**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus w Invulnerability Boost vs Nightcrawler on Node 13 - Aegis Intercept

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Title basically sums up the situation. I did not record a video of this.

I used Corvus against a Nightcrawler on Aegis intercept node in Tier 3. I was using Corvus in hopes to score two charges (one for mutant, one for evade + knockdown). Before I entered the fight, I popped an invulnerability boost, just in case.

Fight begins, and I start trying to intercept nightcrawler to remove his Aegis charges. On the very first attempt, he evades and dashed back in to score a hit, which is negated by the invulnerability boost. But wait, the hit was a critical, and it proc’d a deep wound. According to NC’s description, this deals bleed damage. Even though Corvus had all glaive charges up, and received no damage from the critical hit, i still received 24% damage from “instant bleed damage,” which Corvus is *supposed* to be immune to.

How is this possible? What’s going on here?

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure his "bleed" is direct damage
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Corvus is not immune to bleed damage, just bleed debuffs. Since NC doesn’t trigger a debuff, just does bleed damage, Corvus is affected. In the same vein, Corvus would also take passive bleed damage.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    It's not bleed damage. It's direct damage and is just called deep wound.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited July 2019
    Jestress said:

V1PER1987 said:

Corvus is not immune to bleed damage, just bleed debuffs. Since NC doesn’t trigger a debuff, just does bleed damage, Corvus is affected. In the same vein, Corvus would also take passive bleed damage.

This makes sense. So, invulnerability boosts can be bypassed by Nightcrawler’s deep wound on crit?

In essence, yes. Just like going into a match vs an awakened Iceman without immunity. The Coldsnap damage still occurs. The Invulnerability Boost doesn't make your champ Indestructible. It just negates the damage dealt by the 1st 3 hits that you recieve. Direct Damage supersedes this.