**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Map Crystals: Rewards & Drop rates

Hi guys,

I’ve searched and searched and now giving up. Anyway of knowing what is exactly inside those AQ Map X crystals and the drop rates!? I thought kabam, by law, had to show these. I want to have an understanding of the different between map4 vs map5 vs map6 and although these can’t be bought and are sort of “an offer”, this knowledge is useful to forecast/manage resources.

Thanks in advance.x

Comments

• pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited July 2019
    Nothing on this folks? At least what we could potentially get and drop rates? At the moment can't really feel the difference between map 4 5 crystals which is making the ally wondering if worth the effort/potions of going fully map 5.
  • Meshu43Meshu43 Posts: 139

One Map4 AQ crystal , i was lucky enough to pull a fully formed T4CC :wink:
  • Meshu43Meshu43 Posts: 139
    It's all on your luck , You can have fully formed catalyst or end up having fragments ! The higher the AQ map , the more is the chance to get fully formed crystals !
    edited July 2019
    Yeah that's the thing @Meshu43 (congrats btw!!!!! Super jelly here) I reckon both are just luck based and you can still get the best from map 4 crystals. Noted that in both we are in luck hands, but map 5 one has to have either a) better drop rates or b) higher rewards in general. Otherwise, it's not an improvement or a "better crystal" to thrive for. However, I can't find any information on what's inside of each.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    @pedroteixeira07 they do not have to give the drop rates because it is not a crystal that we can purchase. (with units, shards, cash...etc)
    Gotcha @Solswerd :wink: ...just wondering then, is there any "evidence" that let's say a map5 crystal is better than a map4 one?! I've seen map4 being much better and vice versa.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

Gotcha @Solswerd :wink: ...just wondering then, is there any "evidence" that let's say a map5 crystal is better than a map4 one?! I've seen map4 being much better and vice versa.

I don't have any evidence but from my experience map5 crystals are significantly better than map 4. Better chance at fully formed cats and just more fragments in general
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

I cannot claim to have opened and documented the results of all the crystals I have opened to give evidence...but the minimum number of fragments you get is higher from the higher maps.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,011 ★★★★★

Hi guys,

I’ve searched and searched and now giving up. Anyway of knowing what is exactly inside those AQ Map X crystals and the drop rates!? I thought kabam, by law, had to show these. I want to have an understanding of the different between map4 vs map5 vs map6 and although these can’t be bought and are sort of “an offer”, this knowledge is useful to forecast/manage resources.

Thanks in advance.x

These crystals do not cost units, so by law (apples regulations, not actual law), they do not need to provide drop rates. Only crystals that you can buy with units or in the unit store with actual money.
    Thanks for the extra info @TmmR @Solswerd @Demonzfyre - makes sense. And indeed I've been noticing that the bottom cap seems to be lower. I was hoping to understand if it was drop rates similar to what we had recently on reefs "stable/unstable" where the second risk is higher and you could get even lower or much higher rewards OR something more guaranteed.

But I guess one just has to trust that the drop rates are higher in one vs another... this doesn't give me much reinsurance but I guess it is what it is. Thanks all