**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rate my friends roster.

carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★

Rate my friends roster. 127 votes

10/10
18%
Dark89PhoenixadqqedfyvrFoxhero007LeonidasFayeSceptilemaniacToxicBladeEugene_VirtuosoMitchell35MrOnizukaLordNeoSPIDERMANANTMANMidnite93kubricknolanFlintTheSavageSquishyjrThe_4THBryliantu93Thekiller8967SuperGoodBrudixTreeDraconis 23 votes
5/10
5%
TwmRHendrossHammerbro_64WorknprogressPawnyExpressCupidChaos_Emperor786 7 votes
9/10
24%
GamerDrZolaTendersquadJetenyoTheMarauder53tntslBahamutshadow_lurker22Kobster84GhostboytjieColinwhitworth69BlackJ4zzDead1KerguelenMasterDeltronsKingpinamosWakalaLordGenesisCapn_DanteThicco_Mode 31 votes
8/10
22%
SnizzbarTerraMets17WîndšpäveSpiderCoolsErkHarbinger195TheHeroDeservedKillerRino19Bruinsfan8510Shadow_PhoneixAleorRaiserCainMC2707RockypantherxX_Factor_AgentKillershark021Batman1903Etjama 29 votes
7/10
9%
NinjAlanRam_SarkarSpeedbumprcm2017Tony886NeotwismNichj99Hedrongp87GonçaloTheTalentsVatris 12 votes
6/10
19%
humzah217xNigJadedPrimmer79Monk1CliffordcanNiteAndDaeharerabbit99TO_BeatzRakeYoungTehsigzorzStanceWilla08WoogieboogieInfineightUHJ69Dose_ResponsiveNamelessoneChriissRFrostyNickel 25 votes

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    10/10
    Just for that 6/2 VTD
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    8/10
    At least make the choices in order
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★

Terra said:

Why would you R5 SL? That's a bad choice.

SL is still somewhat valid In today's meta.
    As a R5 though? R4 is all you need for him in LoL. He will finish the fight in... What... 30 less hits? You're basically just asking for more health on SL.
    That's like the Wal-Mart of rank ups. I'd not let someone with a R5 SL in my alliance. It's just bad.
    He took SL to R5 after 100% Act 5.4 as soon as it came out. He loves the character too much, his choice.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    These number choices are wonky
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    10/10
    Maybe he is just excited for his friend, like we all are about this game. & probably because he wants to?
    Mjolinar said:

Why post your friends roster? I don’t get this... I mean it’s a decent roster for sure but why?

8/10

Just because you don't lIke that choice doesn't make it a bad choice smh
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    6/10
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

Not to pick on you specifically, but I wish I knew how it came to be that here, and mostly only on this forum as far as I've seen, does this word mean the exact opposite of what it means everywhere else. I can't remember the last time anyone on these forums used the word correctly. It is like no one here ever heard the word used before so everyone guessed, and everyone guessed wrong in a very similar way. That's weird.

If you want to rank up Thor Ragnarok because he has high prestige and you want high prestige, that is not a meta decision. That is a normal game decision. If you want to rank up Thor Ragnarok because you want to get into a top alliance and the top alliance leaders will only recruit you if you have high prestige, that's a meta gaming decision. Thor Rag can be said to have low in-game value but high meta value. Similarly, intercept is an in-game tactic. It used to be viewed as something only high skill players would reasonably know how to do. Now it is considered a standard skill by the players and the devs think nothing of adding higher end content that relies upon being able to use that skill. Intercept as an in-game tactic works the same way today as it always did, but the meta surrounding intercept has changed over time.
    That’s not what Google and many other people in gaming on the internet think it means. It seems like you are overcomplicating it. The meta is what is popular because it is effective in a current game state as far as I have always understood it.

Before Blade, Magik was the best defender, there were very few ways of dealing with her. Couple this with Dorm and broken MD/Dex interaction and you had the Mystic Wars meta. These several factors created a powerful, obvious strategy. She was a meta defender because she got kills and had few counters, because of this many people ranked her for AWD. She was popular due to her effectiveness, everyone who had her ranked her and put her on AWD, as she was the best option. Then Blade came out and Defender Diversity. That shifted the meta as she no longer was getting kills. Then the meta shifted to the Trinity AWA which was around until Corvus came into the picture.

The meta is a little spread out now, which Kabam has done a better job of in the past 6 months-ish.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Terra said:

As a R5 though? R4 is all you need for him in LoL. He will finish the fight in... What... 30 less hits? You're basically just asking for more health on SL.
    That's like the Wal-Mart of rank ups. I'd not let someone with a R5 SL in my alliance. It's just bad.
    R5 SL can finish LOL much more cheaply than R4. Especially when you consider not needing attack synergy and the ability to use infinite parry teams and other attacers.
  • carpediem666carpediem666 Posts: 363 ★★★
    Mjolinar said:

Why post your friends roster? I don’t get this... I mean it’s a decent roster for sure but why?

Ah, sorry. I did take his permission tho. I just wanted to know the general consensus on a roster like this. Btw, he's completely free to play. He has never purchased anything with real cash.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

That’s not what Google and many other people in gaming on the internet think it means.

I only know what it has always meant, and also that referring to the state of the game as the meta seems ridiculous, because then what do you call the meta state of the game? The meta meta?
    8/10

Zuro said:

So i like Groot
    I bring him to R5. That's not a bad choice, because I like him.
    Well if you have fun with him then it is a good choice people are always so focused on like the top 10 champs when they should be ranking up who they love using
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Zuro said:

So i like Groot
    I bring him to R5. That's not a bad choice, because I like him.
    He said just because you don't like a choice doesn't make it bad. He didn't say just because you like a choice makes it good. Those are two different statements.

But of course, if you do in fact like the champ, it might not be a bad choice to rank them up. It is probably better to be a happy person with a weaker roster than an unhappy person with a strong roster.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    6/10
    Only aegon and vtd saving quality of the roster 🤷‍♂️
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    9/10
    Took my starlord to 5:65 for lol and aw attack just love the champ definitely worth it if your not too fussed about prestige