**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars - Defense Tactics and Rewards Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• What level of rewards would be satisfactory for those saying they aren't better? Lots of negative remarks but zero suggestions besides the victory/defeat crystal.

Considering the cost and difficulty, they should be better then a month of AQ, which they aren't.
    We're very interested in hearing more about this, but could use some more information. In a month of AQ, what are you running? Is it 5x7 every series? Additonally, those don't include any 5 or 6-Star Shards, but is that something you are interested in or is that not something you worry about?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I can see where plat 3 and above alliances would find the rewards underwhelming but personally I like the changes. Gives me more rewards without additional stress to push. My alliance can still push to get better rewards from AQ while cruising through plat4/gold1.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★

What level of rewards would be satisfactory for those saying they aren't better? Lots of negative remarks but zero suggestions besides the victory/defeat crystal.

Simple. Have tiers of season crystals just like aq. As far as victory/loss crystals, get rid of arena boosts and up potion/revives amounts and tiers.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

What level of rewards would be satisfactory for those saying they aren't better? Lots of negative remarks but zero suggestions besides the victory/defeat crystal.

Considering the cost and difficulty, they should be better then a month of AQ, which they aren't.
    We're very interested in hearing more about this, but could use some more information. In a month of AQ, what are you running? Is it 5x7 every series? Additonally, those don't include any 5 or 6-Star Shards, but is that something you are interested in or is that not something you worry about?
    He’s right about the rewards. We run 9/15 map 7 possible in a week. Some weeks 5x7. And earn aw rewards in a week. Not including shards or loyalty. But we need more rank up resources to accommodate the massive amount of champs in the game.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

Ye but the shards don’t seem insane unless the war to war rewards increase a lot
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

My alliance prefers A month of AQ rewards (running 76666). For us it’s more about T5B and T2A the 5 and 6* shards. Focusing on AQ and cruising through, What will be platinum 4 gives us a nice efficient means of progression with minimal to no stress. Of course it will be different for other alliances but I for one applaud the aw reward changes. Only thing we’re looking for is an increase in glory and loyalty
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

That's not helpful. What is better.. In your mind. AQ rewards are wide ranging and you can't get 5/6* shards which something the community claims Kabam didn't increase.
    Kobster84 said:

Decrease the minimum of t2a t5b in the war season crystals reward difference in them is ridiculous possibly also increase the amount of shards thinking in terms of 6*
    So the new plat 3 rewards has 1000 more 6* shards for season plus the individual rewards which haven't been announced yet. And you get a full T2A for plat 3 now... How is not much better than before?

Kobster84 said:

Decrease the minimum of t2a t5b in the war season crystals reward difference in them is ridiculous possibly also increase the amount of shards thinking in terms of 6*
    So the new plat 3 rewards has 1000 more 6* shards for season plus the individual rewards which haven't been announced yet. And you get a full T2A for plat 3 now... How is not much better than before?
    Because of the massive increase difficulty since season 9
    Jestress said:

Fair enough. Let me paint a picture for you, which is what upsets me the most about the rewards.

You are a member in an alliance. Your alliance plays alliance war seasons, trying to rank well so you can get the "season rewards." You participate, burn items, maybe more than your alliance members, but you all win or lose together. At the end of the season, you place in Platinum 3 and get your "alliance season crystals."

You pop your crystals (5). Because the crystals are RNG based, you get a total of 12,500 t2a frags when your alliance member forms two full t2a based on their pulls.

Why, if you all played together all season in the same wars, against the same opponents, etc, are season rewards based on RNG? The only "buff" they gave to the crystal was increase maximum amount of resources you can on an RNG pull. You still have the chance of receiving the exact same rewards that we have already been receiving, but instead they use words like "buff" which are masked behind RNG.

There should be no RNG in season rewards. Flat rewards. Period.
    This is a perfectly legit way to put it. And I'm with you since ive been on the losing end of those crystals. I do feel the compensated a bit with the increase in the static rewards. Plat 3 currently is only 9k T2A for season but will become a full T2A next season. Increased T5B as well.

