 36 votes
Not worth a generic
23%
digital-SOBJadedJones979KingKiahRepto23Prathapzeezee57Mitchell35TankRichardsonScrubkiller_1ArsozJustAnotherDudeBenQcSlayerCtfz35AshKetchumTBOSSThoye3 17 votes
You should consider it, wait a while.
25%
Lvernon15Killgore19Hammerbro_64ErkPizzabeatLordScatsburyReferenceiRetr0solmyrairX_Factor_AgentRaveNNZuroSquishyjrThe_4THHedronBryliantu93Thicco_ModeEarthEliteMeshu43 18 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    Hes worth it. I have a 4/55 Voodoo awakened and the awakened abillity does wonders for him. Gonna make him my first 5/65. I'd say go for it.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    He’s worth a generic
    Voodoo is one of the best champions in the game, but he must be awakened and require a strategy. With odd combo you can reduce champions abilities by 50%. Increase the debuffs (Double time parry for example), on even combo he has 100% chance to convert buffs to insane poison, easy poison debuff reduces regen by 30%. With 3 loas sp2 will apply power burn, this will allow you to manage opponents power.
    The only issue with voodoo is his shot dashback that you need to get used to (kabam will never fix it, I opened too many tickets that were ignored).
    You can see more videos and guides here:
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would wait for one more 5* Crystal just in case. But DV is definitely worth it
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    He was my first 5/65 champion and was a game changer making monthly UC much easier. I personally think he is worth it.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    You should wait until your 2nd pull, you might get an even better champ that needs dupe (like proxima). If you can't be bothered he's a great champ and definitely worthy of it.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Not worth a generic
    Too many better mystic champs to use it on, he already has regen and the sig doesn’t do much more until it’s really high.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

I would wait for one more 5* Crystal just in case. But DV is definitely worth it

Haha yess, that’s always been my superstition!

It’s most painful when you awaken a champ then get them from a crystal immediately afterward
    That’s what I’m scared of lol. Guess the only solution is to only open featured crystals when he’s not in them XD
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    He’s worth a generic

It’s most painful when you awaken a champ then get them from a crystal immediately afterward
    That’s what I’m scared of lol. Guess the only solution is to only open featured crystals when he’s not in them XD
    The chances of a dupe are small.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

Say that to my Sig 40 Civil Warrior.

I would say Voodoo is worth a Mystic AG, Generic, there are better options such as Aegon, Void, Omega
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

Too many better mystic champs to use it on, he already has regen and the sig doesn’t do much more until it’s really high.

Name 1 better MYSTIC to use it on. Ill wait
    @BadWolf202
    ^^^^
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    I would put him as the best mystic in the game. Sym supreme is nasty but his power control ability when YOU NEED it puts him above him.

I used a generic on mine and haven’t regretted it since (I also haven’t duped him since then he’s sig 200 lol). Voodoo was my 5th 5/65 should have done it sooner but it was tough.

Great war champ
    Great questing champ
    Great AQ champ

I’d put him above everything mystic in the game because of his all around play. Even though yes there aren’t some amazing mystic champs (magik, sym, witch).
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    As some stated above maybe wait a little bit for a better option and if you don't get anything then he's totally worth it
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s not a bad option but he’s by no means the best option either, overall he’s losing value as the game progresses due to the prevalence of champs like sym supreme who are just better, I’d hold for a bit, and if you feel like you need him then go for it
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    He’s worth a generic
    Lvernon15 said:

He’s not a bad option but he’s by no means the best option either, overall he’s losing value as the game progresses due to the prevalence of champs like sym supreme who are just better, I’d hold for a bit, and if you feel like you need him then go for it

Sys is not better than voodoo, if you play voodoo right you can clear any champ.feel free to watch my war videos.
    Previous season I was taking path 6/7 (buffet) with voodoo, bosses like korg and many more.
    Sym supreme have different usages when his most valuable ability is stagger which helps on champions like hyp and champion.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    He’s worth a generic

Name 1 better MYSTIC to use it on. Ill wait
    @BadWolf202
    The only possible arguments would be in favor or GR and Magik, and Voodoo benefits so much more than either of them from awakening. He remains one of the best champs in game in my opinion when awakened and virtually all of his utility is in the player’s hands, not subject to the whims of this game’s fickle pRNG engine.

Dr. Zola
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Not worth a generic
    Not worth a generic. Class gem sure, but not a rare generic awakening gem.

You could easily go on in the game and pull 5/6 mystic awakening gems. Or go to pull dv 5 times in the next 6 months.

I’d use a generic on a champ that will be this meta content clearing machine. Not on a older champ that is gimped a lot with the new act 6 stuff.

And yes I have dv sig 100 5* r4. He’ll probably never see rank 5.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    Not worth a generic
    I have him 5/65 sig 200
    Hes great but not a generic great
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    He’s worth but I’d wait for better pull.

If you have mystic gem, go for it. If general, there are better champs in the game.

Say that to my Sig 40 Civil Warrior.

I would say Voodoo is worth a Mystic AG, Generic, there are better options such as Aegon, Void, Omega
    That’s another thing, I don’t need to worry about Void/Omega since I have a science and mutant gem. Also don’t really have plans to use Ægon even if I pulled him as a 5*.
    Thanks for the great input everyone! I’ll definitely wait till my next 5* crystal just in case. Then I’m feeling pretty confident in using the gem on him. Till then, I’ll be playing around with my 3* to really get the feel of him lol.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    Against the right enemy, he can do huge damage with sp1. I also like how he recovers health at beginning of each fight.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    Let's see.
    Regen at start (have tested, can get from 50 to 80-85% if undisturbed)
    Power control via even combo (on firing specials at 2-4-6-8 ect) His powerburn with 3 Loa shuts most powergainers down.
    Eats (non passive) buff heavy enemies for days (Venom comes to mind)
    Poison damage (Easily set on enemy unless immune)
    Power drain (uneven combo 1-3-5-7 ect)
    The above effect turns into powergain for Voodoo when the effect ends.

TLDR: He may be old and has a short dashback distance but he still holds up to today's meta. Definitely worth a generic. Sig aren't really needed but helps
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    He’s worth a generic
    He's worth it especially if you have some sig stones around, his dupe makes him a monster especially against non posion immune buff heavy champs and his power control and burn can wreck eneimes.

He's served me well.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Not worth a generic
    5* Generic AW is a Rare Ressource. I would keep it.

But if Doc Voodoo is your go to champ, for clearing a lot of content. Do what feels best for your roster.