**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 24.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• MathMMathMathMMath Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: MathMMath
    Device and Model: Huawei P8 lite
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 24.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Mysterio fight is unplayable. I can complete the whole quest up to that point with 0 issues, then as soon as the fight starts it is massively laggy from start to finish and button pressing is unresponsive.
    This issue started a couple of months ago with these characters:
    Darkhawk
    Human Torch
    Mr sinister
    Namor

Any time I fight any of these characters to this day, if I hit their block the game slows down and is unresponsive for about 1 second, it is clearly because they are slightly more graphically superior than other champions, but it still means they are unplayable.
    This month though is much worse because it isn't just mysterio's boss, it's the entire fight.
  • Riggz_1Riggz_1 Posts: 2
    Robali said:

Having issues with constant freezing. Only happens mid fight, and only for a couple seconds, but its 4 or 5x a day now.
    Samsung s8 on wifi with full strength. All other apps closed, background data off, everything updated, on AT&T network.
    I do have video of this, but can't upload it here apparently.

Samsung so U.S. cellular same problem
  • Riggz_1Riggz_1 Posts: 2
    Riggz_1 said:

Robali said:

Having issues with constant freezing. Only happens mid fight, and only for a couple seconds, but its 4 or 5x a day now.
    Samsung s8 on wifi with full strength. All other apps closed, background data off, everything updated, on AT&T network.

S9 not so,lol
  • Ægon_ĞĦØÆgon_ĞĦØ Posts: 12
    Riggz_1 said:

Riggz_1 said:

Robali said:

S9 not so,lol
    I think it's a game problem, not a device, so we'll have to wait for an update, nothing more.

• M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    In game name: kyntaa
    Device and model : oppo A3s
    Device and opperating sistem : android 8.1.0
    Cellular or wifi : cellular
    Game version installed : 24
    Game mode : all
    Description of the issue :
    When im trying to evade with sparky got delayed so i got hit
    Also when im using quake, holding charge and parry get delayed so got unnecessary hit
  • Ægon_ĞĦØÆgon_ĞĦØ Posts: 12

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.0 version of the game.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

