**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nightcrawler in AW

Fighting Nightcrawler in war is becoming extremely frustrating. It has taken the enjoyment out of this feature in the game. His evade is turned up way too high. I feel helpless because I can't land a hit, then when he evades he hits you instantaneously and it's unavoidable. This character needs to be looked at and tweaked.

Comments

• DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    The best way to fight him atm is hit him in the duration of the parry. Thats why parry and stupefy are important masteries that should be maxed.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    The best way to fight him atm is hit him in the duration of the parry. Thats why parry and stupefy are important masteries that should be maxed.

In AW, most Nightcrawlers and Spidermen are on Stun immune nodes man
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    DLegend wrote: »

In AW, most Nightcrawlers and Spidermen are on Stun immune nodes man

I was talking about it as if NC was on a node without stun immune.
  • Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    The only big problem is that sometimes after evading he instantly attack you and you can't do nothing. Which is a problem regarding all evade heroes.

His evasion chances are high, but are less than halved against non-physical attacks and you can turn them off pushing him to switch mode, or with Ability accuracy reduction / Iceman / TrueStrike champs.

Spiderman has less base evasion but it's the same for every attack and can't be turned off without the said champs.

Kabam needs to fix the evasion bug, not rework NC.

It is frustrating, yes but it adds to the challenge. An observation that may prove helpful is to do a 3 light hit combo so as to have borderline adequate time to block. Also DO try to get him to switch to his swashbuckling node.

I agree with OP that nightcrawler is a tough champ to take on. Not impossible and definitely quite damaging when placed on stun immune node but possible to beat. Given AW is a team oriented match perhaps try to coordinate better and get a team mate back you up. To this, I wish the OP luck in the future when taking on NCs.

As far as I'm concerned Fel_95 highlighted the only thing that the devs should fix. On that note its bollocks that black widows stun occur mid attack. It defeats the purpose of stunning you opponent (they cant move if you land a successful SP hit). That too should be looked at.
  • Spider Man is incredibly predictable, his sp1 is the only thing that should occasionally get you.

NC however not only has the better evasion, but a successful evade gives him critical enhancement buffs, or stackable evasion buffs. Assuming he has dexterity already he's most definitely op. No one comes close. Magik and Spidey are fair game, but this guy set on a boss node has consistently killed more than any other AW defender I've ever seen. Easily 20+ kills alone.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Iceman
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    I might be newb talking here, but I hate fighting Rogue, Mordo and Hyperion more than Spiderman and Nightcrawler.

But I do agree that NC needs a tweaking. His evade can be crazy.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    NC was made to made non skill peeps use revives. I agree his evade is insane.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    NC is fine the way he is, lets not make them nerf every good champ okay? there is a way to beat him and it needs practice, **** happens sometimes, but at this stage i can beat any NC 99/100 times it feels like, there is also champs who dempens his evade. there are much worse defenders to face then him

Need tips for Nightcrawler, Mordo and Hyperion. I just can't bait Hyperion.
  • InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    Nightcrawler is so easy to fight now that he doesn't even make my AW defense team at 5/50 sig 99. Like other people said, switching his mode should be #1 priority. My tip for dodging his specials is just listening to the sounds and get muscle memory of the timing. Should be able to do it with your eyes closed. This goes for dodging most specials lol
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    You think NC is bad how bout Magik limbo being amped up that its impossible to fight her
  • Agent_007Agent_007 Posts: 26
    I appreciate all the advice on how to fight NC. There's a lot of good feedback here. I still think he needs to be tweaked. But I will practice what everyone suggested and see if I still feel the same afterwards.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Don't touch NC. He's an effective counter to button mashers and for those who are really good at the game, fighting NC is challenging but not particularly hard. Leave the blue guy alone.
  • Oldy_16Oldy_16 Posts: 20
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    I appreciate all the advice on how to fight NC. There's a lot of good feedback here. I still think he needs to be tweaked. But I will practice what everyone suggested and see if I still feel the same afterwards.

based on what? Every champ some feel is difficult cant be nerfed, then there suddenly wouldnt be a challenge at all

I agree that a fix is needed for evasion champions.

NC on the stun immune / immunity to debuff nodes is all luck fighting against him. I know on the bugs forum they have stated that they are working on a fix for all champs that have evasion built into their kits because they are able to evade and attack in the same motion leaving us no time to evade or block their incoming attacks.

I say that NC is luck on the stun immune and immunity nodes because if you start attacking him after he dashes backwards and holds his block to change stances there is a good chance he will evade during the timer then hit you instantly. One day I will fight a NC on the war boss node and kill him only using 2 of my champs. The next day it takes all 3 of my champs and everyone else in my BG because the AI decides to evade 100% of the time. NC does such high damage with his critical rate and his deep wounds he can kill a champion within 2-5 hits.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Oldy_16 wrote: »
    Agent_007 wrote: »

based on what? Every champ some feel is difficult cant be nerfed, then there suddenly wouldnt be a challenge at all

I agree that a fix is needed for evasion champions.

NC on the stun immune / immunity to debuff nodes is all luck fighting against him. I know on the bugs forum they have stated that they are working on a fix for all champs that have evasion built into their kits because they are able to evade and attack in the same motion leaving us no time to evade or block their incoming attacks.

