**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2.6 champion boss with no retreat node !!

I manage to get him down to 10% with quake but final 10% is nearly impossible with no retreat node i dont have cap iw to take block damage allready done other exploration in dis quest so dis is d final path left dont know why dis path is so champ specific fight in d end i was using shehulk quake yj luke and blade through science gated path dont have gulk and cap suggest me what to do now

Comments

• SamdroxtaarSamdroxtaar Posts: 129
    Any help will be appreciated
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Haha I’m stuck there too. Since I’m F2P, I unfortunately ran out of units when I got him to 10%, as the final final boss to 100%. It HAD to be with No Retreat.. That degen is nasty.

Idk how to advise you based on who you brought. She Hulk seems most reasonable since she’s the only one who can handle the unstoppable. Playstyle wise, gotta trial and error I guess.
    @xNig she hulk got degen or if she take block damage she bearly remove one or two charges
    Almost impossible without cap iw
    I will w8 untill more guides will popup
  • AshPikaAshPika Posts: 85
    KT posted a video today of doing it with mystic champs and mystic dispersion
    Check it out!

https://youtu.be/guN0aktAI1Y
    @AshPika u didnt get me bro im talking about no retreat node champion not for other paths did video has nthing to do with no retreat node
    Yup. The killer is the node. Most of the other incoming links aren't a big issue.
  • AshPikaAshPika Posts: 85

@AshPika u didnt get me bro im talking about no retreat node champion not for other paths did video has nthing to do with no retreat node

Oops my bad hehehe, I thought you were going just for the initial completion
  • Thanks Kabam for fixing act 6.2 and for the stuff you sent back to us.
  • razielraziel Posts: 82
    How is this node not a cash grab? I mean seriously how is a player supposed to beat the Champion in the last phase with no retreat node without Cap Beardo or Thing?

@Kabam Miike Can you help the player base and share some counters?
    @xNig did you manage to beat it? If so who did you use?
    raziel said:

@xNig did you manage to beat it? If so who did you use?

Did it with R4 CptIW. Surprisingly, it was pretty easy after taking some time off that final path. Didn’t spend any units on him.
    After my initial frustration with the Champion on the day of release I managed to do the first path with the Hood. All of the other ones went ok with him and She-Hulk.
    However no retreat seems impossible to me without Beardo or Thing.
    I could have done it with SymSup as well, in retrospect. But taking him down from 100 to 10% cost me about 70% health and 1 no retreat proc due to carelessness took SymSup down.

My CptIW was alive so just went in with him instead. I just posted a video to get 2 dex from 1 sp1 with enough practice, so based on SS’s HP, it shouldn’t be a problem even if No Retreat procs, provided he’s at full.
    xNig said:

I could have done it with SymSup as well, in retrospect. But taking him down from 100 to 10% cost me about 70% health and 1 no retreat proc due to carelessness took SymSup down.

My CptIW was alive so just went in with him instead. I just posted a video to get 2 dex from 1 sp1 with enough practice, so based on SS’s HP, it shouldn’t be a problem even if No Retreat procs, provided he’s at full.

Awesome, I don't have Symbiote Supreme as well lol
    It’s not 100% the champ I feel, more of the technique. I guess Magik could do the last 10% with No Retreat as well with the constant limbo heals. Gulk with Face Me as well.
    Where is ur video @xNig ? Pls share that here where u can dex two times from one special
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I reckon it’s possible if you fully boost, it’s preferable to use the blocking specials strategy so you don’t dash back twice if you do while baiting
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

It’s not 100% the champ I feel, more of the technique. I guess Magik could do the last 10% with No Retreat as well with the constant limbo heals. Gulk with Face Me as well.

How would gulk deal with the unstoppable though
    edited July 2019
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

You don’t. But you can sp1 to stun, get 2 hits in, back off and wait for the unstoppable to go off. At the 10% phase, he won’t stun you when there’s contact.

The 70% reduction from Face Me is pretty substantial. I managed to get 3 prowess on my R3 Gulk from 3 Dexes before I died to NR. So with the technique above and a R4 Gulk to be safe, it’s theoretically possible. I just don’t wanna spend the quest energy (for now) to test it yet. Probably wait till end of the month to see if I have spare energy.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    That's pretty impressive I saw lagacy get the indestructible node down the same way. I wish that method was out when I first beat the Champion. Will probably wait to 100% complete act 6.2.6.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

You don’t. But you can sp1 to stun, get 2 hits in, back off and wait for the unstoppable to go off. At the 10% phase, he won’t stun you when there’s contact.

The 70% reduction from Face Me is pretty substantial. I managed to get 3 prowess on my R3 Gulk from 3 Dexes before I died to NR. So with the technique above and a R4 Gulk to be safe, it’s theoretically possible. I just don’t wanna spend the quest energy (for now) to test it yet. Probably wait till end of the month to see if I have spare energy.
    That’s nice to know for when I go for 100% as I will have a 5:65 gulk
    I will be trying with Gulk soon once I get more resources. The other thing I think can help is the synergy with Thor Rags. Gulk will get indestructible for 5s when his health drops to 20%. That on top of face me may provide a big enough window to get 5 dexes.
    Any video with ghulk would be so helpfull i have r4 ghulk but didnt even check yet my last path left with no retreat only now
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

That’s nice to know for when I go for 100% as I will have a 5:65 gulk
    All the best.

Sp1 to stun to cheat a few seconds of the unstoppable and wait it out. Sp2 is counter productive. You’ll most probably be able to kill him with your sp1 but will be good to start saving your specials once you get 3 charges.
    I tried with Gulk and it was very difficult to get around the unstoppable. Needed to back out from the quest again after wasting a bunch of resources.

I genuinely hate the design of this fight and no retreat makes it even worse. Hopefully the devs and mods @Kabam Miike are reading the feedback from the player base. It's really character dependent. Unless you've got one of the 2-3 required options you will never get through no retreat. In a game where character acquisition is RNG based this shouldn't be the case.