I personally feel that now those crystals are just gravy but feel they should be less RNG and wide ranging.
    Pepeql said:

at least 50% of t5cc should be implemented considering the new difficulty, but hey, kabam plans are to release $100 offer for 25% t5cc before AW season ends so you literally gain the same without doing any effort than spend some bucks for them!
    Absolutely not. That's too much, too quick for those new resources.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Since the introduction of the new map, war has become much more expensive. I’m in a tier 4 ally - the amount of deaths and potions used increased massively compared to the old map.
    I would agree that rewards for war doesn’t have to be more than what can be earned in other areas of the game but the proposed rewards compared to the increased difficulty/cost seems negatively disproportionate for the players, especially as it will become even more difficult with the introduction of defence tactics.
    War was one of the most enjoyable game modes but it’s become draining and expensive.
    Imo Kabam should be looking to make the map a bit easier, not more difficult.
    Also as many people have already said, the range of RNG in the war season crystals is ridiculous and should be addressed.

Also, why not make all of the war boosts permanently available in the loyalty store and reduce the cost of them to 7000 loyalty or something.

• battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★

Pepeql said:

at least 50% of t5cc should be implemented considering the new difficulty, but hey, kabam plans are to release $100 offer for 25% t5cc before AW season ends so you literally gain the same without doing any effort than spend some bucks for them!
    Season 1 was basically a competition for the first people to get their second r5. That is what made it so damn exciting. It's why people cheated their asses off. The rewards meant you were going to be sweeter (have a deeper top end roster) than your competition.
    Now that Kabam has a lot of the cheating stuff in check, I would like to see that exhilirating challenge again for the first r3 6*s. 50% in little pieces of 6 classes, really isn't "too much" when compared to this precedent in season 1.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I’m generally okay with the rewards, knowing that we should see an increase in win/loss shards, which should bolster the slightly lacking 5 and 6 star shards( looking from a gold 1 perspective). My only gripe is the change from a T4CC Crystal in gold 1 to a 2% T5CC Crystal in Platinum 4. I’m at a level where I do need more shards but T4CC is going to be much more useful than the T5CC(considering I believe my alliance may fall in Plat 4). I just feel that the T4CC should carry through to certainly Plat 4, even beyond as it will be more useful to players in this bracket who more than likely will not be getting a R3 6 star when they are still trying to grow a R4 roster
    battleone said:

Pepeql said:

Season 1 was basically a competition for the first people to get their second r5. That is what made it so damn exciting. It's why people cheated their asses off. The rewards meant you were going to be sweeter (have a deeper top end roster) than your competition.
    Now that Kabam has a lot of the cheating stuff in check, I would like to see that exhilirating challenge again for the first r3 6*s. 50% in little pieces of 6 classes, really isn't "too much" when compared to this precedent in season 1.
    Ye have to agree here t5b had only just been added and you could get massive amounts if you were in a plat ally and above
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Fair enough. Let me paint a picture for you, which is what upsets me the most about the rewards.

You are a member in an alliance. Your alliance plays alliance war seasons, trying to rank well so you can get the "season rewards." You participate, burn items, maybe more than your alliance members, but you all win or lose together. At the end of the season, you place in Platinum 3 and get your "alliance season crystals."

You pop your crystals (5). Because the crystals are RNG based, you get a total of 12,500 t2a frags when your alliance member forms two full t2a based on their pulls.

Why, if you all played together all season in the same wars, against the same opponents, etc, are season rewards based on RNG? The only "buff" they gave to the crystal was increase maximum amount of resources you can on an RNG pull. You still have the chance of receiving the exact same rewards that we have already been receiving, but instead they use words like "buff" which are masked behind RNG.

