**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Symbiote Supreme bugged against Howard the Duck?

Sypreme’s Chthon’s Cunning does not seem to work correctly against Howard. He is supposed to nullify all buffs and cause damage from Chthon’s Cunning at the start of the fight, and feed power from Mystic Dispersion. As seen in these screenshots, it works correctly against Red Skull, but not Howard.

Or am I missing something? Does Howard somehow deny it?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Does the same with KG and Hype. There might be others slipping my mind.
  • AlexMiloAlexMilo Posts: 57
    You’re right forgot about KG it doesn’t work against him either.

Hyper doesn’t start the fight with buffs, so not really the same with him.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Well, yes and no. He starts out with a cosmic charge that instantly converts to a power gain buff. Instead it’s like Sym suppresses it. It’s a weird interaction.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I think with venom too it doesn't work
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Lyra is there any chance this gets added to the known issues list? If not, what pieces of information does the game team lack before this qualifies? As the thread in the Bugs section demonstrates, this is a long-running bug that seems to have been allowed to remain in game. Help would be appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • Seanl85Seanl85 Posts: 34
    The nulify damage is based on genetic potential. At the start of the fight this is zero, so no damage. But agree otherwise, should have power gain from md
    Seanl85 said:

The nulify damage is based on genetic potential. At the start of the fight this is zero, so no damage. But agree otherwise, should have power gain from md

That is wrong as in some scenarios with other champs they do take damage at the start of the fight
  • Seanl85Seanl85 Posts: 34
    Zuro said:

Seanl85 said:

That is wrong as in some scenarios with other champs they do take damage at the start of the fight
    Yeah sorry not wrong, the question is whether it should or shouldnt have nullify damage at the start. Check the OP screenshots. With howard, no genetic potential, no damage. With red skull, 100 genetic potential, damage. When using S.S you dont get do damage for the first buff nulified. I hate to say it but the red skull damage might be the bug not the other way around.
    Even if you need genetic potential which is gain by nuliflying the buff Howard stars of with more than one buff either way so it should still and you're description of this ability is false as it says when entering the form all buffs are nullified so it has nothing to do with genetic potential
  • AlexMiloAlexMilo Posts: 57
    edited July 2019
    V1PER1987 said:

Well, yes and no. He starts out with a cosmic charge that instantly converts to a power gain buff. Instead it’s like Sym suppresses it. It’s a weird interaction.

Indeed which is a passive buff so can’t be touched by Sypremes immediate nullifying.
    Ultra8529 said:

Theres a pretty large thread on this in the Bugs section of the forums.

Oh really, must somehow have missed that, searching didn’t turn up anything.
    Seanl85 said:

I hate to say it but the red skull damage might be the bug not the other way around.

Can’t be because you can tel by my screenshots that Sypreme doesn’t get any power neither against Howard nor KG which he should have no matter what due to Mystic Dispersion, meaning something must be off about those fights and not against Red Skull.
    edited July 2019
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/111040/symbiote-supreme-bugs/p1

Here’s one of the main bug threads for Symbiote Supreme. It also contains links to at least two others with screenshots and clips—not sure why they haven’t all been combined.

But...to underscore one of the main issues, SS was spotlighted as a champ who nullifies buffs at the outset of the fight. How this happens in real fights is inconsistent. The damage dealt stems from Genetic Potential, and this seems to be variable at the start of a fight also.

Why? No one knows. But even if he starts at zero Genetic Potential, he has 100% chance at nullifying all buffs at the start, which should increase Genetic Potential by 50 for each buff nullified.

Dr. Zola

P. S. Here’s my take on it—I don’t think the game team knows right now how it wants SS to work. Changing anything material runs the risk of altering core champ mechanics and inviting RDT threads. But I think there are so many start of fight interactions they really haven’t come up with a plan for what he affects and what he doesn’t affect.

I imagine it’s a lot of work. And he’s already been sold in crystals. And he works well enough that he’s not terrible.

Maybe I’m wrong, but the consistent flow of “still looking into it” responses suggests it’s not high priority.
    Also, the issue with Howard isn’t a new one. Here’s a post in that thread from February describing the issue.

So it’s been going on a while...

Dr. Zola
    edited July 2019
    @Kabam Zibiit is there any way you can go ahead and link this and the other Symbiote Supreme bug threads here? Seems it was moved to the Bugs page, but it would be helpful to players searching the forums to go ahead and tag an official SS bug page. I’ve linked to it above.

Dr. Zola
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    I was fight the champion boss in act 6.2 and the boss was still going unstoppable against me. Is that normal? I increased the sig level to 200 and was playing aggressively.