**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Alliance Wars - Defense Tactics and Rewards Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It’s a shame that the rewards for the absolute top alliances are ridiculously insane, yeah it makes sense, as in the top and best should get the best, but everyone knows they get into tons of shifty things and just get away with it; rewarded with ridiculous amounts.

Such a shame.

Those are definitely not insane considering what it takes to finish there at all
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Not to step on anyone's suggestions or feedback, but I will make a quick note on the comparison of AQ and AW. One is not supposed to better the other. They're not replacements for each other. Two totally different game modes, different Reward structures. Progress in the game comes with doing as many areas as possible and it all goes into the pool. AQ, EQ, War, Arena, Story, etc. It's moldable because people can focus on what they choose, but War is not intended to entice people away from AQ. Nor vice versa. They're both game modes that will need to be run if maximum progress is the goal. I hear the suggestions about Ranking materials. I won't dispute that if that's what people are asking for. I will point out that these are the highest level Resources we're talking about, so it will take the longest to accumulate. More so when R3 6*s come. The higher the Rank and Rarity, the longer it will take. There is always room for improvement, but overall I see progress being made simply because there is more to gain. Plus, it's cumulative over time. They will add up. I don't debate anyone's suggestions. I just wanted to point out that there isn't really supposed to be a comparison. Two different modes that have different competitive natures, and different Reward structures.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    The problem with the rewards is like a lot of things the difficulty inflation vs rewards inflation does not seem to line up. The balance between the prize and the challenge should be lined up or else thing begin to feel tedious which is what is happening right now... especially with AW.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

It’s a shame that the rewards for the absolute top alliances are ridiculously insane, yeah it makes sense, as in the top and best should get the best, but everyone knows they get into tons of shifty things and just get away with it; rewarded with ridiculous amounts.

Such a shame.

Those are definitely not insane considering what it takes to finish there at all
    You mean tanking all off season, then beating up on weaker alliances?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Such a shame.

Ye but here’s the thing if your a gold 2 ally it’s about 10 times easier then a plat 2 war
    Dtl7714 said:

Such a shame.

Dtl7714 said:

Such a shame.

We didn't face a single tanking alliance last offseason and we weren't tanking either bc people wanted to get 6* shards
    edited July 2019
    NinjAlan said:

Not to step on anyone's suggestions or feedback, but I will make a quick note on the comparison of AQ and AW. One is not supposed to better the other. They're not replacements for each other. Two totally different game modes, different Reward structures. Progress in the game comes with doing as many areas as possible and it all goes into the pool. AQ, EQ, War, Arena, Story, etc. It's moldable because people can focus on what they choose, but War is not intended to entice people away from AQ. Nor vice versa. They're both game modes that will need to be run if maximum progress is the goal. I hear the suggestions about Ranking materials. I won't dispute that if that's what people are asking for. I will point out that these are the highest level Resources we're talking about, so it will take the longest to accumulate. More so when R3 6*s come. The higher the Rank and Rarity, the longer it will take. There is always room for improvement, but overall I see progress being made simply because there is more to gain. Plus, it's cumulative over time. They will add up. I don't debate anyone's suggestions. I just wanted to point out that there isn't really supposed to be a comparison. Two different modes that have different competitive natures, and different Reward structures.

So let me get this straight. Two game modes, both competitive between alliances ranking, that both give rank up materials shouldn't be compared? Particularly when one is significantly more expensive with lesser rewards?

Yes. One involves playing the same Maps and placing based on Points. Rewards include Glory and other Rewards like Crystals. Which allows people to purchase the Rewards they want. It's a static system that's played every week with very little variables.
    The other involves playing against other Alliances in a Win/Loss scenario which gives Rewards based on that, plus Points towards added Rewards for the Season.
    Both contribute to overall progress, but neither one is designed to replace the other. That may be what people prefer focusing on, but they're very different game modes.
    Which I'm quite happy with bc I'm done with caring about AW and the worse the rewards are, the more likely my alliance will feel the same way and I don't need to find another one

NinjAlan said:

So let me get this straight. Two game modes, both competitive between alliances ranking, that both give rank up materials shouldn't be compared? Particularly when one is significantly more expensive with lesser rewards?

