**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Using Pre-Fight Ability in Arena

cling2cling2 Posts: 36
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Has the potential to use pre-fight abilities in arena ever come up? Apologies if it has but I searched these forums and found nothing. Now that pre-fight abilities are becoming more common I would like to use these abilities in all fights across the Battlerealm and was just wondering if Kabam intends to ever make that possible?

Comments

• Options
    DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Yea I noticed this but forgot to ask about it
    It sucks that u can’t do that
    Also what about on defense
    How would that work
    In the future would we be able to slect pre fight abilities
    Like for stealth suit spidey in war could we select his web shooter or would it always have to be flash bang
    Not that I would want to use him on defense
  • Options

I think for war it will resort to the default champion abilities, much like synergies they probably won’t be able to be used for defense

That kinda sucks
    It would be sweet to put torch on defense and set him to use his pre fight ability
    I mean it would only last 1 fight tho
    Probably wouldn’t be good tho
  • Options

Djkrdjj said:

I think for war it will resort to the default champion abilities, much like synergies they probably won’t be able to be used for defense

That kinda sucks
    It would be sweet to put torch on defense and set him to use his pre fight ability
    I mean it would only last 1 fight tho
    Probably wouldn’t be good tho
    Yeah one problem with war synergies was that the attacker had no idea if they had a synergy active. Like you could bring void to a regen node and fight a blade with danger sense active, that would have been unfair.
    So in a way I think prefight abilities could work, but they are still new and we don’t know yet how they are going to be implemented with specific characters
    I think the human torch interaction is wierd but stealth spidey and invisible woman’s pre fight ability should be totally defense friendly
    Again not that you would use them
  • Options
    ElectricJellyElectricJelly Posts: 33
    edited July 2019
    I mean it’s already been established that war defenders are left out of a lot of the game’s mechanics (synergies and so forth), but it’s kinda dumb that you can’t use pre-fight abilities in arenas. I surely would like Stealth Spidey to be able to load something besides flashbangs.
  • Options
    cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    One fellow player described it as a champion nerf via game mode. Does anyone else see it that way?
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I’ve been wondering about this myself. It is disappointing to not have access to a pretty important part of a champion’s kit. Not being able to use pre-fight abilities in arena/AW takes away some important abilities from champions. I have a 5* Human Torch I use on defense, and it would give the rank-up investment a better return. I don’t see why a pre-fight ability shouldn’t be used by default in AW, and at least be optional in arena.

Don’t AW defenders benefit from persistent charges? Human Torch not only loses his pre-fight ability, but his Sig becomes worthless. If other champs are built with pre-fight abilities that they can’t access in two critical parts of the game, why introduce these abilities at all?
  • Options
    SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    So Kabam never commented about prefight for arena?