My nickname is: Ægon_ĞĦاŦ
    Device and model: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
    Android version: 6.0.1(marshmallow) Installed version of the game: 24.0 Network: Wi-Fi
    Description of the problem: flights in the arena, the plot, the task of the union, and the war of the union every 10-20 minutes. Players have sufficiently described the problem with your update. Here, I think, it's time to take up the bug fixes! I don't understand why you managed to release the update early, which made it raw. Every 10-20 minutes it leaves, and if it's "Oh! A miracle! Doesn't fly out" then the menu will start to glitch, then it will be thrown out of the game. Even though I have never encountered this problem before, not once! Where is that previous update with the optimism? Why did this update, managed to glitch, throw away more often? Why are you ruining the game? I don't understand it, I went to another section, and there, you write that the characters have such mistakes, changes, something will be added, removed, corrected, and about bugs, flying out, with their elimination, you do not write anything, how to understand it? And what are you thanking us for? For allegedly discovering any inconsistencies with the characters? Are we just talking about glitches, sorties? Immediately fix this bug! Otherwise, I'll consider your game a bad quality, baggy, and very patchy. Not everyone can afford expensive devices! You will be fed up with players, and you, in turn, must do a good quality game! No bugs, no mistakes! I hope you will fix this problem! I above, provided you with a screenshot, hopefully you will take 2 seconds to watch this bug. Re-install, clean up the cache, reboot the device - it doesn't help, it's about the game. I throw the screenshot again.
  • Lyrak10Lyrak10 Posts: 7
    Game Name: Lyrak10
    Device and Model: Moto G6
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Game Version Installed: 24.0.0
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: EVERY 15 MIN THE GAME CRASHES! I JUST CAN'T BE COMPETITIVE ANYMORE! FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY! AND GO BACK TO 30 UNITS AS MILESTONES IN ARENAS! THE GAME GETS HARDER EVERY MONTH BUT THE EARNING OF UNITS GOT HARDER TOO. I'M A GRINDER PLAYER FOR THE PAST 4 AND HALF YEARS, PLEASE TREAT PLAYERS LIKE ME WITH MORE RESPECT!
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    edited July 2019
    In-Game Name: csexton00
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Description of the Issue: When I hit block the champions occasionally dash forward instead of blocking. This has caused me to get KOed twice this morning using Blade against MODOK. I revived and tried to hold block so I could regen some after building power and he dashed forward into a combo and died twice. This happens often in other modes of game play too. I have not been able to notice any common factors when it is happening. This has been happening for a very long time and I am not sure when it began for sure.
  • PlayerzedPlayerzed Posts: 5
    In-Game Name: playerzed
    Device and Model: Razer Phone 2
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Game Version Installed: 24.0 (Most Recent)
    Description of the Issue: I have my FPS counter on and everything shows an average of 120 FPS. However in the menus and everything outside of combat everything runs smoothly. During the fights, any fight whether it is quest, arena, AQ, it shows 120 FPS but still feels like there are frame drops. There is an obvious difference because of the way the fight looks and after finishing the fight; the difference between the smoothness is very noticeable. Its a bit distracting when I am focusing on how low the frames feel.
  • TheBigSchemeTheBigScheme Posts: 60
    Am on samsung S10+ and as a regular ghost user im really upset how you ignore the lag on Android phones.... alot of times swipe back into phasing isnt registered on time may it be to launch a special where one phases and gets unblockable with the wasp synergy or after the special to get indestructible and negate suicides damage where ghost doesnt want to phaze at all and just stands there.
  • SprossTheBossSprossTheBoss Posts: 80
    In-Game Name: SprossTheBoss
    Device and Model: Pixel 3
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Google Fi carrier)
    Game Mode: Not in any particular game mode, just anytime I get a dungeon invite
    Description of the Issue: Any time I click the dungeon invite icon on bottom left when I have one, or navigate to the Dungeon invites on the Social tab the game freezes completely and I'm forced to close the app completely. This was happening last month too but I just didn't try to play or touch the invites anymore hoping it would eventually be fixed
  • In-game name: Nooby Marcel
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Android version: 9.0
    Both, cellular and carrier (kpn)
    Game Version Installed: 24.0 version
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Leg in all battles, when scrolling @ hero list(before battles and upgrade)
  • NelyachkaNelyachka Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    This problem occurred after your update! fix this bug! I have never come across this before!
    edited July 2019
    Device: Samsung GALAXY S5 (SM-G900F)
    edited July 2019

