**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Master of Magnetism.... reduced to a fridge magnet???

Ah... Magneto, the Master of Magnetism. The power to control all metal sounds like a pretty strong power to me, but in the Contest, he got REALLY downgraded from the Master of Magnetism to a mere fridge magnet. Even his white counterpart couldn’t make the cut. Here’s my ideas to make both Magnetos claim their rightful thrones as the true Masters of Magnetism!!!
My Champion Rework: Magneto
Passive:
- Enemies reliant on metal suffer 40% reduced ability accuracy, -25% attack, and -50% critical rating and damage. Robots also have -20% armor rating
- Magneto collects any piece of metal from the environment, gaining 1 metal piece every 4 seconds. Magneto gains 3 metal pieces at the start of the fight against metal champions and he gains metal pieces 2 times faster against robots. Max Cap: 50
Metal Pieces:
- Each metal piece grants Magneto (x) armor, (x) attack, and (x) block proficiency
- Every two hits done to Magneto removes one metal piece
All Attacks:
- 25% chance to convert enemy armor up buffs into 2 metal pieces
When blocking:
- Enemy bullets don’t deal damage to Magneto but instead 40% of the bullets’ damage goes to the opponent
Special Attacks:
- Consumes all metal pieces
- 100% chance to inflict armor break, reducing armor by (x) for 10 seconds, and Bleed, dealing (x) damage over 12 seconds. The potency of armor breaks and bleeds are increased by (x)% per metal piece consumed
Special 1:
- If Magneto’s armor break and/or bleed failed to trigger, he gains fury (2 furies if both failed to trigger), increasing attack by (x)% per metal piece consumed
Special 2:
- Inflicts Concussion, reducing enemy ability accuracy by 40% for 10 seconds. This increases by a flat 2% per metal piece consumed
Special 3:
- 30% percent of all the metal pieces consumed will return to Magneto
- The bleed from this attack lasts 100% longer against metal opponents
- The armor break form this attack is permanent against robots
Signature Ability: Magnetic Mastery
- Magneto uses all the metal pieces he collected to shield himself from fatal blows.
- 20 metal pieces: Attacks cannot deal more than 40% of Magneto’s health
- 40 metal pieces: Attacks cannot deal more than 20% of Magneto’s health
New Synergy:
Masters of Magnetism with Magneto (Marvel Now!)
- Magneto: +20% Bleed Damage
- Magneto (Marvel Now!): Magnetized lasts 3 seconds longer

My Champion Rework: Magneto (Marvel Now!)
Passive:
- Every 12 seconds and at the start of the fight, enemies reliant on metal suffer 60% reduced ability accuracy, -35% attack, and -60% critical rating and damage for 12 seconds. Robots also have -30% armor rating
- Magneto collects any piece of metal from the environment, gaining 1 metal piece every 4 seconds. Magneto gains 3 metal pieces at the start of the fight against metal champions and he gains metal pieces 2 times faster against robots. Max Cap: 60
Metal Pieces:
- Each metal piece grants Magneto (x) armor, (x) attack, and (x) block proficiency (less than OG Magneto)
- Every two hits done to Magneto removes one metal piece
All Attacks:
- 25% chance to convert enemy armor up buffs into 2 metal pieces
When blocking:
- Enemy bullets don’t deal damage to Magneto but instead 40% of the bullets’ damage goes to the opponent
Special Attacks:
- Consumes all metal pieces
- 100% chance to inflict armor break, reducing armor by (x) for 10 seconds, and Bleed, dealing (x) damage over 12 seconds. The potency of armor breaks and bleeds are increased by (x)% per metal piece consumed
Special 1:
- If Magneto’s armor break and/or bleed failed to trigger, he gains fury (2 furies if both failed to trigger), increasing attack by (x)% per metal piece consumed
Special 2:
- Inflicts Concussion, reducing enemy ability accuracy by 40% for 10 seconds. This increases by a flat 2% per metal piece consumed
Special 3:
- 30% percent of all the metal pieces consumed will return to Magneto
- The bleed from this attack lasts 100% longer against metal opponents
- The armor break form this attack is permanent against robots
Signature Ability: Superior Magnetic Mastery
- Magneto uses all the metal pieces he collected to shield himself from fatal blows when below 50% health
- 10 metal pieces: Attacks cannot deal more than 40% of Magneto’s health
- 30 metal pieces: Attacks cannot deal more than 20% of Magneto’s health
- 50 metal pieces: Attacks cannot deal more than 10% of Magneto’s health
New Synergy:
Polar Opposites with Magneto
- Both Magnetos: When backed against the wall, gain +(x) Armor, (x) block proficiency, and +(x)% perfect block chance. When hitting the opponent against the wall, gain +(x) attack, +(x) critical rate, and +(x) critical damage

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Thenk you for reading!

Comments

• S3 Inflicts a permanent Armor Shatter against Robots reducing Ability Accuracy by X% 😉. It's an interesting layout for sure. I would be happy to see Magneto rocking abilities like this.
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion! Armor Shatter for Magneto would be really great, too!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Just a heads up, OP. There's a Champion Improvements Thread. Perhaps you should add your suggestion there so it can be seen better.
    Not sure if you were aware or not. Good ideas though.
  • SkyBlueGamingSkyBlueGaming Posts: 128
    I know about the Improvements thread but I wanted to see how well my ideas will do as a solo post. I’m not sure if people look at the improvements thread that much. Also thanks for the feedback!
    No worries. I actually had a similar idea about being hurt by Metal where Damage was refracted.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I agree that he seems very nerfed compared to other champions, and he's been that way a long time. A change would be great!
    He does however (on a side note) not have the ability to control all metal, since not all metals are ferro magnetic. There's been many interesting discussions about this. Since many bullets are made of lead magneto shouldn't be able to stop bullets from the police issued weapons like he does in one of the movies for example, unless they are jacketed in some magnetic metal or alloy.

However, Adamantium is known to be magnetic in the comics and movies, so Wolvie should have a tough time against Magneto for sure! :wink: And depending on what iteration of Vibranium mcoc uses caps shield could very well be magnetic also!