**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Pool of Venom in the Contest

I really like Deadpool. I really like Venom. When I heard a champion called Venompool was in the contest, I thought he would be a very good champion with the components of both champions. But it turns out his abilities are mediocre. I hope that poor Venompool could be buffed in the near future. Here’s my idea on how I would rework Venompool.
My Champion Rework: Venompool
Passive:
- The powers of the Venom symbiote combined with Deadpool’s healing factor lets Venompool passively heal (x) health per second. Beats awakening OG me, right?
- Venom and Deadpool struggle to take control of their shared body, creating two modes based on who’s currently in control. No one will sssstop me from killing Sssspider-man!!! Hey! Let me do the talking!
- Venompool starts in Deadpool mode.
Deadpool Mode:
- Increases regeneration rate by (x)%
- All hits have an 40% change to gain prowess, increasing special damage by 15%. Critical hits increase this chance by 100%. Max stacks: 20. Prowess buffs are lost when switching modes.
- If fighting X-Men or X-Force champions, Venompool gains +50% attack and +50% ability accuracy
Venom Mode:
- Increases critical rating by (x)%
- All hits have a 60% chance to inflict bleed on the opponent, dealing (x) damage over 8 seconds. Critical hits increase this chance by 100%.
- If fighting Spider-verse or Sinister 6 champions, Venompool gains true accuracy and +100% bleed damage
Heavy attacks:
- Landing this attack makes Venompool switch modes. Yessss! Control will be mine!!!! Don’t do it! Don’t you like Deadpool mode?
When switching modes:
- If Venompool switches to Deadpool mode and he has a fury buff, Venompool converts it into a taunt debuff on the opponent, reducing their damage by 25% and increasing their chance to activate a special attack by 80% for 15 seconds. Man, why is Venom so angry all the time?
- If Venompool switches to Venom mode and there is a taunt on the opponent, Venompool converts it into a fury buff on himself, increasing attack by (x) for 15 seconds. Enough with those foolissssh taunts!!!
Special 1: Symbiotic Rage
* We are back, Ssssspider-man! Prepare to face our wrath!!!!!
- Venompool switches to Venom mode.
- Each hit has an 80% chance to consume enemy buffs, converting them into 5% power and passive furies, each increasing attack by (x). These furies are lost when Venompool switches modes. Delicioussss! Give us more!!!!
Special 2: Deadpoo... I mean Venompool’s Break Dance
* While my pal Venom is having his rest, I’ll light up the dance floor with my new swords and my sweet moves!
- Venompool switches to Deadpool mode.
- Venompool’s blades are made of carbonadium, inflicting heal block on the opponent, preventing healing for 18 seconds.
- If Venompool finishes his dance, he heals 20% health and gains a precision buff, increasing critical rating by (x) for 8 seconds. Time to make some moves!
Special 3: The Combined Forces of Venom and Deadpool
* Venompool drags his opponent towards him, preparing to eat him when a phone call interrupts the special attack. They still shoot and pummel their opponent, though.
- 100% chance to inflict bleed, dealing (x) damage over 10 seconds
- Venom and Deadpool finally decided to settle their differences for once, combining the Venom and Deadpool modes into Venompool Mode for 25 seconds. Hi- Five, buddy! We are not buddiesssss!!!

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    So, about this Version of Venom Pool its not Venom or Deadpool, it's what happened when Deadpool mixed the DNA of both Venom and Deadpool during a Cooking show. Basically there's not a Deadpool or Venom side to it just one person.
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    awww man
    According to the champion bio and the special 3 text i really thought that deadpool and venom were both in the same venompool body
    Thanks!
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

So, about this Version of Venom Pool its not Venom or Deadpool, it's what happened when Deadpool mixed the DNA of both Venom and Deadpool during a Cooking show. Basically there's not a Deadpool or Venom side to it just one person.

You suck at parties, lol

I thought it was awesome, and honestly way BETTER than how his character is made/designed.
    It's def cool but wouldn't fit within the Canon of the game.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    In many ways, Venompool used to be better than Venom before he was buffed, as he had more utility - buff steal being his most useful trick.

