**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The problem is still here. i was countered by the sp1 of Modok while fighting him in AW with Blade.
  • I am experiencing it all the time--especially against auto-block defenders but not only them. Ill be in mid-combo (2-3 hits in) and if they are blocking it happens frequently that the defender dexes out of it and beats the **** out of me. It's fun!
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Still experiencing it, as recent as last AQ cycle. Was hitting on a champ's block to push him back but he threw his sp1 (unblockable) outta nowhere and cost me a couple of potions and a revive to heal up and finish that fight.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Same here. Mysterio is especially bad.
    _GRINDER_ said:

For me it happening with champs which dont even have auto block eg Ghost rider in EQ and then Night trasher ..
    Does anyone know if Kabam has acknowledged this bug ?

Not to the best of my knowledge. Then again there are a ton of other bugs that are still unacknowledged so I could be getting them mixed up lol.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Just got a 5* Masacre.. and any champ, if I hit into their block, and they have enough energy for a special, they will fire it, while I am smashing into their block.

Makes Masacre useless!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Just got a 5* Masacre.. and any champ, if I hit into their block, and they have enough energy for a special, they will fire it, while I am smashing into their block.

Makes Masacre useless!

you do it when they have less power...
  • Bergy25Bergy25 Posts: 57
    edited July 2019
    This is still a thing. It’s beyond frustrating that kabam fixes things that are detrimental to their bottom line within hours, but bugs that affect the players take months. Come on guys
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

SparkAlot said:

Makes Masacre useless!

you do it when they have less power...
    Yes, thanks for stating the obvious. The point is, they shouldn't be able to do that in the first place!
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Void vs rhino in ROL.

4 or 5 times in one fight rhino threw special from me hitting his block.

When are we getting an update on this?

It’s getting ridiculous now, is there any point in us logging the incidences?
  • Mr_KonmanMr_Konman Posts: 16
    LOL I've given up on this. Just assume this is an intentional change in the game because they have not acknowledged this is a bug. They will not fix this problem. There's no point to posting here anymore.
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    @AnyKabamMods how are defenders launching specials while being hit in the middle of a combo or while blocking attacks fair and balance in your eyes? this bug has a persistent charge that carries on from month to month, how is that "fair and balanced"?
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    Kabam: we wanna create and run a fair and balanced game. therefore this bug that benefited the player base got a quick hot fix.

MCOC Player Base: what about the AI launching specials while blocking / being attacked?

Kabam: oOopSies!! it appears we have exposed our hypocrisy.

Kabam: *deletes posts and comments* *begins banning all who complained about bugs*

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

As requested:

Blade vs Sabretooth (AQ Map 6)
    Omega Red vs Corvus Glaive (Duel)
    Omega Red vs Cap Marvel Movie (Duel)
    Omega Red vs Namor (Duel)

I've experienced it especially frequently with Omega Red in arenas (surprise surprise he needs to do this more than any other champ and this is when they can launch their specials through blocks). These are the few match ups I could recall and tested in duels. Will continue to particularise as I get more matches in.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    It is so bad and I do not think they will fix it. Getting crazy. Happening a great deal on the higher maps of AQ. They are acting so defensively so it sets us up to get hit with a special. It is impossible to block the specials in time. We are talking about a half of a second window. I have also notice that the AI is also intercepting your dash attacks with a special right when you go to hit the AI. The Drones were getting me in AQ. This does not seem to happen in arena or quest nearly as much. This is so frustrating that I am not sure that I want anything to do with playing the alliance modes (AQ/AW).
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    edited July 2019
    @Fredhorst23 Yes you are correct. My mistake.

Variant 1 2.2 Mehphiso, second path from left side. Was hitting into his block while he was against the wall and he launched sp on me. Same as everyone here described and my previous posts. I was using a duped r3 5* Mephisto against him.

What is going on with the bug? Can’t play hard, progressing content with this bug!!!! Getting ko’d instantly from this, especially with aggression fury node.

Can we get an update?

iPhone 8 Plus
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84
    edited July 2019
    X
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited July 2019

Happened to me with Captain America Classic vs Wolverine

Also Proxima Midnight Vs Omega Red

This continued use to happen with MULTIPLE champs.....I never die in AQ especially against simple champs. Now I get KOed due to this trash.......prior to last 3 updates this never happened. How long is the 'investigation" going to take....this is NOT a new IP, this game is over 4 years old!

While the investigation continues since OVER 4 months we are ones wasting units on potions and revives! If you cant fox the issue or wont at least admit it's an issue and give compensation! If this were a issue that benefited players that we could exploit it would have been fixed by now.

We dont want talk we want the issue fixed. AI punches through blocks activates specials while blocking when hit.......and the AI does impossible things.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    AA vs Rhino boss of epic side quest, today.

SP1 thrown by rhino between light hits into rhino block and I wasn't messing around making a cup of tea during the combo.

• JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    It just happened in Map5 AQ with Guillotine getting off a SP2 against Corvus. I don't understand why this isn't being addressed. It was something that changed.

Before the comments start with "players can do it too" we also were not able to do it before.

I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the multiple input problems that we see with Quake recently. Sometimes I dash with my block side and then try to go LLL, maybe it isn't registering the L if my dash is still being registered? Just a thought.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Just had Maestro do it as well.
  • Jay__c21Jay__c21 Posts: 3
    This has been happening to me with multiple champs against all kinds of champs happens a lot when I use invisible woman
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Uncollected event quest my void vs Jane foster. Threw sp1 from block.

• DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    6.2.1, SymSup boss, using 5* OR. SS throws special while hitting his block. I've posted my specs numerous times.

I personally have no interest in touching 6.2 again until this is fixed, as OR is one of my main champs and he's been hurt by this bug for months now. Should I start looking for something else to do with my time Kabam? Any update or is this gonna keep being ignored? Getting fed up with the lack of transparency. I'm playing less and less, which I'm sure is not your goal.
This discussion has been closed.