**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First marvel comic you ever read

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
So as a marvel fan I used to read a bit of comics. My first marvel comic I ever read was Spider-Man. What about everyone else?

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The Spider-Man one vs the Vulture when Peter had a gadget that broke Vultures wings, but then he fixed the vulnerability in jail and eventually knocked peter off a building and broke his arm.

It was either that one or the one with the Fantastic 4 where on the cover he is in the Baxter Building in a glass cylinder
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298
    edited July 2019
    The unbelievable gwenpool. Was an amazing comic, I loved every issue.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    The Rawhide Kid was my first Marvel comic. Yes they did cowboy comics back in the day. Super Hero wise though it was Spider-Man. I have every PPTS and Web of Spider-Man and also quite a bit of The Amazing Spider-Man.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Transformers UK #49; final part of Dinobot Hunt and some random Iron Man reprint from the US as back-up with Doc Ock as the villain.

Superhero wise, it was X-Men Vol 2 #12 from 1992. 3 issues later, I get thrown in the deep end with X-Cutioner's Song part 3, meeting Stryfe, Cable, X-Force, X-Factor, Apocalypse, Mr Sinister and a buncha other X-Men. Spent years tracking down parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12.
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    The original Dark Pheonix Saga. My father lent me his comics, and he had those at the top of the pile, so those were the first I read.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Amazing Spider-man #129. First Punisher issue. I took it from my uncle when I was 5 because of the old school spider-man cartoon show on TV. I read through it so many times that day.

My uncle gave it to me before he passed away as he reminded me it was the first comic I ever read. I didn't even know he kept it for so long. I sent it out to be graded at a 8.5. That book will die with me.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Mine was marvel presents no 1. Had 3 or 4 separate stories inside but the main one was about wolverine. Immediately hooked and it was only 7 or 8 years old
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

The Amazing Spider-Man #1: Spider-Man Meets the Fantastic Four
    March 1963

It had been from my dad's old collection of comics in a crate he'd kept in our basement along with a lot of others. He had some old Star Wars ones in there too, but that was the first Marvel Superhero one I read. I really have no idea where it is anymore.

Same here. That comic I showed was one of a series of 130 or so. I had the whole set. Then when I joined the army my mom put them in storage but shes known to have bad taste in life partners so long story short i lost the whole set along with my extremely loved coin collection. Which was small but growing rapidly.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    The Sentry #2 2000. I was about 5-6 when it came out and I loved it (my parents helped me read it).Very underrated comic book.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    The Amazing Spider-Man vs the Punisher.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Some Spider-Man one
    By Brian Michael bendis
    Ultimate Spider-Man? I think
    It was the one about peter Parker in the ultimates universe
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I don't know if it was the first, but the first I remember was buying X-Men 25 in the early 90s. That had the little holograph pick on the cover.

I believe that's when Magneto ripped Wolverine's adamantium skeleton out when they were on Astroid M.

I didn't continue reading comics from them. Stopped and picked it up again in college. (that's when Morrison was finishing his run on the X-Men) and then I stopped again when I moved out of the country for vet school and started again when I got back in 2011.
  • My dad was really into comics as a kid so I remember him getting me into comics pretty early. Since I don't remember the first one I read (it was probably Spider-Man), it'd be easier to share the first comic I owned.

I remember getting Fantastic Four Special Edition #1 (1985): "Sub-Mariner Vs. The Human Race!" one year for my birthday. It was a nice 52-page comic, and had special posters of the Four and Namor that I'm glad I didn't remove from the book.

Even since then, I've been collecting comics, and now I work on a desk covered in the first issues of Deadpool, Moon Knight, and other characters I really enjoy.
  • Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    Spawn #1
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Fantastic Four and X-men. Tried finding and reading as much of the earliest FF4 I possibly could. Owned a ton of them. My favorite was the white embossed cover that had a Red alternate version. #371 1992.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I don't remember exactly what one it was but it was a Xmen comic.
  • X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.

It was very dark, and a lot of the very evident metaphors went over my 6 year old at the time, but I've read it many times since, and it's probably one of the Comic Books stories that have stuck with me since then.

It wasn't until House of M/Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming that I found a series I liked even more than this one.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.

It was very dark, and a lot of the very evident metaphors went over my 6 year old at the time, but I've read it many times since, and it's probably one of the Comic Books stories that have stuck with me since then.

It wasn't until House of M/Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming that I found a series I liked even more than this one.

You read that when you were 6?? Damn
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I must of been 10-11 years old, when all of my family where invited to dinner at my fathers boss house.

His son, he must of been 20 years old was collecting Comic Books. He had hundreds, maybe a few thousand comic books, on shelves in his basement.

I dont remember which comic I read, but i probably read about 10 comics that night.

As a kid this was probably one of my favorite night growing up. Following this night, I started a collection of my own, and never looked backed.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I can’t remember the first Marvel comic that I read. But I do remember having the entire set of Spider-Man comics, where Peter is in possession of the symbiote suit after his stint on the Beyonder’s battle world, during the first Secret Wars.

I also had every single Spider-Man comic that feature Venom that Todd McFarland (the Spawn artist) drew. Those were awesome.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    The very first Marvel comic I read has been lost to time, but I do recall that the first Marvel comic I purchased myself was an early Claremont X-Men, I think it was probably this one, or something very close to it:

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.

God Loves, Man Kills was to me the high point of comic book narrative until the Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen came out a few years later. I still think it is one of the best X-Men stories ever written.
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    I started later in life around 19-20 so my first is a bit more modern. I was always a Marvel fan, I just never read the comics it was always TV/Games/Movies.

I ended up deciding on Marvel Zombies Vol 1 as my first buy and I have not been able to stop since.

The recent announcement of Zombies coming back in October has been very exciting, kinda like going back to my roots a bit.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Finally found the cover art for both of the two. I read both of these so many times when I was little

Seems like @Kabam Vydious and myself share some comic book background
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Probably some random Garfield comic in a Sunday paper, but in all honesty Fantastic Four #1
  • Clinton2111Clinton2111 Posts: 130
    The first one I read was 'The Thanos Quest (1990)' which follows Thanos in getting the 6 infinity stones and is the prequel to Jim Starlings 6 Issue Infinity Gauntlet storyline.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    The earliest I can remember is an Xmen where most of the Xmen are captured by the hellfire club, Jean is trapped in an illusion created by mastermind and Wolvy scares the heck outta a hellfire club goon in the tunnels below the building.

I'm lucky enough to still have my collection which started in the early '90s, I stopped maybe 15 years later and there are probably 7 or 800 in total.

I was getting them from the USA because in Australia, they were all reprints done locally, months behind and most of the special covers were not reproduced. The postage was a killer though.