• Xhibit_BXhibit_B Posts: 62
    In-Game Name: Xhibit-B
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Mode: Normal
    Description of the Issue: Tapping on either the dungeon invite notification icon or the Dungeon Invites tab in Social menu freezes app.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Game Name: DaBestinTuakau4
    Android Version: 7.1.1
    Device: ZTE Blade A521
    On Wifi
    Game Version: 24.0.0
    Game Mode: All of them
    Issue: Game freezes for a few seconds at random points of the fight, more common when fighting or using XL champions
  • Hduzz420Hduzz420 Posts: 16
    hduzz420
    Samsung j9
    Wifi
    Android ver. 9.0
    Game ver. 24.0
    In everything but arena I can have no fingers on the screen and my character still throws a medium hit and when having only my left thumb onscreen to dash back or block my character will throw medium hit getting me totally wrecked by the opponent
  • MrKillaChrisMrKillaChris Posts: 109
    Game Name: MrKillachris
    Android Version: 9
    Device: OnePlus 5T
    On Wifi & data
    Game Version: 24.0.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Issue: If i'm in a fight and I know i'm about lose and I exit by the pause menu, they game is stuck in a continuous loading screen.
    {Just have to relaunch the game every time or just stay and watch a complete Sp3}
  • MojomikeMojomike Posts: 1
    Cant purchase level 2 permission slip
  • Bills0024Bills0024 Posts: 2
    Lag at beginning of fight and freezes mid fight Android cp3705A Coolpad legacy
  • Bills0024Bills0024 Posts: 2
    Lag at beginning of game and freezes mid fight andoir legacy pad cp3705A game name bills0024
  • bloodydizzlebloodydizzle Posts: 10
    This game is causing my phone to close out my apps with out me closing them my self this is a brand new Samsung Galaxy 10 plus. I've only had the phone for 2 days.
    While playing the game it will just pause it with me doing it.
    It makes me stuck in one place allow me to just take damage. I love this game but its messing up all my phone. It did this with the Samsung Galaxy 8plus the 9 and the 10. In my opinion this game is just gotten to big for a mobile phone.
  • bloodydizzlebloodydizzle Posts: 10
    This game is causing my phone to close out my apps with out me closing them my self this is a brand new Samsung Galaxy 10 plus. I've only had the phone for 2 days.
    While playing the game it will just pause it with me doing it.
    It makes me stuck in one place allow me to just take damage. I love this game but its messing up all my phone. It did this with the Samsung Galaxy 8plus the 9 and the 10. In my opinion this game is just gotten to big for a mobile phone.
    Game name Bloody Dizzle.
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    In-Game Name: JMorgUI
    Device and Model: Galaxy Note 9
    Device Operating System: Version 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Verizon)
    Game Version Installed: Version 24.0.0
    Game Mode: Dungeon) and Invitation
    Description of the Issue:

When I'm invited by a friend or alliance mate, the game will freeze when I go to the Dungeon Request tab. Every. Time. It's open for two weeks and I can't do any of the friend ones without being the one to invite.

Also, while in Dungeons, I get stuck on the map screen. It says we finished the room. It will show the (random) other person on the final node with it cleared. Then it won't let me continue with them. 3 champs lost for days. It's a huge pain and really makes me understand why everyone has reduced the dungeon gameplay to a joke.
  • Magoo12218Magoo12218 Posts: 268
    I have a Samsung Gslaxy 9+ and my in game name is Magoo1221. Everything else is up to date but I don't feel the need to fill out the rest because I've complained about this very problem before and I see others are doing the same so I am going to assume it's on purpose. The long and short of it is that the game is unresponsive no matter the mode. I'll throw up a block and get hit, I'll evade on time and they'll just stand there, sometimes I'll attack and nothing, and every now and then they'll just walk forward while I'm blocking for no reason which causes me to get hit. It would be great if this could get fixed but...
  • Device and Model: Moto z2 play
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Data and wi-fi
    Game Mode: aw , aq , quests , arena Description of the Issue :game **** keeps stopping for goodness sake do something, I can't even 10 minutes into the game, I do three sequels in the arena and leave, in aq and awI get in a fight there the game for and when I'll be back I lose half my life fix it please, I don't want to waste items, sometimes the game doesn't even get in the loading screen and hangs the "logging in" and it doesn't open, I don't know what's happening but it's just this game that keeps coming out, I play heavier games this one doesn't come out that much, in fact it doesn't come out,I really expect a comeback, I'm not going to change handset I'm sure not my handset, if it's not even worth the money with this game I only see solving problem of IOS and Android nothing, my cell phone I used to playstraight without stopping after these updates that started the bugs that stopped and keeps coming out, I expect a return thanks for your attention not even see this only IOS complaints that you correct.
  • JamesbawsJamesbaws Posts: 20
    when my friend invites me to a dungeon room, my game crashes when clicking on the (dungeon invited) under (social)
    this is only happening on my note phone, and doesnt happen on friends iphone but i cant join/accept dungeon rooms, only make them. Please Help
This discussion has been closed.