Yes. One involves playing the same Maps and placing based on Points. Rewards include Glory and other Rewards like Crystals. Which allows people to purchase the Rewards they want. It's a static system that's played every week with very little variables.
    The other involves playing against other Alliances in a Win/Loss scenario which gives Rewards based on that, plus Points towards added Rewards for the Season.
    Both contribute to overall progress, but neither one is designed to replace the other. That may be what people prefer focusing on, but they're very different game modes.
    Which means that AW is the more difficult mode and yet somehow has worse rewards
    Difficult is relative. Depends on where you're playing, what you're running with, what your goals are, how hard you're pushing, etc. Can't always be the best in all modes. That's where choice comes in.

NinjAlan said:

Which means that AW is the more difficult mode and yet somehow has worse rewards
    Difficult is relative. Depends on where you're playing, what you're running with, what your goals are, how hard you're pushing, etc. Can't always be the best in all modes. That's where choice comes in.
    Top tier AQ is MUCH easier than top tier AW.
    edited July 2019

NinjAlan said:

So that would mean the choice is to focus on AQ and let the cards fall where they do in War.
    Kobster84 said:

NinjAlan said:

So that would mean the choice is to focus on AQ and let the cards fall where they do in War.
    So you just proved the point an aspect of the game shouldn’t be let fall behind
    No. I proved the point that people choose how hard they go in what game mode.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Can you guys find a way to filter out inactive alliances when it comes to tiers ? Maybe even drop alliances down 3-4 tiers if they didn’t participate in the previous season. When tiers are based on rating and go by percentage, if 25% of alliances in tier 1-5 are inactive or dead it drops active alliances down a few tiers making them lose a good multiplier.

By dropping tiers for alliances who shell each season this would put an end to that and also put alliances where they actually stand in relation to other active alliances. It is really obvious when you fight a war and look at your opponent who shows gold 1 season 8 when we are in season 10. The integrity of the competition is at stake and should be the main focus.

Tanking and shelling need to be stopped, as it’s an obvious loophole exploit. I’m not against running off seasons at a relaxed pace, just against the blatant tanking and shelling going on.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★

Kobster84 said:

NinjAlan said:

So you just proved the point an aspect of the game shouldn’t be let fall behind
    No. I proved the point that people choose how hard they go in what game mode.
    It’s a shame that even when you present facts and logic people still dismiss what you say. I agree the two are different game modes and shouldn’t be comparable in terms of rewards. If an alliance wants to lessen their spending and/or frustration then they should find the appropriate balance between the game modes. If they insist with being in the top tier in every game mode they have to know that comes at a cost. It’s not up to kabam to balance a players gaming experience. It’s called personal responsibility
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Wether AQ and AW can be compared is probably irrelevant, the design and reward structure of all different modes in game should be set up so that alliances push has hard as they can to get as close to the top as possible.

AQ achieves this, my alliance moved from a 5x5, 7800 prestige alliance ranking top 350 to a 6x5, 9000 prestige ranking top 160 because it was deemed worth the effort.

Any mode that has alliances comparing effort with rewards misses the mark in my opinion.
    If the argument is that the stress and the work is too much, that's a matter of scaling back on a personal basis. The structures are set up so that no matter how hard someone pushes, they receive Rewards. The comparison comes from people choosing not to bother as much with War as AQ. Which is entirely fine if that's how they feel. What isn't part of the goals of War is to buy them back. People can choose to focus on what they feel is best for them. As Wakandas mentioned, if you want to push for top in both modes, stress is a part of it.
    DrZola said:

NinjAlan said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that @Worknprogress isn’t looking for game advice—and if he is, it’s likely going to be from players who have played at the highest levels. I don’t want to discourage dialogue, but it’s probably prudent to assume different level players have very different experiences. I wouldn’t deign to lecture top tier AW or AQ alliances on the game.

Dr. Zola
    That wasn't advice. It was a breakdown of how choice factors in within that situation.