**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ipad Mini user please comment

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Hey guys,

So I've been playing this game on my Samsung phone for about 6 months. I grind the Arenas a lot and was thinking about getting an iOS device with the faster loading time.

I'm tossing up between an iphone or the new Ipad mini. I was attracted to it due to the bigger screen, cheaper than iphone and hopefully faster loading time between fights compared to the android phone.

Could you guys comment on on what your Ipad mini experience is like for this game, in particular:

- Is it too heavy to hold and play for long periods of time?
- Is it better or worse than an iphone in overall experience?
- Overall thought on using an ipad Mini for this game.

Thank you so much for your input.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I use an iPad pro with no issues so you would probably be fine with a mini
    I can't even play on my phone anymore I've gotten so used to it. Been playing on Android for years but finally made the switch from my s10+ to the iPad and haven't looked back
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I play on ipad, and i use a stand to hold it vertical. I bought the stand in a dollar store.

I think that if you use ipad, you need a stand for obvious reasons.
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    I use a mini. Gonna upgrade soon to a new one. One I’m using is almost 3 yrs ld now. It’s been great.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Thanks so much for the comment guys - is the weight of it an issue at all for prolonged use?

I play on ipad, and i use a stand to hold it vertical. I bought the stand in a dollar store.

I think that if you use ipad, you need a stand for obvious reasons.

I don't use a stand. I've never had problems playing for extended periods either personally. Occasionally if I'm sitting at a table and playing ill rest the bottom of the iPad on the table but that's about it.

I use the 11" pro btw
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

Thanks so much for the comment guys - is the weight of it an issue at all for prolonged use?

I find that it is especially if you go for a long arena grind
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I have an iPad mini...the game plays flawlessly.

I have an iPad mini...the game plays flawlessly.

Do you use a stand or just hold it like a phone? Does it get heavy or cause discomfort in arena grinding?
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    I play on an iPad mini, it’s an old one though so it doesn’t run very smooth now, but when it was new it ran the game amazingly.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I played on Android for my first four years of the game. Switched to iPad mini. Can't tell you how much better the gameplay is, how many less units I've wasted on revives, how much more progress I've made etc. It is not heavy but it takes a little getting used to. Once you do there's no going back.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I recently switched from the 9.7” iPad Pro to the new mini. Perfect size in my opinion. Very happy with performance, size and weight
    Thanks so much guys, I think I'm just gonna get it, seems like a good experience and costs 1/3 of the price of iphone too.. haha..
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I’m using iPad mini 4 and it still works wonder. I even livestream with it and no lag
  • MercLieutenantMercLieutenant Posts: 27
    Im using the new ipad mini 5 with a12 processor and it works like a champ and doesnt heat up and drain battery faster than my iphone XS max.
  • MercLieutenantMercLieutenant Posts: 27
    edited July 2019
    The weight is not an issue i recommend buying the official ipad mini silicone case for lighter to hold and dont buy bulky case.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Looks like you are going with a mini. I run an iPad mini 4 and love it but it won't get you a legends tag. Occasionally it heats up too. I really don't have much on it either because I got it primarily for mcoc. Definitely get the mini 5, I'm thinking about upgrading to it myself. The weight isn't an issue at all. I think the size is perfect. I play much better on the mini than my phone.
    The size is perfect, it gets warm but dim the light and the screen is still doable to see what you’re doing and the heat should be ok. The resolution in iPad and iPhone is very different! The iPhone resolution kinda makes sure everything of the UI fit perfectly in the screen while iPad it’s cramped. But still the performance is very good
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    I have iPhone 6 and iPad Pro mini . On my phone the game is basically unplayable; force closes, drop frames and lag, it’s ridiculous.
    On my iPad Pro I enjoy the larger screen, faster processor and there’s barely any issues with it so definitely more enjoyable. On the phone my thumbs take up most of the screen and I spend a lot of time squinting trying to see what the text says don’t have that issue with the larger screen of an iPad
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

I have iPhone 6 and iPad Pro mini . On my phone the game is basically unplayable; force closes, drop frames and lag, it’s ridiculous.
    On my iPad Pro I enjoy the larger screen, faster processor and there’s barely any issues with it so definitely more enjoyable. On the phone my thumbs take up most of the screen and I spend a lot of time squinting trying to see what the text says don’t have that issue with the larger screen of an iPad

iPad Pro mini? Your conflating 2 devices
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I use an iPad mini 5 bought specifically to play MCOC because the game became unplayable on my iPad 2017.
    For the most part the game runs ok but there can be a large amount of combat lag... When the lag kicks in I couldn’t tell you with any certainty if it’s the game or my WiFi connection (although my WiFi connection always seems ok).
    edited July 2019
    You want to focus on a iPad version that can play mcoc for years to come as mcoc is constantly evolving that demand more processor, RAM and all that. For example my iPad mini 4 I bought back when it was released and now it’s tike has finally come that it almost no longer can handle MCOC. Last month it work so good and suddenly two weeks ago it’s another story.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    My mini 4 can barley handle the game anymore, it runs extremely slowly