**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No idea how to feel about this.

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
So I just opened my 2nd ever 5* crystal (my first was a Civil Warrior so I was hoping for a good pull.) and I get....

Never played her at all, and I’ve never really seen anything about her, positive or negative. I have a maxed 4* Dom and I wonder if it’s worth taking her up. Is she any good? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    She's middle of the road and can be quite fun to play, but I would not necessarily rank her that high. You'll pull a lot more 5-stars as you progress (I have more than 40 after 16 months playing, and several of those are duped), so you do not need to rank up every one you get. On the order of mutants, she is behind a lot of much better champs to rank up (Emma, Havok, AA, X-23, Domino, Iceman, Omega Red, etc).
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    She has good power control, she's not bad,though I hate the fact that she has 25% power reduction,otherwise she's pretty solid and can do stuff.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yeah pyslocke is certainly not bad and has great power manipulation
    Better than my Jane foster and captain Marvel
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    She can put in work in act 5, definitely not bad
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    2 very bad first pulls but there are sadly even worse characters to pull. Psylocke is at least middling tier. Do not put too many resources in her and hopefully your luck will change.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Not bad. IF you need Power control for a fight or boss you have that role covered. It can be really helpful to have a nice range of champs.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    I'm actually kind of a fan of Psylocke. Build to an SP1 after baiting their first SP1, then parry and special attack, and it'll put the opponent back at an SP1, and then drain then below, giving you a bar of power. Special again and they should have no power, and they'll be permanently power locked unless they have passive power gain or you get hit. This is a quick way to keep opponents with annoying specials from using them, making her good for Symbiote Spider-Man or especially Nick Fury. She's no Magik or duped Vision, but she can certainly be useful.
  • postsaverpostsaver Posts: 11
    Both are good champs. You have to start building your roster somehow...better than getting kmala khan or antman first.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

She has good power control, she's not bad,though I hate the fact that she has 25% power reduction,otherwise she's pretty solid and can do stuff.

I think with skillful play this isn't a big deal because on the flip side she can gain a bar of power every time she drains someone below a threshold of a bar. So while the target has power, you can be practically spamming SP1 and then once they are locked it doesn't matter as much that your own power gain is lower than normal. Or you can deliberately not lock them so they keep getting power which then fuels your own power.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    As what kabam Mike said. Second pull isn’t horrible. Played right she’s probably one of the best power control champs in the game. For a top tiered roster she won’t be used but for a early gamer. She’ll be great for you. Rank her up to help and you learn to use her well.

Civil warrior will help in a lot of instances also.
  • BoostergoldrulzBoostergoldrulz Posts: 150
    edited July 2019
    You know what? If you play well, you can win with any champ. People spray their pants over Ghost, Havok or some other champions, because they don't know how to fight with most other champions or don't want to use skill/work for the wins. Sure, there's champions like venompool that tend to have weak attack ratings, but kanam eventually buffs those characters to keep them viable. I like both civil warrior and psylocke; I hardly ever lose any fights with both of them and if I do lose it's usually my mistake. FYI: I have both, duped, as 5 star heroes, but primarily use them in the arenas.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Marri_2 said:

When you're just starting to build your 5-Star Roster, a Champ like this is a great one to have. Psylocke has Power Control and can even completely deny an opponent Power, and can do some big damage numbers with enough Psy Charges.

Civil Warrior as well. He's got a Heal Block on his Heavy Attack, and power drain on his Sp2.

She'll help you get the ball rolling on getting more and more 5-Star Shards. While it's discouraging not to get the "top champs" that everybody is always talking about, don't overlook other Champions and their potential!

This is true. Seatin's tier list, for example is a poison, because players only tend to look at the ridiculous labelled 'Beyond God Tier' and get discouraged that they don't have those champs, while the champs they have are actually pretty good for their progression level. I don't know where you are in solo content, but a R3 Psylocke and CW are not bad for A4. If you do get better champs but have to commit them to AQ/AW, they are decent B-team champs for simultaneous solo questing.
    To be fair to Seatin, he does make it a point to say his list is his personal evaluation and not everyone would agree, but I think the biggest problem with Seatin's list is the larger problem that a lot of people have lists, and those lists are mostly all linear. Every champ is either great, good, fair, or bad. But that's not how the game works. This game presents challenges that require different things, and champions good at certain things are not necessarily good at other things. Medusa is great as an attacker, but the vast majority of players trying to use her to grind through long map paths will end up burning a lot of potions or even units because she has no health recovery. X-23 is not as good of an attacker but far more sustainable. Blade is even moreso. But Blade is not so good against robot bosses that are bleed immune; Medusa can shut those down completely in most cases.

Even this is an oversimplification but you want a roster that has sustainable healing champs, power control champs, immunity champs, burst damage champs, heal block or reversal champs, nullifiers, and true strike or other evade countering champs. When you look at your roster, you shouldn't judge a champ like Psylocke in terms of her being an average champion among all champions, and not even as an average champ among power control champs. She's one of the few champions that offers strong power control. Out of a hundred plus champs, there's only a handful of champs better at power control. That makes her situationally interesting, and extremely valuable if you don't have one of those other champs, or if those other champs end up stuck in some other game mode.