He's way less useful now. If you land him early on as a 4*, he's sustainable enough to be useful in Story Quests up to the end of Act 4, but not much past that.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I fully love the idea of a champ you can switch between healing and attack mode by using heavy.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    He's on the buff list! This is amazing. Great thinking. If they don't take up on this I'll riot.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    👍
    Thanks guys! I’m planning on making a rework for the two Magnetos!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Keep in mind Venompool is an older champ. He was released when most champs had one page abilities. When he was first released he was easily a top tier champ because of his ability to nullify buffs + regen, place heavy bleed damage, and heal block (I think the first of his kind). He may be a bit outdated but he was a very good champ. Arguably the best stun immune Ultron counter.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Those little scenes don't count. In one Symbiote Supreme is an Alternate Reality version of Dr Strange and in the Story Text he's a Symbiote that takes control of Dr Strange's Body after his Astral Form was removed from his Body during the Infinity War Event Quest...
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Those little scenes don't count. In one Symbiote Supreme is an Alternate Reality version of Dr Strange and in the Story Text he's a Symbiote that takes control of Dr Strange's Body after his Astral Form was removed from his Body during the Infinity War Event Quest...
    And if you really want you could just say "Venompool wanted his Backstory changed so he could be a Stronger Champion, so after Om-Noming a couple Devs he got his wish."
    Also I’m thinking Venompool’s special animations should change along with the rework. For His special 1, I think it should be Omega Red’s special 1
    His special 2 will be the same but before he dances, he will throw his swords at his opponent (one at a time)
    His special 3 will be the same but he will shoot thrice and then maul the opponent for a while
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Also I’m thinking Venompool’s special animations should change along with the rework. For His special 1, I think it should be Omega Red’s special 1
    His special 2 will be the same but before he dances, he will throw his swords at his opponent (one at a time)
    His special 3 will be the same but he will shoot thrice and then maul the opponent for a while

Hi @SkyBlueGaming. There's a thread the mods will redirect you to for suggestions. If you want to increase the chances your suggestions will be read, you may as well put it there: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest

By all means, suggest some animation changes, but be aware that as a rule, very few of the champions who've been reworked in the last year have had any of their animations changed; presumably because that requires more expensive coding time from the development team. So they're a lot less likely to happen:

These champs have been buffed/reworked with no change made in their animations:
    - Luke Cage
    - Red Hulk
    - She-Hulk
    - Gamora
    - Venom
    - Carnage

(These buffs a little older, but also no change to animations)
    - Sentry
    - Civil Warrior
    - Winter Soldier
    - Punisher

These champs have had buffs which included animation changes:
    - Spider-Gwen

Howard the Duck also got an animation change; but this was just a comedy change to receiving an SP3 only. Possibly developed in someone's free time?
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Keep in mind Venompool is an older champ. He was released when most champs had one page abilities. When he was first released he was easily a top tier champ because of his ability to nullify buffs + regen, place heavy bleed damage, and heal block (I think the first of his kind). He may be a bit outdated but he was a very good champ. Arguably the best stun immune Ultron counter.

Dude just 101 post more and you should stop posting for ever, youll have 3333 Posts then ^^

Hi @SkyBlueGaming. There's a thread the mods will redirect you to for suggestions. If you want to increase the chances your suggestions will be read, you may as well put it there: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest

By all means, suggest some animation changes, but be aware that as a rule, very few of the champions who've been reworked in the last year have had any of their animations changed; presumably because that requires more expensive coding time from the development team. So they're a lot less likely to happen:

These champs have been buffed/reworked with no change made in their animations:
    - Luke Cage
    - Red Hulk
    - She-Hulk
    - Gamora
    - Venom
    - Carnage

(These buffs a little older, but also no change to animations)
    - Sentry
    - Civil Warrior
    - Winter Soldier
    - Punisher

These champs have had buffs which included animation changes:
    - Spider-Gwen

Howard the Duck also got an animation change; but this was just a comedy change to receiving an SP3 only. Possibly developed in someone's free time?
    Thanks @Magrailothos for the suggestion! @GroundedWisdom actually told this to me before. I’ll try to put all my ideas there when I have time.
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    Circling back to this....

Nice ideas @SkyBlueGaming !