**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If MCU ever makes a movie titled contest of champions

KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
yes we all know contest of champions exist in mcu and grand master opearates it (funnily with shock stick in every one's neck)
so if in future a movie is entirely about contest of champions and collector taking control of contest ,(we have two awesome actors)
so who else would you want in that movie? and best story lines? lets go crazy
- alternate captain america/civil warior
- alternate ironman/superior ironman
- Abomination
- shehulk
- The thing
- silver surfer
- AEgon(my pick)
- morningstar/guilotine
- sentry/void
- Night thrasher/darkhawk
- quake/absorbingman/karnak
- Deadpool/x-23/x-force wolverine/cable/AA/Domino

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    My pic would b sentry and void for full fledged contest of champions movie with Awesome jeff goldblum and bencio del toro
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I think a focus on Guillotine, Ægon and Carina would be pretty cool. With supporting roles being Civil Warrior and a rag-tag team of other champions. Off the top of my head, Elektra, Nightcrawler, Loki and Gwenpool. Maybe set the Grandmaster as one the villains, have the Collector be a sort of bad-guy turned good (think MCU Loki). Ooh and maybe Maestro as a hidden benefactor.
    Yeah this sounds like a busy movie lol.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    I don't think they would do this, as Ragnarok already tied it into the MCU and i don't think the storyline could be adapted in a way that would make sense and tie into ongoing storylines they're already planning.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Kalantak said:

yes we all know contest of champions exist in mcu and grand master opearates it (funnily with shock stick in every one's neck)
    so if in future a movie is entirely about contest of champions and collector taking control of contest ,(we have two awesome actors)
    so who else would you want in that movie? and best story lines? lets go crazy
    - alternate captain america/civil warior
    - alternate ironman/superior ironman
    - Abomination
    - shehulk
    - The thing
    - silver surfer
    - AEgon(my pick)
    - morningstar/guilotine
    - sentry/void
    - Night thrasher/darkhawk
    - quake/absorbingman/karnak
    - Deadpool/x-23/x-force wolverine/cable/AA/Domino

I kinda think that movie would auck
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★

Maybe a TV show?

Disney+ exclusive show

Personally, I want to see the previous versions of the Battlerealm, such as the one where Aegon won, the one directly prior to the events of the game, and any other one that was not covered.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Guillotine for sure (and because Hollywood is obsessed about diversity these days, so a female French-Algerian heroine is like winning the lottery).

I do think it would be nice if Aegon & The Champion would be included in some way. I do think the F4 deserves a better entry than a COC movie.

Main villain? Not the Collector or the Grandmaster, but the Maestro. Too bad Ultron and Thanos are pretty much dead in the MCU, so that's two participants that are missing.

But hey, don't forget the most important one: the Summoner! Oh and Deadpool for the lol's.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Would you need to spin a crystal and see where you sit? lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,556 Guardian
    I don't think I would want to see this movie within the canon of the MCU. It might make for a good animated movie or series outside the MCU.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I'd love to see the Kabam-created characters in action (Guilly, Morningstar, Civil Warrior, Aegon) and somehow include the Summoner.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    How about a showdown between AA and Wolverine... ultra violent blood bath type of fight!☠️⚔️🔪

Or a Clash of titan’s, Thor vs Silver Surfer.

Maybe a face off between a Savage Sabertooth vs The super Soldier Captain America.

Make it happen MCU...

i am still sticking to void/sentry collector and grandmaster.
    story montage starts showing how sentry was created and was so powerful nick fury couldnt trust him n 'budapest' incident happens because of void and collector visits earth becuase of how powerful sentry/void is n takes him for collection from fury(we can have one awesome small scene with sam L jack n bencio del toro) collector explaining fury has no means to contain void's power that he is essentially a black hole they created in lab.
    - and then comes to present time within contest of champions battle realm and story moves with easter eggs and future name drops ,guillotine,civil warrior as side protagonist ,morningstar side villain as well 👀
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

How about a showdown between AA and Wolverine... ultra violent blood bath type of fight!☠️⚔️🔪

Maybe a face off between a Savage Sabertooth vs The super Soldier Captain America.