There's a joke about a town that began to flood and everyone evacuated except one man. The police came to his door and asked him to leave, but he said he was staying because God would help him. The waters rose and surrounded his house and a man came by in a boat offering to take him to safety but he declined, saying God would help him. The waters completely flooded his house and he moved up to the roof. A helicopter flew by and saw him and offered to rescue him but again he declined saying God would save him. The waters continued to rise and the man drowned. When he got to heaven he met God and he asked him why he didn't help him. God replied "I sent a cop, a boat, and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

You can wait for God-tier help, or you can use what shows up and try to help yourself.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    I think she is pretty great.

You have one of the best power control champions in the game, as long as teh opponent doesnt have a natural power gain buff or a power gain node. When you have enough power for her sp1 wait till they are about to fill a bar and let the power drain the threshold between bars , this will automatically fill you back to sp1 and if they have less than 50% the first bar of pwer do the sp1 again and youll have them power locked the whole fight (as long as you dont get hit)

From there you just make your typical 5 hit combo, and you ll be gaining charges , when you are about to get to the sp3, throw the sp2 and you will power lock them and be back to almost 2 power bars, you can do a ot of sp2s almost back to back, and when you have more than 40 psy charges throw a heavy and BOOM .
  • WakalaWakala Posts: 46
    I duped her after almost a year looking for her, I actually use her a lot with archangel synergy 5% power gain with void and his sp1 and kilmonger as 1% healthy recover after each sp1 makes a great combination, it help me a lot after each fight void recovers about 10%/20% life only using sp1

So very good and useful to me
  • DNA3000 said:

Marri_2 said:

When you're just starting to build your 5-Star Roster, a Champ like this is a great one to have. Psylocke has Power Control and can even completely deny an opponent Power, and can do some big damage numbers with enough Psy Charges.

Civil Warrior as well. He's got a Heal Block on his Heavy Attack, and power drain on his Sp2.

She'll help you get the ball rolling on getting more and more 5-Star Shards. While it's discouraging not to get the "top champs" that everybody is always talking about, don't overlook other Champions and their potential!

This is true. Seatin's tier list, for example is a poison, because players only tend to look at the ridiculous labelled 'Beyond God Tier' and get discouraged that they don't have those champs, while the champs they have are actually pretty good for their progression level. I don't know where you are in solo content, but a R3 Psylocke and CW are not bad for A4. If you do get better champs but have to commit them to AQ/AW, they are decent B-team champs for simultaneous solo questing.
    To be fair to Seatin, he does make it a point to say his list is his personal evaluation and not everyone would agree, but I think the biggest problem with Seatin's list is the larger problem that a lot of people have lists, and those lists are mostly all linear. Every champ is either great, good, fair, or bad. But that's not how the game works. This game presents challenges that require different things, and champions good at certain things are not necessarily good at other things. Medusa is great as an attacker, but the vast majority of players trying to use her to grind through long map paths will end up burning a lot of potions or even units because she has no health recovery. X-23 is not as good of an attacker but far more sustainable. Blade is even moreso. But Blade is not so good against robot bosses that are bleed immune; Medusa can shut those down completely in most cases.

Even this is an oversimplification but you want a roster that has sustainable healing champs, power control champs, immunity champs, burst damage champs, heal block or reversal champs, nullifiers, and true strike or other evade countering champs. When you look at your roster, you shouldn't judge a champ like Psylocke in terms of her being an average champion among all champions, and not even as an average champ among power control champs. She's one of the few champions that offers strong power control. Out of a hundred plus champs, there's only a handful of champs better at power control. That makes her situationally interesting, and extremely valuable if you don't have one of those other champs, or if those other champs end up stuck in some other game mode.

There's a joke about a town that began to flood and everyone evacuated except one man. The police came to his door and asked him to leave, but he said he was staying because God would help him. The waters rose and surrounded his house and a man came by in a boat offering to take him to safety but he declined, saying God would help him. The waters completely flooded his house and he moved up to the roof. A helicopter flew by and saw him and offered to rescue him but again he declined saying God would save him. The waters continued to rise and the man drowned. When he got to heaven he met God and he asked him why he didn't help him. God replied "I sent a cop, a boat, and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

You can wait for God-tier help, or you can use what shows up and try to help yourself.
    Well said @DNA3000 . One of the things I like to say you mentioned in different words. 'Some champs are undoubtedly more useful than other champs, but there's no replacement for a well rounded roster.' It does take a plethora champs to really succeed in this game. There's no 1 perfect champ, and there's a reason people keep ranking up more champs. There's a reason people keep chasing more champs. The more options you have, the better.

It's not like they limit you to 1 champ per quest. They allow 3 to 5 (depending on the situation) to do a task. Sure, you can load up a single champ with a bunch of synergies and a specific mastery build to make them more useful. No doubt. Personally, I like to bring a well rounded squad to handle virtually anything in my path with relative ease vs sticking to 1 champ. That's me though. That's also why I find those posts doing champ comparisons as to 'who is better' to be a bit pointless. In some situations champ B outshines champ A, and in others it's vice versa.

