**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the game much less fun now that parry is nearly gone?

SmokinSurferSmokinSurfer Posts: 1,191 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
We'll keep it simple

Is the game much less fun now that parry is nearly gone? 56 votes

Yes
64%
DL864NonuDARKLOKIJOHNOSA1995Kronos9876543214_ME_U_D0N3AjavedSweatlipHarcourtmazeCuteshelfOKAYGangSpity68EchSmokinSurferNico010915BoogsSomeoneElseThatsausageMidnightfoxSerial 36 votes
No
35%
GamerSnizzbarMEŦAPħҰSRenegade_DoggyTimone147AakashFireballs5YellsomeMillybearDropfaithAxeCopFirebeaupoemKDoggg2017wSWeaponX_LivingDeadGirlJmoneysteckLuismarquez131MileyTwerkedMezero7Doctor_Patriot 20 votes

Comments

• RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I havent even unlocked parry yet. Been putting it off. Is there a place outside ofthe store where stoney cores can be EARNED in the game or is it a mastery for only tgose who have the extra cash to afford it? I put a decent amount of cash into this game but it seems a bit ridiculous that a skill cant be earned and MUST be purchased.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Yes
    I havent even unlocked parry yet. Been putting it off. Is there a place outside ofthe store where stoney cores can be EARNED in the game or is it a mastery for only tgose who have the extra cash to afford it? I put a decent amount of cash into this game but it seems a bit ridiculous that a skill cant be earned and MUST be purchased.

You need to do arena and quests for units to afford Stoney cores. They are really, really cheap.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My parry works fine. There's ways to fight without parry
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    What's wrong with parry?

Some have issues with timing
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    parry is fine ya, use it for every fight except stun immune
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Having issues with timing doesn't mean it's broken though. I thought the timing was easy to get used to
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    No
    i dont see what everyone's problem is with parrying
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I think there's a tendency to assume that it's because people don't time the Parry right, and that may be the case some of the time, but I believe it's a lag in controls. I know this because I've seen the Block not register, or move much slower than the AI. I think the majority of us have been using Parry a long time, so that's not necessarily the issue. Again, I'm not venting or complaining. Just stating my observations. They'll figure it our eventually. I don't think it's a matter of Parry being gone. I think they're still trying to sync the timing issues. Sometimes problems aren't always easily resolved.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Yes
    The bugs have been real.
  • No
    I really think it's the devices and internet causing this Parry "issue". I don't have it at all.

Besides which you should be intercepting more than relying on pary. What do you people do when you have to fight a stun immune champ or node?
  • No
    Intercept isn't easy man. Doesn't come naturally for everyone. You have to know if the enemy is charging or if they just released block and are running. That's 2 different animations for every champion in the game. Also it seems the AI can run immediately after releasing block. And the AI is programed to trick you by doing things like switching block and unblock, running then block. One misjudgement and you're dead. I died twice this war because I just couldn't parry, died again because one fight went in slow motion lag, died twice to NC immunity sub boss because i charge him while he is blocking and HE intercepts me, died again because DV short backdash couldn't Evade NC heavy attack far enough. Just a nightmare.

I know it's not. I have a video somewhere of a very detailed intercept list and while it took me time, and I'm still no pro at it, I've learned to rely on not getting hit more than timing a block. I died last war because I kept trying to Parry on node 1 thinking it would stun, despite knowing better. It's that habit that made me realize how much I rely on it still and this war I went 2 fights without getting hit.

If they're dashing towards you, dash towards them as they get closer. If they're at a distance doing a dropping block hit 3 times, backdash and do a light jab. If they don't drop the gaurd you are usually safe to do a heavy if you're fast.. I understand the underlying issue is frame rates and what sounds like server interference but just by doing those alone you'll be less annoyed about parry not working for you. There's like 5 types of intercepts. There has to be at least 2 that you can use regularly.

Starting a combo with a light attack and not a dash attack alone makes a massive difference on aggressive AI.
  • No
    The charging at you intercept works only if you dash towards them as they pass the "halfway" point between you and them. That way they can't back out of it and you'll always hit first. Some larger enemies have given me problems with that one lately admittedly.

I know some of them have changed and there are some that have become too unpredictable, like the heavy guard. Generally I find if you can back them to the wall then don't dash forward, wait for them to dash to you. Just keep the distance close enough so they have to dash. Then be prepared to do the jab as soon as they move. If you get it right once or twice it catches on a lot faster than any other intercepts.

Hopefully that helps some. And hopefully these framerate issues are server related and Kabam gets around to fixing it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I remember people complaining about parry when 12.0 dropped and I thought what are they complaining about?. Now 14.0+ and I know exactly what they are complaining about. My parry was great until recently and now it sucks! Not only is Parry broken but simply blocking has become problematic. Pretty sure it's device related. I normally play on an iPad mini 4 but when I use my phone parry is better but have lag. I'm definitely losing faith that Kabam will actually come out with a decent update.