**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Whom to awaken?

I have a 5-star awakening gem and I need suggestions and justifications for your choice of the following champions:

Whom to awaken? 69 votes

M.O.D.O.K.
1%
Fan1241 1 vote
Void
50%
CrkwestHollowbornTerraleftliberSpiderCoolsHendrossHammerbro_64Crimsontide1616ErkRepto23KillerRino19Charlie_SceneJackbrooks2580Battle_Greninjashadow_lurker22JuggerNotjkcjmijiFhfjghhggggjfhfjgTankRichardsonWebby72 35 votes
Thing
5%
ArkhamButcherAleorChicken_MasterBoostergoldrulz 4 votes
Captain America IW
37%
ArcDeAngelusSecondSkrilleradqqedfyvrStark78AlfaOsfan8CassyMaldroit2zesstroyerrWoozieTony886SonnenTigerInfinityM04RaveNNDennis_83FlintTheSavagePerceptronUmbertoDelRioLordBeaverbrokeLeoandbob13MasterIanG 26 votes
Hulk
1%
Arsoz 1 vote
Miles Morales
2%
Spity68Timros 2 votes

Comments

• BoostergoldrulzBoostergoldrulz Posts: 150
    Thing
    Weird. I had to vote in order to post a comment on my own poll. Anyway, as stated above please comment with justification for your vote. I really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • RordogRordog Posts: 27
    First off. What do you want to use these champs for?
    edited July 2019
    Thing
    Thing

Rordog said:

Second off. WHY IS MILES MORALES IN THE POLL
    Just like Hulk, he's merely added because he is unawakened. I'm sure there is plenty of people that like the character, just because you do not, doesn't dismiss his fan base. Understandably, he and hulk are "old characters," but both are functional in arenas and quests. Will I drop them on AW defense? No, unless there is a buff to each in the future...which is doubtful.
    Thing
    Rordog said:

They each serve a defensive, utility or attack purpose on their own right. Those reasons alone are what makes this a hard decision. I'd strategically use them accordingly.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Captain America IW
    Depend on rank
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    CAIW best all around.
    Thing
    Tony886 said:

Depend on rank

I can rank each of these to rank 5. Though, to be clear, I have Captain America IW as a 6-star, too.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 247 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Void
    Don’t awaken Hulk or Miles. They’re not worth a 5* gem. Only awaken MODOK for defence (unless there’s something I’m missing), then that leaves void, thing and beardo as attack options, who all have their uses. Personally I’d lean towards void and beardo, with beardo having massive damage on the and void having high passive DOT, without mentioning the utility they both have, with beardo needing the dupe to have the utility, but a high sig for reliability, while the dupe got void offers the reliability and bonus damage
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Void
    Void is amazing duped. So is CAIW though. As long as you choose between those 2, you'll be fine.
    Thing

Well I would advise for void he has more benefit at low sig level. Cap is a better choice but at full sig ability. Void works on power gain Hyperion, spite, 200% regen etc.
    Cap can do all that and hit like really hard but to do the petrify debuffs the sig level should be above 170 to do place the debuffs fairly easily (by parry).
    While void you just keep attacking even at sig 1 he places fear of void. But ofcourse the higher the sig he starts hitting harder.

Looks like it's down to those two. I was leaning towards void, anyway. Lol
  • PerceptronPerceptron Posts: 169
    Captain America IW
    its a tie between Void and Capiw. Both are super awesome much much valuable assets for war and quest
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    Void

Rordog said:

Just like Hulk, he's merely added because he is unawakened. I'm sure there is plenty of people that like the character, just because you do not, doesn't dismiss his fan base. Understandably, he and hulk are "old characters," but both are functional in arenas and quests. Will I drop them on AW defense? No, unless there is a buff to each in the future...which is doubtful.
    Nobody likes MM, he aint good for defense, he aint good for attack because you cant relie on parry (the platypus BADUM TS)
    No high damage. Not even cool looking imo...
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    How much good would a dupe do for MODOK? I find him underrated on attack! I've got only a few decent 5 stars, but among those I have MODOK has served me best by far on attack! He does massive damage for one.
    But, If I had Beardo I would have used him, probably.
    edited July 2019
    Thing

Rordog said:

Nobody likes MM, he aint good for defense, he aint good for attack because you cant relie on parry (the platypus BADUM TS)
    No high damage. Not even cool looking imo...
    Looking at the results, Miles Morales has 2 votes. See--people like him, you may not, but others can probably fight with him.
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    Captain America IW
    I don't think it's about who you like....actually let me scratch that. If you are a big fan of the character in general, then yes go for it and awaken Miles or Hulk. But if you want to talk the rarity of awakening gems and which one will help you progress, then no Miles or Hulk wouldn't be anywhere near worth it when you have the others that you listed.

Now personally, I would awaken CAIW. Granted I have both Void and CAIW as a 5* and I got lucky and duped CAIW while trying to decide who to use my science AG. So I used it on Void ultimately. I like them both, but I took CAIW to R5 first. His damage is insane, especially if you parry heavy and repeat. Even for stun immune champs you will get enough damage from his Kinetic. Void is useful tho for things like Hyperion for power control once you get lucky and get the right effect and for reversal regen. It honestly would come down to who you're more comfortable with. I'm about to take Void to R4.
    Thing

I don't think it's about who you like....actually let me scratch that. If you are a big fan of the character in general, then yes go for it and awaken Miles or Hulk. But if you want to talk the rarity of awakening gems and which one will help you progress, then no Miles or Hulk wouldn't be anywhere near worth it when you have the others that you listed.

Now personally, I would awaken CAIW. Granted I have both Void and CAIW as a 5* and I got lucky and duped CAIW while trying to decide who to use my science AG. So I used it on Void ultimately. I like them both, but I took CAIW to R5 first. His damage is insane, especially if you parry heavy and repeat. Even for stun immune champs you will get enough damage from his Kinetic. Void is useful tho for things like Hyperion for power control once you get lucky and get the right effect and for reversal regen. It honestly would come down to who you're more comfortable with. I'm about to take Void to R4.

So, I have Captain America IW in each level from 2-star to 6-star, I primarily use the 6-star. Ultimately, I've awakened void. I have a awakened killmonger and sentry with whom he has good synergy.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Captain America IW

Tony886 said:

Depend on rank

I can rank each of these to rank 5. Though, to be clear, I have Captain America IW as a 6-star, too.
    I was having a hard time deciding if I would use a gem on my 5* Void, because I already have a 6* Void... untill I got my 5* Cap IW and used the gem on him... He is a very good champ, same as Void is. But having a 6* Void made me fell as I was making a bad decision investing resources on a 5* void.

You are in the other side of the coin... In your shoes, I'd use the gem on Void.