**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Recent EQ is easy only because new champs are not great defenders

LainuaLainua Posts: 861 ★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Yes that’s true. If Kabam releases a new Korg or new Thing MEQ will be as difficult as it should be. Or they can make thing harder just by adding unblockable + unstoppable + unavoidable degeneration from the beginning nodes then everyone will complain like crazy.

After nameless Thanos Kabam gives us easy quests as compensation. They can make it extreme again immediately if they want. I expect harder quests for next month or next of next.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Tbh unstoppable and unblockable is easily countered if you know how to fight against it. And this EQ was easy. Mysterio was a slight annoyance but he was much easier than IW last month and Thanos was a well overdue UC challenge. Interested to see how the next mutant EQ fairs in difficulty
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Terra said:

Tbh unstoppable and unblockable is easily countered if you know how to fight against it. And this EQ was easy. Mysterio was a slight annoyance but he was much easier than IW last month and Thanos was a well overdue UC challenge. Interested to see how the next mutant EQ fairs in difficulty

Only thing annoying about mysterio is his reflection gas
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    August wont have any MCU movie tie in. I also feel the same about it. This is the easiest eq so far.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Lainua said:

Terra said:

You might think it easy, but if they add an extra node then you will receive an unavoidable death. Devs can beat us even with 1*. It is totally dependent on what do they want.

And I agree that this month is easy. I just want to point out that things can change in a minute.
    Well, yeah. They make the content, so they can make the content anything they want. This seems to be a truism. The content is going to be whatever they want it to be, and that's true for every game, and it can't be otherwise. Does anyone think something different?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Lainua said:

DNA3000 said:

Lainua said:

Terra said:

You might think it easy, but if they add an extra node then you will receive an unavoidable death. Devs can beat us even with 1*. It is totally dependent on what do they want.

And I agree that this month is easy. I just want to point out that things can change in a minute.
    Well, yeah. They make the content, so they can make the content anything they want. This seems to be a truism. The content is going to be whatever they want it to be, and that's true for every game, and it can't be otherwise. Does anyone think something different?
    Because myself, as many others, are requiring for Cavalier difficulty because UC is too easy. But in second thought I realized that it’s easy because Kabam made it so. They want to give us a gift.

In general, the way difficulty is measured objectively by game developers is to datamine completion rates. This isn't generally left to developer opinion or guesswork. While each month's difficulty will vary, the devs are almost certainly getting datamining feedback on the completion rates for each month's uncollected maps and factoring that into their map designs for future maps. So while difficulty could rise or fall in consecutive months, it is virtually impossible for difficulty to continuously rise or continuously fall, because eventually the devs will be pushed back to the middle. The devs do not deliberately make things difficult and then deliberately make things easy to apologize. That's not how these kinds of games work.

If you're finding UC getting easier over time, this is probably because you're progressing faster than the average UC player (and remember, more players become UC every day which counterbalances every veteran UC players getting stronger). If you're finding UC getting harder over time, this is probably because the reverse is true: you're progressing slower than the average UC player overall. The target is almost certainly the moving target of the average UC player.