@WardenZero Personally, I've always enjoyed using Psylocke. Her power control as previously mentioned is quite easily sustained. I love her animations. Her Psy-charges can do a solid amount of damage if loaded up properly. Check out this post by Mutamatt at 'The Class Advantage' in regards to Psylocke and her 'Happy Ending' which provides a nice calculator for damage with her Psy-Charges .

https://theclassadvantage.com/2019/05/23/psylocke-happy-ending-calculator/
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    She's not horrible. R3 worthy for sure. Her power control is only rivaled by magik. She would be good against hype in aq map5 if u can bait his specials fast enough. Play around with her. And cw isn't all that bad either. Both semi underrated
  • ThednessThedness Posts: 27
    Hey man, most of the champs have uses. Some are good in AQ, some as AW defenders, some as arena fodder, some as crucial synergy team members (looking at you mutant crit team). Psylocke has good power control. Heck, Civil Warrior has a pretty good power drain on his SP2. Neither has Regen so they are great for learning how to progress without taking damage. In fact, Psylocke rewards players who are not hit by building psi charges that can be detonated for significant damage.

I was very upset when I pulled my 6* Daredevil. But then a week later they introduced Darkhawk and he breezed through him as he isn't affected by invisible effects. He was also a great champ for fighting Invisible Woman.

You will find uses for your champs, of this I'm certain.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Marri_2 said:

Seatins tier list shows roughly which champs are better than others. If I have psylocke and colossus then by looking at his list I will commit to psylocke more than colussus. If I have nick fury and psylocke then I will likley invest in fury. If you are mislead by the tier list then thats on you, its pretty straightforward and isnt deceptive.
    Deceptive, no. I also wouldn't say it's a poison. It's somewhat of a gauge. However, it's only one person's view. The problem comes in with the degree of fanaticism that people look at it with. Many will go by it as tenet, and the danger in that lies in not relying on one's own findings. So many Champs can potentially be overlooked that way, and people don't take the time to get to know Champs themselves. His list, just like any other Reviews, should always be looked at with an open mind, but taken with a grain of salt. It's important to look at many sources for feedback, but more important to form our own opinions.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    My favourite champ in the game. If I was to pull as a 5* now I’d take her up to 5/65 as soon as I could and awaken her with a gem I’m saving. Her power control is excellent and she has a lot of different playstyles too. When you learn how to use her she’s incredibly effective.

First thing to note is she gains 25% less power than normal when attacking (you’ll see why that doesn’t matter too much later). With her sp1, there are 2 different ways to utilise it to great success. If your opponent does not have any kind of power gain over time or automatic bursts of power like MD (mystic dispersion), you can pretty much power lock them for the entire fight without needing to debuff them. You simply build up to your sp1 and when they get a bar of power you’ll gain a psi charge. You need to bring them to 0 power using your sp1 so it’s best to bait out their special and then parry or intercept them with your sp1 to get the power drain. If they are at one bar or slightly over, you can chain 2 sp1 attacks together to bring them to 0 as well. If done correctly and they’re brought to 0 power whilst you have at least one psi charge they won’t gain any power at all as long as you don’t get hit. She’ll keep gaining more psi charges as you attack them with 0 power which you can use them finish the fight with a heavy. She’ll consume each one she has to deal direct damage to the opponent. More charges=more damage.

The other way to use her sp1 is to let them get just over a bar of power and then use your sp1. If it brings them below a power bar threshold she gets her sp1 back almost instantly. (Does not apply if you drain them when they have a full 3 bars, they need to be over a bar of power and brought below it) That means you can keep draining their power constantly throughout the fight and always have a special ready to use. This is a better method for champs like Hyperion or mordo because their power gains make the other method far less effective. You should never have to worry about sp3s doing this if you get it right.

Her sp2 places a power lock debuff on the opponent stopping all forms of power gain. Again, this consumes a psi charge to grant you 33% power straight away. Should be enough for a sp1 should you need it or you can build back up to a sp2 again. Damage wise sp2 is much better than sp1.

Sp3 which you probably won’t use very often consumes all psi charges to drain 20% power per charge. If this brings them to 0 power she’ll stun them for 5 seconds giving you more than enough to time to get a few free hits in. 10 second power lock too so you can be as aggressive as you want to be. Use this as a ‘reset’. If you’re using the first method of sp1 and you have the passive lock on them, this will save you if you mess up and get hit. If they manage to hit you it breaks that passive lock and the sp3 will immediately reapply it. It places an active power lock debuff on them and drains all of their power if you have enough psi charges (5 charges is enough to drain 3 full bars). This active power lock will last long enough for you to get a new psi charge and return to you passive, enervate style lock.

If you dupe her, the first method of sp1 should be a little more useful. Her crit damage will increase whilst they’re at 0 power and she’ll reduce defensive ability accuracy by x% depending on level. Absolutely worth a rank 4 in my opinion, but she’s not as simple as other characters, it will take time to practice her and find out if you like her. If you do, great. If not, that’s fine too. She’s a bit complicated but when you understand her properly it’s a lot simpler than it seems. Her character design is excellent, certainly my favourite one so far. Give her a try and see what you think, hope that helps.