I say that NC is luck on the stun immune and immunity nodes because if you start attacking him after he dashes backwards and holds his block to change stances there is a good chance he will evade during the timer then hit you instantly. One day I will fight a NC on the war boss node and kill him only using 2 of my champs. The next day it takes all 3 of my champs and everyone else in my BG because the AI decides to evade 100% of the time. NC does such high damage with his critical rate and his deep wounds he can kill a champion within 2-5 hits.

This times 100. Soloed a boss 2 wars ago with witch.

This past war I got smoked on the left miniboss node. Could not get him to switch stances at all.

And for all the nc is easy people...left miniboss path is flooded with nc in t2/3. All I do is fight 2 stunn immune nc every war and it's all up to chance.

• Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Another noteworthy observation is that an awakened NC is somewhat easier to beat.

Why? You may wonder.

It's because he changes mode faster and I'm not sure if that's intended or not. Just be sure to time your dodges well. Dash back and block when necessary.

Personally I think he is a tricky match-up but not unbeatable. I disagree that he needs tweaking. Making the game too easy can be detrimental in the long run.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    NC evasion must be modified!
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    There's a trick to him: don't be aggresive early on. Just try to evade and parry. Eventually after a number of attacks what will happen is that you will see him dash back and start to block. At this point you also have to be patient until you see the mode switch timer AND until the timer is about a quarter in. After that you dash in, do the MLLLM combo and at that point he is in swashbuckling mode becauae the timer completed. Problem solved, ez pz lemon squeezy. Never lost an NC fight since I figured this out. Hope it helps.
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    SlySly wrote: »
    There's a trick to him: don't be aggresive early on. Just try to evade and parry. Eventually after a number of attacks what will happen is that you will see him dash back and start to block. At this point you also have to be patient until you see the mode switch timer AND until the timer is about a quarter in. After that you dash in, do the MLLLM combo and at that point he is in swashbuckling mode becauae the timer completed. Problem solved, ez pz lemon squeezy. Never lost an NC fight since I figured this out. Hope it helps.

he is easy WHEN this happens, maybe you haven't fought him enough that he can evade WHILE you are doing your combo when he is holding block to switch stances. Most good players in tier1/2 do this everyday - we cannot control those 4-5 hits WHILE he is changing stances. We have solo'd tier2 NC bosses that pure luck made him NOT evade while he is stance swapping and we have gotten destroyed when he DOES evade in the middle of a stance swap.

I run tier2 left path full time so this is all I do. It is not skill or predictable. When he evades while your combo is stance swapping him you die. Period. Tier1 I assume is even worse. If you've never lost a fight since you "figured" this out like we all did 6 months ago you're either in low tier or just fight him once in a while. Fight him dozens of times and he WILL evade while stance swap blocking and kill you with 1 combo.
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    oh yea, on a non-stun immune node he is easy as ****. He is super frail so if you do nothing but parry-MM, he will die very quickly. His heavies are slow and very easy to evade. All the above is just in reference to the left boss node and boss node NC's. Even the weaker stun immune nodes he is beatable since if you use any tanky tech champ, you can screw up at least 3 evades and still not die. In those 2 nodes there is no room for mistake which is RANDOM and not skill based. All tier1/2 fighters know how to fight him and try to force the swap - it doesn't always work as described above.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    I generally just let him evade then I block, I rely on og cap to take NC on, if I can't Stun him, I can get through him with perfect blocks
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

But when i try this method, he stays aggressive and pins me in the corner, then DEAD. I fight him on Immunity node every war it is stressful. I fought Hyperion today I could'nt have been happier. One shotted him. NC often takes out my whole team. You either try to switch him a B d either kill him, or die having dealt no damage, or you fight him carefully and do little bits of damage with each champ.
    Don't be too defensive at the beginning. It's really difficult to recover if he corners you and you can't make him switch modes. Do 2-3 hit combos to push him back. Don't button mast. Play slow and block as soon as he evades. NEVER end a combo with a second medium or fourth light attack (i.e. don't do full combos) if he's in Neyaphim. Hit his block 1-2 times even if the timer is absent to push him back. And of course rush in to switch him once the timer appears (but once again, DON'T button mash. Play slow. You might have to try more than once before you can switch him). Once you can switch him, it's the easiest fight ever
    Of course even when being so careful, NC can still wreck you with the evades and massive deep wounds damage but if you follow this method, the chances of getting killed is much lower
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    BDLH wrote: »

he is easy WHEN this happens, maybe you haven't fought him enough that he can evade WHILE you are doing your combo when he is holding block to switch stances. Most good players in tier1/2 do this everyday - we cannot control those 4-5 hits WHILE he is changing stances. We have solo'd tier2 NC bosses that pure luck made him NOT evade while he is stance swapping and we have gotten destroyed when he DOES evade in the middle of a stance swap.

I run tier2 left path full time so this is all I do. It is not skill or predictable. When he evades while your combo is stance swapping him you die. Period. Tier1 I assume is even worse. If you've never lost a fight since you "figured" this out like we all did 6 months ago you're either in low tier or just fight him once in a while. Fight him dozens of times and he WILL evade while stance swap blocking and kill you with 1 combo.

I'd also like to say, when you switch him to swashbuckler you do it in 4 hits not 5...