**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I awaken Beast?

MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
edited August 2017 in Strategy and Tips
So today I got lucky and pulled Beast in a premium crystal. Had the 3* but barely ever used him. Anyway I've been holding onto a mutant awakening gem for a very long time since I already have wolverine, x23 etc. My main question is how useful is the Regen he gets and how noticeable is the additional power gain reduction? The only other champs I would want to use it on are psylocke If i get her from arena or rogue if I'm lucky and pull her in a crystal. Rogue was my original intention and I've had this gem since the very first dimension rifts last year. So far I really like beast, I could use him on bleed nodes, his bleed is good and I've always lacked power control so acrobatic mode is especially useful to me.

Should I awaken Beast? 66 votes

Yes
19%
Alfa_PigeonStefffSaiyanJkl1984Dave_the_destroyerAJ_Engel30MasterTroller42Isman1998LuxrayTamerzabuza31OhMYBATMANY2ShaggyY2KrazyDominic1606 13 votes
No
80%
winterthurRagamugginGunnerthetaman23SMiller80MEKA5HarcourtmazeTheLazyKingPera5NyaleSpity68Antgeo1AndrewOnur4headX_ScottFireballs5YellsomeMillybearThatsausagevg2782Monkey17288 53 votes

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    No
    Beast is great but not worthy of an ag. Also there is a bug that is being investigated. For mutants, ags are only to be used for wolverine, Iceman, and AA. maybe rogue if you already have those 3 duped.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Oh I remember reading about that bug on another thread. Wasn't it something to do with switching to acrobatic? So far haven't noticed anything unusual unless it's associated with his signature?
  • Yes
    Hes Indeed Great But Awaken Someone Better Like Wolverine , X-23 and Iceman and others . better than Beast
  • Yes
    and i regret putting Yes lol
    Already have wolverine and x-23. Not got iceman though, if I had him I'd awaken him for sure but had this gem for a while and starting to think I'll never use it lol.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    No
    Already have wolverine and x-23. Not got iceman though, if I had him I'd awaken him for sure but had this gem for a while and starting to think I'll never use it lol.

Lol I pretty much have the same problem as you
    Been holding on this tech gem for so long but never got a SL till now
    And a cosmic for hyperion (never gonna get him)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    No
    Awakening gem is very rare and it's worth to hold on to it for the very best champ.

The game has a cheeky rng. Once the gem is used, thegod-tier champs appears quite immediately.

• Dont awaken him i think of his sig as the game atomatically switching his stances for a fight save that Gem!
    Thanks for the feedback, thought his Regen and extra damage would be pretty useful but judging by the votes it seems like a bad idea. I'll carry on saving for now.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Ice and AA arenas coming up...
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    No
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Ice and AA arenas coming up...

My thoughts exactly....

Also, I wouldn't place him on defense, only cuz any seasoned fighter can fight him all day without getting touched.... if you do need to place him, not on bleed/enhanced bleed, I'd put him on armor or maybe even thorns (somewhere he'd be unexpected)
    Just my opinion.
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    No
    Can't wait for AA!
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Yes
    Yeah awaken him no telling when you are going to get an Iceman. You can get a lot of use out of Beast. I personally would do it but if you're waiting for Iceman then no.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    No
    Note also that Beast is currently bugged.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    Only awaken beast if you can bump his sig up significantly, I'm talking 60+. While his extra damage and increased crit is nice, his regen isn't worth it. His power gain reduction is very noticeable after a successful combo activation, they'll barely gain any with the trade off being your damage output is lowered significantly because he will no longer cause bleed.
  • AJ_Engel30AJ_Engel30 Posts: 156
    Yes
    Love my 4* R5 Beast! Watch a "how to use Beast" video on YouTube.
  • ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Sigh... Why beast
    Zabir wrote: »
    Sigh... Why beast

Already have a lot of duped mutants and hate to grind arenas lol.
    @Csutton, no intentions of using him as a defender, already got a pretty good defence so I'd probably use him on AQ to take the bleed paths, very often use Logan for that too since both reduce the duration of it significantly. Or I could use him on offence to help reduce how much power the opponent gains, especially useful for magik I'm assuming since Beast also has no buffs for MD. Read about the bug yesterday, maybe when he's known to be fixed I'll change my mind or have pulled an iceman from somewhere.