**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A-5 Progression trouble...

A few weeks ago I bashed maestro ten feet into the ground and I’m now on act 5, trouble is, i can’t even get past the first quest on it because of that cheeky degenerating and I’m really just stuck...#nooblivesmatter

Comments

• J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 269 ★★
    Oh...I nearly forgot: can anyone be a legend and tell me how to get past the quest
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    remind me, isn't 5.1.1 with the node where you degen, but you also steal life whenever you hit??
    Just parry-hit-hit-hit-hit-parry and repeat
  • @J4mmy_d0dger123 So you're stuck on 5.1.1. Ahhh, the Flare node. Alright, 1st things 1st, can you send some screenshots of your top champs? High damage champs tend to make that particular node easier. The general gist of getting through is hitting hard, and fast. If you happen to have a Gulk, he might be helpful in combating the Degen. Also helps to have some health pots stocked up and ready just incase you take a little too long to beat them down. That way you can potion up before the next fight.
    Yeah I’ll send you it
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I love Flare node. I used Wasp, who could parry and heavy just a few times to take out each champ. Try to use the class advantage in your favor, too.

There you go Sirius break
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

There you go Sirius break

Yeah, that's not enough. You need a few of those at 3-45/5-50. And from the PI I can infer that you must voor not have the best mastery setup.

My advice: 100% A4. You will come across a lot of hard nodes for your champs, which should help you hone your skills. By the time you are done, your skills an champs will probably be up to par.
    Thanks Marie-12 you’re a legend!
  • Yeah, I concur. Go back and explore Act 4 to progress a bit more. Nice 5* CAIW though!! @J4mmy_d0dger123 he's one of my favorites to use currently. He's my 1st R5 5* champ. Well worth investing in. You'll stack more champs and get a few ranked up to a more useful state. Then you'll find Act 5 much more manageable. Keep on the keeping on!!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    jkcjmiji said:

remind me, isn't 5.1.1 with the node where you degen, but you also steal life whenever you hit??
    Just parry-hit-hit-hit-hit-parry and repeat

5.1 has Flare which does self degen but boosts your own damage +300%. You're thinking of Life Transfer which I believe shows up in 5.4.

Two mitigators to Flare are class advantage which reduces the damage and champs that can heal since I believe the degen is (without class advantage) 100% over 60 seconds, so it can be healed back in theory.

The Queen of Flare is Rogue. Rogue has life steal in SP1 and the +300% damage boosts her heal by 300% as well. It is borderline ridiculous.
  • deadly316deadly316 Posts: 52
    https://youtu.be/GUF1Rny-cF4

The above link might help you, definitely need higher pi champions atleast 4* max out in easy path. Also alot of other video for chapter 5 and act tips and advice given by player's.
    Best of luck
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Nah those champs should be enough for 5.1.1 just use class advantage for every fight
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Honestly, the flare node was easy for me, I'm just getting stuck on the rest of Chapter 1 right now. Trick with 1.1 is to Hit as much as you can without getting hit yourself. Sad to say though that you'll probably need a little more oomph in those champs than you have right now. Heavy hitters/high health champs are key. You may be able to do it now though, though it would take skill.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★

A few weeks ago I bashed maestro ten feet into the ground and I’m now on act 5, trouble is, i can’t even get past the first quest on it because of that cheeky degenerating and I’m really just stuck...#nooblivesmatter

I think I used VTD and just stacked some regen
    edited July 2019
    As I stated earlier, I think you need a little more oomph in your champs or maybe a rework on your Masteries might help, but I completely disagree with people that are saying you need 5/50s or 3/45s. I finished this quest with three 4/40s, a 2/25 and a 3/30. No regen champs or any that have some kind of advantage with this node.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Etjama said:

As I stated earlier, I think you need a little more oomph in your champs or maybe a rework on your Masteries might help, but I completely disagree with people that are saying you need 5/50s or 3/45s. I finished this quest with three 4/40s, a 2/25 and a 3/30. No regen champs or any that have some kind of advantage with this node.

I think it is safe to say that any player that gets immediately roadblocked on 5.1 shortly after completing Act 4 and is asking for help on the forums is likely to be among the players for whom having a stronger roster would be extremely valuable, if not literally necessary.
    DNA3000 said:

Etjama said:

I think it is safe to say that any player that gets immediately roadblocked on 5.1 shortly after completing Act 4 and is asking for help on the forums is likely to be among the players for whom having a stronger roster would be extremely valuable, if not literally necessary.
    Yes, a stronger roster is necessary as I said. But that doesn't mean 5/50s and 3/45s are. If @J4mmy_d0dger123 got through Act 4 with that roster, then an extra 4/40 along with a rank up on that Night Thrasher should make this a cakewalk.