**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Voodoo should but doesn't block Limbo or Coldsnap [Not A Bug]

TRichLLTRichLL Posts: 8
edited August 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dr Voodoo's block is supposed to increase his energy resistance by 2000. Shouldn't this also reduce incoming damage from Magik's Limbo and Iceman's Coldsnap while Voodoo is blocking? I have tested many times and it does not reduce this damage.

z523vddjhwdo.jpg
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• SignumSignum Posts: 133
    Bump
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    No, he shouldn't.
    His ability only works against energy attacks, not abilities or passives that doesn't make contact.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    No, he shouldn't.
    His ability only works against energy attacks, not abilities or passives that doesn't make contact.
    Mordo takes reduced damage from Limbo, coldsnap etc I don't see why voodoo shouldn't if they both gain resistance while blocking
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    With that, ultron and both marvels could just hold block and absorb energy (and health in ultron's case).
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    No, he shouldn't.
    Mordo takes reduced damage from Limbo, coldsnap etc I don't see why voodoo shouldn't if they both gain resistance while blocking

Because Mordo ability is different. A MOD confirmed that it is more powerfull since it is a signature ability, so it works differently
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    No, he shouldn't.

No it reduces energy damage, either if it's energy attacks or passive energy dmg...he should reduce the energy dmg like mordo
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    No, he shouldn't.

Because Mordo ability is different. A MOD confirmed that it is more powerfull since it is a signature ability, so it works differently

I tried it, it doesn't reduce it even a little, unlike thor jane foster
    No, he shouldn't.

I tried it, it doesn't reduce it even a little, unlike thor jane foster

Try again. It works for me
  • Hi there,

To help clear things up, Doctor Voodoo's ability lets him reduce damage taken from Energy attacks when blocking, but is not meant to reduce Energy damage from other sources, like Coldsnap or Limbo.

That being said, we'll ask the team to look into rewording things a bit so that it is differentiated from Mordo's abilities.

• TRichLLTRichLL Posts: 8
    Hi there,

To help clear things up, Doctor Voodoo's ability lets him reduce damage taken from Energy attacks when blocking, but is not meant to reduce Energy damage from other sources, like Coldsnap or Limbo.

That being said, we'll ask the team to look into rewording things a bit so that it is differentiated from Mordo's abilities.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    No, he shouldn't.

I faced the same question about Ultron's sig ability... until I realize it works against energy attacks.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    No, he shouldn't.

I faced the same question about Ultron's sig ability... until I realize it works against energy attacks.

It's not supposed to work against damage over time attacks though. So why Magiks limbo heals him I don't understand.

I think between the discrepancy of mordo, Dr. Voodoo and Ultrons sig ability the definition of energy attacks and what does and does not qualify needs to be addressed. It's very open ended and in the previously stated case it's just innacurate.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Hi there,

Nice to Finaly find out.