**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spidey Crystal Shards Not Converting to PHC?

It's been a few hours since they expired and I haven't seen an announcement or heard anything from anyone. I saved over 43k shards because I wanted them to convert to PHC... why have they not done so yet? What is the normal timetable for that to occur?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    If there wasn't an announcement yet then probably there will be no conversion this time
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    If there wasn't an announcement yet then probably there will be no conversion this time

Shouldn't they tell us this? It would mean I lost 23 crystals and that would really piss me off
    edited August 2017
    small correction I saved 46k not 43k.. it was 23 crystals worth and I have a screen cap of it
    edited August 2017
    Can someone on the staff please reply with some sort of a confirmation on this? This is my second thread on this topic @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Ad0ra_ @kabam zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Why would you just assume they would be converted?
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    Why would you just assume they would be converted?

Because that is what they have done every time they have done events like this
    But everytime they did it they sent a message before the event end. This time it wasn't the case
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    You must not play enough to think that they do the same thing every time.
    edited August 2017
    Shouldn't they send us a reminder to use the shards if they were just gonna cancel them then? When they have done the same thing over and over shouldn't they alert us to changing that MO? I've been playing for over 2 years and ive never seen them just throw away unused shards.
  • Actually, converting Crystal Shards to PHC shards is not something we usually do. It's something we've actually rarely ever done. Usually, Shards or expiring items are converted to gold.

OP, I'm sorry about this situation, but I don't think the Game team ever said they planned on switching these over to PHC shards this time.
    Actually, converting Crystal Shards to PHC shards is not something we usually do. It's something we've actually rarely ever done. Usually, Shards or expiring items are converted to gold.

OP, I'm sorry about this situation, but I don't think the Game team ever said they planned on switching these over to PHC shards this time.

you converted them to shards with the Dr. Strange event, the GOTG event, and I cannot remember if it was gold or shards with the civil war event.. are you telling me I just lost 23 crystals?!
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    You should have just opened 23 crystals for 23 shots at 4* Spider-Verse champs.
  • FchenFchen Posts: 4
    i saved probably 60 crytals, realized they are gone just now. should you send out a warning that you are going to expire them?
    not converting them is fine, but expiring them without notice is not cool.
    Fchen wrote: »
    not converting them is fine, but expiring them without notice is not cool.

to be fair there was a count down clock.. but with other events they converted them. I am very angry right now.
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike if you had no plans to convert these shards into gold, phc, or anything else like you have done with quite literally every other event ever run in MCOC.. why did you not notify the community? Why should we have to guess what was going to happen?! I feel I should be compensated for this... at this point ill take 23 2* crystals even... I am very very angry.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Ok fair point kabam but you saw people talking about it for quite a while so why did you not say it before instead of waiting?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike if you had no plans to convert these shards into gold, phc, or anything else like you have done with quite literally every other event ever run in MCOC.. why did you not notify the community? Why should we have to guess what was going to happen?! I feel I should be compensated for this... at this point ill take 23 2* crystals even... I am very very angry.

How did you go from very angry to very very angry in 2 minutes???
    danielmath wrote: »
    Imac7065 wrote: »

How did you go from very angry to very very angry in 2 minutes???

about to grow into very very very.... I feel cheated dude. I spent units running those damn stark assignments running up the shards. I am 5 away from sig 99 on all PHC 2* champs. I wrote a thread about this last week and didn't get a reply from Kabam... now they tell me after the fact?!
    Enough. You had crystals, there wasn't any notice about conversion. So is not the team fault
    edited August 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Enough. You had crystals, there wasn't any notice about conversion. So is not the team fault

if wal mart had the same return policy for 2 years... then didn't put up a sign that said they were changing it.. is it your fault for not knowing they changed it? I'm sure you would be perfectly ok losing hours of work, hundreds of units, and 46k shards after not being told what had been done in the past multiple times was not happening this round.
    at least they should give the crystals back and give us a chance to open it. i did not notice there is a timer on there.
    I get trying to game the system cause PHC is better then spidey crystals, i actually considered doing the same. However, it was just free extra stuff so I just opened them cause I didn't expect them to convert.
    Fchen wrote: »
    at least they should give the crystals back and give us a chance to open it. i did not notice there is a timer on there.

Not noticing the timer is on you.. but I 100% agree that they should allow us to open what we had since they did not notify us that they would just go away without conversion to anything.
    I get trying to game the system cause PHC is better then spidey crystals, i actually considered doing the same. However, it was just free extra stuff so I just opened them cause I didn't expect them to convert.

Had they not done it multiple times in the past I would never hoard them either. If they made any announcement about their intentions I would have acted accordingly.

As for PHC being "better" not sure that's true... these crystals had a better shot at 3 and 4* champs.. just a smaller group of champs to get.
    If you converted shards to crystals you can keep them forever, only the shards expire @Fchen
    If you converted shards to crystals you can keep them forever, only the shards expire @Fchen

no.. the entire block in the crystal tree is gone.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Thah ryl stupid move from yours side. When u didt the last time now u simpley say this we dont du. Im wont. Hav u to be better one this cystal this time. Make it Rigth
  • Just talked to the team. They do plan on converting these to PHC Shards, but it will be later this week.
    edited August 2017
    Just wanted to point out that thanks to seatins stream we have now proven that indeed the GOTG shards were converted to PHC and kabam mods here on the forums even apologized for not doing it fast enough. @Kabam Wolf was the person apologizing.