Make it happen MCU...

The first one makes you seem a bit psycho
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Id watch it just to see the look on Magnetos face when he gets shot, stabbed by swords and pummelled by all manner of metallic objects.

• HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Origin of Aegon and carina's death
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Zuro said:

Make it happen MCU...

The first one makes you seem a bit psycho
    Lol... my inspiration for this fight comes from a comic series of 1989-1990 called extinction agenda, where wolverine and AA are stuck in a pit and are having a good fight.

The drawings where made by Jim Lee .

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Hedron said:

Those have both already been explored though
    Very Briefly though there is more that could be told
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★

Hedron said:

Those have both already been explored though
    It’s not that different from the movies taking from the comics, actually, it isn’t at all.
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    edited July 2019
    I'd definitely watch a Kurt Russell Gladiator style Ægon movie... I like his origin story and I'd love to see a live action Tryco Slatterus... animated would be cool as well.. not in the MCU tho

as for the MCU I'd love to see Guillotine/Morningstar... I think that could be a really good Doctor Strange sequel... when Jeannine discovers the sword it catches Stephen's attention and he keeps an eye on her until she cross paths with Morningstar for the first time... that's when Stephen decides to help Jeannine... they fight Morningstar together... that story would also be a good chance to introduce Mephisto to MCU
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    I have a feeling that a Contest of Champions movie would likely hold itself closer to the comics of the same title, but with the MCOC Original champions and characters incorporated into it. I feel that if the movie based its plot primarily on the game, it wouldn't turn out nearly as well. Like who would you have as the main protagonist? The Summoner isn't a very verbal character. Hence why I think the movie would base itself more on the comics, with some influence from this game.
    Interesting idea, OP. I don't think I would have thought of something like this by myself...
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Pennmabob said:

Believe it or not there was actually a 4 part TV mini-series on the contest of champions in Ultimate spider-man. It was actually pretty good

Yeah I remember watching them they were pretty good
    Pennmabob said:

Believe it or not there was actually a 4 part TV mini-series on the contest of champions in Ultimate spider-man. It was actually pretty good

yes i loved those episodes and it actualy were quite to game theme as well ,mcoc was quite new during that time, if i remember correctly spiderman ,ironman and hulk started first fight vs kraven ,goblin n not sure who . nice throw back brother.

I have a feeling that a Contest of Champions movie would likely hold itself closer to the comics of the same title, but with the MCOC Original champions and characters incorporated into it. I feel that if the movie based its plot primarily on the game, it wouldn't turn out nearly as well. Like who would you have as the main protagonist? The Summoner isn't a very verbal character. Hence why I think the movie would base itself more on the comics, with some influence from this game.
    Interesting idea, OP. I don't think I would have thought of something like this by myself...

thanks for the comment, thts what i was going for,cant have similar movie to the game,movie should stand out it self with title and popular and some original characters from the kabam/game.
    it could be best time to have a movie like that sincemcu will be going wide and cosmic too
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

:O I like this thread. Let's hear some ideas. Our team would love to see what y'all come up with it!

Off topic, but I appreciate and admire your correct spelling and usage of “y’all.” As someone who uses the word all the time and grew up using it, it’s appalling to see it spelled or used incorrectly by people trying to fake a folksy dialect. I simply felt compelled to say something because it makes me smile when I see it.

Carry on...

Dr. Zola
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    The aegon and champion story could honestly have movie qualities, starting on aegon’s pacifist world, going into the fight against the champion and losing his arm and everything, then he could meet carina and whatever happens in the act 6 storyline , maybe he ends up with carina or something after losing his first girl or whatever happened in that storyline, ms and guilly with mephisto and everything could make a potential storyline for a film aswell but would need a lot more details added in