**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just went to log in and my account is reverted back to the start

So a couple of days ago, my email was no longer a valid kabam email but was still able to log in through google play. Now I went to log in and was taken through the beginner process and can't access my account now.. is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Hi Steve76s! It sounds like you may have multiple accounts and your current account that you accessing is not the account that you have been busy building up. Make sure to double check your account information.

If you need assistance recovering your account, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance. Include as much of the following information as possible:

What was the original player name of your account? Write this name exactly as it appeared in the game.
    What were your first two real money purchases? Include the dates (yyyy-mm-dd) and the amount of real money you spent on Google or iTunes.
    What was the original email used for your Kabam ID? Write the exact Kabam ID email address.
    What country, province, state, or city were you in when you created your account?
    What is the creation date of your account? Please estimate the date (yyyy-mm-dd) when you created your account in the game. If you are having trouble remembering when you created the account, we recommend that you check the dates of your earliest achievements on your Google Play or Game Center account(s).
  • Steve76sSteve76s Posts: 23
    Hey Ahab, that's my main account. Already and submitted info requested. Anyway this can be looked into asap? My ingame is dreadgrimm and we are right in the middle of war/aq. Can't let me teammates down like that
  • Unfortunately the Moderation Team does not have access to in game accounts. You will want to follow up with our Support Team for assistance.
    I did that, waiting on response but all information was provided.. kinda crazy to ask a player where he downloaded a mobile game though. All other information is good to ask but the location seems a lil iffy if you travel alot or stationed overseas quite a bit
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Steve76s said:

I did that, waiting on response but all information was provided.. kinda crazy to ask a player where he downloaded a mobile game though. All other information is good to ask but the location seems a lil iffy if you travel alot or stationed overseas quite a bit

I believe the game keeps a record of the general location the game was first installed or the timezone there (that's why even if you move around the UTC times when certain events happen in-game like calendar day progression remains constant). They ask for that piece of information because it just happens to be one of the pieces of information they can look up to try to determine if you are the person that originally created the account, and not just someone who happened to know some of the bits of information. If you don't remember precisely, you can usually state generally and that would be close enough. I've gone through that process myself to validate account ownership with support.
    I figured @DNA3000 but a little extreme... luckily I was stationed at the time of creation so I was able to figure it out that way.. thanks for the explanation though
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Steve76s said:

I figured @DNA3000 but a little extreme... luckily I was stationed at the time of creation so I was able to figure it out that way.. thanks for the explanation though

It might seem extreme, but I think it is a reasonable safeguard because all the other pieces of information are not strong authenticators. Your in-game ID obviously isn't. If you're free to play you might not have any purchases to reference. Most people don't give out email, but some do, and sometimes this is something that leaks. And many people might know approximately when you started playing or could infer. The only thing support could ask that only you would know is what your game password is. And support cannot ask you for your password. So asking for email, location, and when you installed is an attempt to ask questions that few people could answer all of them simultaneously except yourself. Reducing the number of questions increases the chances that someone could get lucky and hijack your account.

I wish they used security questions instead. But even those are often implemented badly. If you are signing up for something and you're asked a bunch of security questions to verify your account ownership and they don't let you create your own question, the security best practice is to actually lie. Give false answers to those questions and record them somewhere safe. The truth is something someone could simply look up or research about you. But creative lies are impossible to guess. I often recommend to people to pick a relatively well known fictional character and give their answers. That way you can use google to look up the answers if you forget them.
    I get it and definitely wouldn't want my account hijacked @DNA3000 just sucks that this occurred during aq and aw... now I'm holding players up