**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Forum Dislike Button

Comments

• Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★

GroundedWisdom: comments anything
    Community:

I'm fine with that. Not that it's my intention. I'm just used to it. Lol.
    I still don't know why the community doesn't like you.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

Community:

He's here a lot = easy target.
  • Prime example of why the intention of the disagree button is broken-

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/148469/community-discussion-superior-stats#latest

There isn't anything to disagree or agree about from what I said. Keep in mind, I don't care about the button or any of the "feeling" buttons, just adding to OP's statement.

You think that’s bad, I gave the drop rates for both homesick crystals and premiums and I got disagree. I also don’t care, I’m just confused and puzzled
    People sometimes are simply that... confusing and puzzling, lol. It's really strange to see a 'disagree' in a situation where there's really nothing to 'disagree' with. You could simply state a known fact, and someone will find a reason to tap the 'disagree' button. It would seem, some people just cannot help themselves. It's like when someone says something is 'incorrect' and doesn't offer an explanation as to why. Or which part is incorrect when there's multiple things stated.

Perhaps in some cases this is due too certain individual having a desire to argue for the sake of having an argument. For others they just have nothing better to do than 'disagree.' There are some who genuinely believe they're right all the time despite having evidence that proves them wrong. All the above I do not understand what makes them tick, and frankly, I'd rather not know anyway. I like to view them as just the anomalies that have an aversion to logic and reason, lol. Best course of action one can take for these cases in my experience, shrug, laugh, and move on to something more productive.

As previously mentioned, the 'disagree' button has no impact on a forum member's points. So it's a rather moot point to worry about IMO. Some people simply cannot help themselves and it is what it is at that point. I seriously couldn't care less if someone just taps 'disagree' as their opinion has no real impact when they don't offer up an explanation as to why. Give some sound reasoning and perhaps more would be inclined to listen. Could result in some mutual understanding and respect occurring. Crazy stuff, isn't it? Lol.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★

I have a strong feeling this post will get a lot of disagrees

how did you know? are you a wizard?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Prime example of why the intention of the disagree button is broken-

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/148469/community-discussion-superior-stats#latest

There isn't anything to disagree or agree about from what I said. Keep in mind, I don't care about the button or any of the "feeling" buttons, just adding to OP's statement.

My best random disagree so far: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/897990#Comment_897990

I wouldn't say the button is broken. I would say it is doing what it was intended to do, it is just that what it is intended to do is not what most of the people using it believe it was intended to do.
  • GroundedWisdom: comments anything
    Community:

I don't really invest too much into why. The majority of it is out of habit over the years. I don't agree with taking an Anti-Kabam stance, and by default, that's seen as Pro-Kabam. I'm sure some cases are just people who don't get along with what I say, which is normal for anyone. The bulk of it is just branding and slander. I don't take any sides. Player, or Kabam. I try to look at things objectively and hold off on reacting. That doesn't coincide with the majority. Either way, people can like me if they want or not. I would prefer they look at what I say without bias or prejudice, but I can't control that.
    Imagine if for just 24 hours no one could see who they were agreeing or disagreeing with. No IDs. No avatars. Just the words stated. I wonder how people would react to each post not knowing the author. That would be a neat experiment to take part in if you ask me. Then, once the timer expired, you could see who said what and perhaps certain biases would fade. Then again, maybe not, lol. Some here have a known style of writing and a few may be able to pick them out of the crowd based soley upon that aspect. Still, would be fun to see happen every so often.
  • Ha, my point has been proven. People willfully tapping 'disagree' with 0 explanation as to why, lol. Both posts having multiple points made. One of which was merely a hypothetical that I said may not work, lol. So which aspect was disagreed with? The world may never know 😂😂😂. Typical.

I'd prefer hearing back than seeing that someone didn't have the words to explain why they do not agree. Or maybe it's just they couldn't help themselves. If so, another point proven. I have respect for those who at least attempt to explain why. Those that don't, oh well. Just another number with 0 meaning behind it.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

Ha, my point has been proven. People willfully tapping 'disagree' with 0 explanation as to why, lol. Both posts having multiple points made. One of which was merely a hypothetical that I said may not work, lol. So which aspect was disagreed with? The world may never know 😂😂😂. Typical.

I'd prefer hearing back than seeing that someone didn't have the words to explain why they do not agree. Or maybe it's just they couldn't help themselves. If so, another point proven. I have respect for those who at least attempt to explain why. Those that don't, oh well. Just another number with 0 meaning behind it.