There should be no RNG in season rewards. Flat rewards. Period.
    This is a perfectly legit way to put it. And I'm with you since ive been on the losing end of those crystals. I do feel the compensated a bit with the increase in the static rewards. Plat 3 currently is only 9k T2A for season but will become a full T2A next season. Increased T5B as well.

I personally feel that now those crystals are just gravy but feel they should be less RNG and wide ranging.
    Agreed that there's a bit of compensation with the static rewards, but the new range on the season crystals really creates an uneven rewards system with really no purpose at all. Theoretically one person can pull 5 T2A and another can pull 7,500 T2A shards. That's just not cool. I too have been on the losing side of these crystals and it's uber disappointing when you fight all season long to be done dirty like that.
    Yeah I've gotten 5k T5B pretty standard every season. Mostly get the bare minimum T2A. Even though I like the change in rewards, I'm pretty burnt out on AW.

I run 7*5 top 20. For a month of AQ I get:
    From Rank rewards:
    20k t5b
    100k t2a
    11200 glory

From daily map rewards I get:
    18000 t5b
    18000 t2a
    15 map 7 crystals

From Peak Milestones I get:
    28 map 7 crystals
    64 map 6 crystals
    13600 glory

From Glory I get:
    108800 t5b

In total that equals:
    48800 t5b
    118000 t2a
    43 7 crystals
    64 map 6 crystals

Pretty sure that's correct. Add the t2a and t5b from the crystals and AQ is by far the better mode of game play.

And crystal shards aren't really worth that much. 90% of the champs are worthless to me and i can sleep walk to top 10% in the featured 5* arena so that doesn't really do it for me either.
    The majority of the community isnt getting these type of rewards though.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Great point @Ironman3000. It doesn't even compare. With the challenges of act 6 and gates the only solution is a lot more 5 and 6 star shards. At least enough to form a basic crystal for all platinum rewards. Also, if you don't increase the t5CC to at least 25-50% in the rewards there is no incentive to push. Otherwise I will just wait at my level AQ map 77666 to do critical rankups.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    The distribution in season rewards is rather odd. I don't see a lot of difference between masters and P4. So either fight for top 3, or slack off and make sure you make a platinum bracket? For those upper level alliances that have been taking it easy this season, I don't see how the new rewards will lure them back in. T2A and T5B are coming in through AQ right now. So really the incentive is an extra 2-4% of a T5CC and a few extra crystal shards. Likely not going to cut it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I run 7*5 top 20. For a month of AQ I get:
    From Rank rewards:
    20k t5b
    100k t2a
    11200 glory

From daily map rewards I get:
    18000 t5b
    18000 t2a
    15 map 7 crystals

From Peak Milestones I get:
    28 map 7 crystals
    64 map 6 crystals
    13600 glory

From Glory I get:
    108800 t5b

In total that equals:
    48800 t5b
    118000 t2a
    43 7 crystals
    64 map 6 crystals

Pretty sure that's correct. Add the t2a and t5b from the crystals and AQ is by far the better mode of game play.

And crystal shards aren't really worth that much. 90% of the champs are worthless to me and i can sleep walk to top 10% in the featured 5* arena so that doesn't really do it for me either.
    The majority of the community isnt getting these type of rewards though.
    The majority aren't pushing for P2-Masters finishes in war either
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    It’s a shame that the rewards for the absolute top alliances are ridiculously insane, yeah it makes sense, as in the top and best should get the best, but everyone knows they get into tons of shifty things and just get away with it; rewarded with ridiculous amounts.

Such a shame.

It’s a shame that the rewards for the absolute top alliances are ridiculously insane, yeah it makes sense, as in the top and best should get the best, but everyone knows they get into tons of shifty things and just get away with it; rewarded with ridiculous amounts.

Such a shame.

I’m sorry but the reward updates seem to be more friendly to lower alliances especially as the higher alliances have to deal with defense tactics
  • PepeqlPepeql Posts: 24

Such a shame.

wrong, actually rewards were way buffed for lower tiers than top3 according what they will get now!