**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks you to the whales.

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
Thanks to you our beloved mcoc is growing better and better every year. Keep spending! I’m not a huge spender but I do spend.

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I’m positively sure they would be gaining more income if they run ads. Just once per log in and then press x and kabam get money for it
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

roberto94 said:

I’m positively sure they would be gaining more income if they run ads. Just once per log in and then press x and kabam get money for it

The problem with ads is that even when they are 100% opt-in, they are a disengaging force in the game. You might get extra revenue from it, but it is often difficult to measure the damage you do to your playerbase by doing it until the effects are large enough to be irreversible.
    TRUE
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    They added 3 ads once a day to their other game for a total of 15 energon or units in that game. They also added one ad you ca watch every 4 hours for 12 mission energy. That game runs just fine. Why cant they implement that here?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Ads are distracting and take u out of the game. I am here to play the game. If i want to watch ads i will turn on the television to basic cable. IF they ever add ads to the game I hope they have a way to opt out even if it costs 5 bucks a month. Otherwise, I for one will quit and play an ad-free game.
    Im sure this topic about ads would get more responses if it was in the title. You may want to consider a new thread about ads if that was your intended topic @Ahitlaw
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Neotwism said:

Im sure this topic about ads would get more responses if it was in the title. You may want to consider a new thread about ads if that was your intended topic @Ahitlaw

This topic is a thank you to whales and recognition of how much MCOC has improved(especially this past year) talking about ads in hopes to improve the game even more seems perfectly okay to me. Perhaps you should let the mods do their jobs,if they have an issue with what we are talking about they’ll let it be known.

Edit: if that sounded rude apologies was not intended to be.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Nooo
    Ads suck
    Maybe would consider it if it was like you could watch an ad for a free energy refill or small energy refill
    @Ahitlaw No need to get offended. My comment was just trying to get u more interaction if the ads part was your intended topic. I was just trying to help.
    Djkrdjj said:

Nooo
    Ads suck
    Maybe would consider it if it was like you could watch an ad for a free energy refill or small energy refill

Ads do suck but for units or energy I think they would be amazing
    Neotwism said:

@Ahitlaw No need to get offended. My comment was just trying to get u more interaction if the ads part was your intended topic. I was just trying to help.

That’s why I edited my comment wasn’t intended to be rude buddy I’m sorry
    Lainua said:

I never been whale but did spend and sometimes I regret about it.

I don’t have others thing to do in free time. MCOC is only thing in this world that entertains me.

Hey me too!
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Ads would def turn me off. I see it as I spend plenty of money in the game to not have to watch ads. There is a reason I pay extra on some steaming services for no ads and I spend a lot more then that in game over the years
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Nonono
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Thank you whales
  • WîndšpäveWîndšpäve Posts: 297
    Ads would be the thing to make me finally quit this game. Kabam gets enough complaints already, I don’t think implementing ads into the game would help in any way
    Sounds like ads wouldn’t be a very good idea then since It would affect a large number of the community. But still,whales keep this game going and changing. If you really love this game then invest to keep it going and growing,show support. Just don’t break yourselves :)
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I’m just here to say ads are a bad idea.
  • Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50
    Neotwism said:

Ads would cause me to leave the game. I hate dealing with ads and avoid it whenever possible.

I agree so much with this. I would delete the game and post negative reviews on every gaming site on the interwebs. I even hate the stupid pop ups that are constant in the game. I don’t want or need to purchase an overpriced deal when I open a crystal or complete a daily class cat EQ.

I would actually pay a monthly subscription to do away with the pop ups. $5 a month and no pop ups with 5 Units a day, or $50 for a whole year of no pop ups. But Kabam would more likely charge more for the yearly subscription than the monthly one with the way they like to suck their customers dry.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Pony_boy said:

Neotwism said:

Ads would cause me to leave the game. I hate dealing with ads and avoid it whenever possible.

I agree so much with this. I would delete the game and post negative reviews on every gaming site on the interwebs. I even hate the stupid pop ups that are constant in the game. I don’t want or need to purchase an overpriced deal when I open a crystal or complete a daily class cat EQ.

I would actually pay a monthly subscription to do away with the pop ups. $5 a month and no pop ups with 5 Units a day, or $50 for a whole year of no pop ups. But Kabam would more likely charge more for the yearly subscription than the monthly one with the way they like to suck their customers dry.
    Stay gold.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Djkrdjj said:

Nooo
    Ads suck

Ads do suck but for units or energy I think they would be amazing
    Not for units
    But for energy fine
    I would only like ads if I wasn’t forced to watch them

Pony_boy said:

Neotwism said:

Stay gold.
    I love that book/movie!
  • Pony_boyPony_boy Posts: 50

Pony_boy said:

Neotwism said:

Stay gold.
    Gotta get even with the Socs.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    Wales? Whales?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Please tell you guys are joking about these don't give them any ideas smh
    Zuro said:

Please tell you guys are joking about these don't give them any ideas smh

Just a discussion calm down booboo 😘
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I hate getting those unit deals that pop up after opening a few crystals and after completing quests. Ads would be 10x worse