I argued and got told to just click disagree and move on
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★

Community:

I don't really invest too much into why. The majority of it is out of habit over the years. I don't agree with taking an Anti-Kabam stance, and by default, that's seen as Pro-Kabam. I'm sure some cases are just people who don't get along with what I say, which is normal for anyone. The bulk of it is just branding and slander. I don't take any sides. Player, or Kabam. I try to look at things objectively and hold off on reacting. That doesn't coincide with the majority. Either way, people can like me if they want or not. I would prefer they look at what I say without bias or prejudice, but I can't control that.
    Imagine if for just 24 hours no one could see who they were agreeing or disagreeing with. No IDs. No avatars. Just the words stated. I wonder how people would react to each post not knowing the author. That would be a neat experiment to take part in if you ask me. Then, once the timer expired, you could see who said what and perhaps certain biases would fade. Then again, maybe not, lol. Some here have a known style of writing and a few may be able to pick them out of the crowd based soley upon that aspect. Still, would be fun to see happen every so often.
    kabam make this happen
    Carames said:

It's not like it will do any good overall, but at least it's an opportunity to vent and a way for Kabam to see (if they really care) that all is not right or acceptable with where things are right now.

No reasonable person would see dislikes as indicating anything other than impulsive venting, because that represents a large percentage of dislike flags. By making them about disliking the poster rather than objectively disagreeing with the post, the very people using the flag have devalued it to the point of worthlessness. I'm expecting that in the interests of maximum irony, this post will draw its share of dislike flags.

When the spam/abuse flags were still enabled, I constantly reminded people that flagging just to vent against a poster was a bad idea because a) this would force Kabam moderators to read the very post you were against and b) would cause you to eventually draw moderator warnings for abusing the flagging system. It was self-defeating to abuse the flags. It is similarly self-defeating to abuse the dislike flag, only now the moderators are free to ignore the flags. Some of my more controversial or disagreeable posts have no flags, and some of my posts with no disagreeable content have quite a few. That tells me the flags say nothing about the content of the post, or that I should care at all about the flags in general.

About the only piece of information content the flag contains is the profligacy of flagging. That makes it an interesting psychology experiment, but not much else. In that context, I will say that soon after the flags came out I conjectured that one of the psychological impulses that the dislike flag would trigger was the desire to contribute to

Community:

I was once told by someone on an online game forum that they specifically appreciated my posts because they were far more palatable than the posts of a certain poster they hated on the forums of the previous game they played. When they identified the poster by handle, I realized the poster they were complaining about was me. I was posting on both forums at the same time, in the same writing style (which I don't try to disguise or anything), and literally talking about the same topics just in the two different games. The only thing I didn't do was explicitly out myself on either forum. And yet a single person formed a completely different mental picture from my posts in two different venues.

People are going to judge you based on criteria you don't know, and may not ever even understand. All you can do is represent yourself to the best degree possible in your posts, and let the rest take care of itself.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yo can someone hit me up with some disagrees on this comment? I feel left out.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Yo can someone hit me up with some disagrees on this comment? I feel left out.

There you go. 🤪
  • Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50

Community:

I think that would be great and allow people to remove their unintentional or intentional bias for a bit. However some people post with a certain tone; be it condescending, or full of a lot of words with no point behind them, so they would be easy to identify.
    Or others like the point DNA3000 made would be harder to identify.

Also side note, I have been off the forums for awhile, what does the Points system mean and how does it affect the user? I saw a post on it a while ago but still not 100% sure.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    As a Guardian, this thread is fun lol.
    Pony_boy said:

Also side note, I have been off the forums for awhile, what does the Points system mean and how does it affect the user? I saw a post on it a while ago but still not 100% sure.

Still completely cosmetic. The star rating is based on positive points. Has no effect on the poster beyond that as far as I'm aware.

I solute the OP for setting this up he took a lot of disagrees

Your welcome. Not going to lie, I kinda saw all the hate between people on facts. There really is no way to disagree with a fact.
    edited July 2019

Your welcome. Not going to lie, I kinda saw all the hate between people on facts. There really is no way to disagree with a fact.
    If something is a fact u could still disagree
    I’d have to be a total *****************
    Also why do u think everything u say is factual

There really is no way to disagree with a fact.

There are as many ways to disagree with a fact as there are users on the internet. And then some.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

Tell me, how does someone logically disagree with another commenting on what they have in their Roster? Happened to me on several occasions. Let's be real here. It's just spammed.
    Djkrdjj said:

Ok first, that was so hard to read with blocked cuss words and no punctuation. Second I guess you can disagree with a fact but it would kind of be pointless as facts normally don't change. Third I never said anything I say is factual, I said I've seen people argue over factual things.

Djkrdjj said:

Tell me, how does someone logically disagree with another commenting on what they have in their Roster? Happened to me on several occasions. Let's be real here. It's just spammed.
    U could still disagree
    Like I said u would have to be.a ************
    It’s like flat earthers
    We have scientific fact that the earth is round yet they still find a way to disagree
    So technically u could
This discussion has been closed.