**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to Take a Little Class Trip!

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    How does the difficulty of master compare to the event quest master? I haven't yet completed an EQ on master (usually can get through the 3rd or 4th part of the 6 quest sections) but the listed max team rating of the field trip for master is lower than the max for master EQ so I can't tell if it is doable for me or not. I would just try it myself if it wasn't for the limited resources to enter and can't tell if it will get more difficult as the weeks progress either.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Too bad this quest cost far too much energy to do.... 4 energies by node on epic level... 1 full energy refill per path :s
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    The way to get the most shield markers is ludicrous. The ability to actually access a quest should never be dependent on crystal luck. The homesick are basically rigged to give 2*s so that means we have to hope we pull a higher value Spiderverse champs from normal crystals. Please rethink this strategy.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

The way to get the most shield markers is ludicrous. The ability to actually access a quest should never be dependent on crystal luck. The homesick are basically rigged to give 2*s so that means we have to hope we pull a higher value Spiderverse champs from normal crystals. Please rethink this strategy.

Homesick crystals are designed to give you a 100% chance to get spider-verse champions. Of course you will get more 2 stars than 3 or 4 stars, but you can still get them from all other crystals ;)
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Is it one Mission every week? Like every wednesday one chapter is realeased?
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I agree, the energy requirements for class trip is way too high.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Anyone know when dungons start? I searched it but didnt find anything, I'm trying to knock out the 5 spiderverse fights.

Usually about 2 weeks after EQ is released. Next Monday I'd say.
  • lukakalukaka Posts: 79
    DukeZman said:

Markers are way to grindy or luck based to obtain. The balance of where to earn them in the Objectives is heavily weighted towards crystal luck. 3600 markers for pulling 10 2* Spiderverse champ? And yet if I fight 205 Spiderverse champs in event quests I don't even come close to that number of markers?
    At 1st glance it would seem that Kabam is trying to make it non-grindy to get the markers, but the opposite is true. I have to open crystals to get the champ-pull ones, which means I have to grind arena and such to get crystals. But for all the grinding I've done, and subsequent crystals I've opened my luck has been abysmal. I've not pulled even one 2* spiderverse champ. And you need 10 to get those 3600 markers. I've only managed to pull 1 3* one, and zero 4* or 5* ones. And for some lame reason you don't even put markers in the monthly EQ. So I have to get lucky with crystal drops or grind a TON of quests, arena, and dungeon if I hope to play much Class Trip.
    So far I have 760 markers. That's it after half a week of active playing. I'm only 3/4 of the way to a single Epic permission slip and then I'll need like 12 more or something to complete the quest. Lame.
    I see what you're doing though: you're hoping I'll drop 100 units a pop on the Homesick crystals, but everyone knows that 100 units is a terrible value for what amounts to basically a spiderverse PHC. If they were 10 units then maybe they'd be worth going for. And in reality, they're not worth wasting units on because the Class Trip rewards really aren't that amazing - definitely not worth spending to get and certainly not worth the crazy grinding to get there.
    Another Kabam miss.

i dont wanna shock u but today i got 14600 and there are more to come which means u can do both epic first then master . u will find yourself getting them as time goes by without noticing
  • Rolo_maxRolo_max Posts: 57
    question, does the difficulty its going to increase every week ? I mean, if you choose epic and start like chapter 1 easy, chapter 2 medium, chapter 3 hard and chapter 4 really hard?
  • BigKidScottyBigKidScotty Posts: 52
    I don’t know if I’m being slow or anything but, let me get this straight. If you don’t have at least a 2 star version of the champ you need for a gait, you will need to fight him FIFTY times in duels, arenas, and quest? How the heck are we gonna get lucky enough to fight that same champion in duels or arenas!!?!? That’s impossible!!! And if they are in a quest, fighting them 50 times will take forever and will require TONS of quest energy. Again, maybe I’m just being slow or not seeing something right but from the way I see it that sounds impossible
  • Uglyjerry300_Uglyjerry300_ Posts: 3
    I think that it is ridiculous that if you are not Conquerer or Uncollected you can't do Master or Epic on the side quest.
  • 007_Achilles007_Achilles Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Im new to MCOC, less than a month. Is that why I only see level 1 permission slips?
    I'm not playing for 'free' and am already done with week 1 and the entirety of the beginner monthly.
    I want better challenges and rewards. How do I get higher level permission slips?
  • Kief1Kief1 Posts: 9
    How are people getting so many shield markers?
    Also, it’s ridiculous to fight one champion 50 times.how do you even line this up to fight the same champion that many times in a row??
  • How can I join into Spiderman Class Trip master difficulty? I can't find the pink ticket for master in store. I asked some one in my alliance. But they haven't any problem. Why?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

Im new to MCOC, less than a month. Is that why I only see level 1 permission slips?
    I'm not playing for 'free' and am already done with week 1 and the entirety of the beginner monthly.
    I want better challenges and rewards. How do I get higher level permission slips?

Complete more of the story quest to unlock option to buy higher permission slips.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I've found it pretty easy to get the Epic tickets. Week 1 has been 100% completed and have enough Epic tickets to complete the remaining 3 weeks. I'll work on master level tickets next. I'll only run master and epic. Rewards for the lower levels aren't something I want. I do agree with most that the energy requirement is too high
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Kief1 said:

How are people getting so many shield markers?
    Also, it’s ridiculous to fight one champion 50 times.how do you even line this up to fight the same champion that many times in a row??

There are numerous ways to get them

Against SpiderVerse, Sinister Six champions in a quest
    Against SpiderVerse, Sinister Six champions in arena
    Use Spiderverse, Sinister Six champions in quest or arena
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★

How can I join into Spiderman Class Trip master difficulty? I can't find the pink ticket for master in store. I asked some one in my alliance. But they haven't any problem. Why?

If you haven't completed Act 4 all the way through beating Maestro then you can not get the master tickets. If you do that before the event is done then you can compete in the master side event quest
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    DrZola said:

I mean I get that most people are still building up a solid roster and every crystal is another chance at something helpful, but with the pool as large as it is, the odds of an extra 5k shards drastically changing your account are quite low. Rank resources are a gaureenteed positive result that either let you rank a current champion or at the least stash until you pull someone worthwhile

Actually, I’m happy to take both. But I have to be careful with rankup resources that go straight to stash and may pigeonhole me into ranking up a middling champ to avoid their expiration.

There are long-time players with very good rosters who are sitting on inventories of full T4c, full T2a and 3+ T5b who are still looking for one of several “antidote” champs in 5/6* rarity. And many of those same players have hundreds if not thousands of T4c shard/T4c crystals unopened.

The existence of that cohort of players is a virtual guarantee given the way pRNG operates in game.

Could players like that just rank what they have and roll with it? Sure, and some do. Others continue to gather resources that go unused because some of the most desirable champs still elude them. There’s a balance to strike for players like that—holding for the right champ versus reduced game enjoyment/frustration at being resource-rich but champ-poor.

That’s perhaps why some players are hungry for shards over resources—you beat content with champs, but resources that aren’t/can’t be applied to champs don’t beat anyone.

Dr. Zola
    And some players just try their best with the hand they've been dealt. It's called "a challenge".
  • jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    edited July 2019
    The permission slip "system" is messed up. One slip should unlock the entire week one and not just one path for week one. I didn't see any entries from Kabam about how many slips would be required overall.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Agreed, way too many slips needed and title energy.
  • Havoc614Havoc614 Posts: 17

So far I've been lucky enough to pull all the right characters