**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ezane89Ezane89 Posts: 2
    Another AQ without seeing the SW mini boss in map 5. Good thing everyone loves fighting Hyperion....
  • SADDANSADDAN Posts: 23
    Where's the mini-boss Scarlet Witch?
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Ezane89 said:

Another AQ without seeing the SW mini boss in map 5. Good thing everyone loves fighting Hyperion....

Seriously. He's such a pain to fight. (My 5* magik is on defense so she's never available to help either) Having to play him half the time instead of a third of the time is extremely frustrating
  • Ezane89Ezane89 Posts: 2
    kfd2010 said:

Ezane89 said:

Seriously. He's such a pain to fight. (My 5* magik is on defense so she's never available to help either) Having to play him half the time instead of a third of the time is extremely frustrating
    Even with Magik it's 50/50 on if hes going to actually throw specials or just SP3 you before you get to her SP2. Even with the shortened power lock at the start of the fight. Gonna go with Void this round and pray for good RNG on his debuffs
  • zbot34zbot34 Posts: 442
    I don't know if anyone else has experience ld this since Season 6 of AQ began but my alliance started off the season against Hyperion, then it was Morning Star, then again Hyperion then again Morning Star, then you guessed it Hyperion and so forth. We have not seen Scarlett Witch yet. I thought I had read that the mini bosses show up at random but this is ridiculous in the entire season 6 so for we have only faced 2 of the 3 mini bosses. I feel AQ should be like AW and be on a set schedule with the mini bosses coming up on a set schedule. AW happens Wednesday through Sunday for placement so why can't AQ be on a similar type of set schedule and with the mini bosses? And the fact that little to no update about Hyperion's emphatic lock still causing problems for the majority of alliances running map 5 is absolutely ridiculous. You are a multi-million dollar company and customer service should be one of the if not the very top priority on your agenda. Now I don't claim to understand how a big business like yours works but again if we in my place of work made our customers/patients wait this long for answers we would lose our licenses left and right. This is why you should have trouble shooters to quickly figure something out within 72 hours with at the most 1 week to figure things out and multiple updates from moderators within that time period so that the community here understands and has a clear view of what is going on. That's my 2 cents more on this Season 6 again.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Why would we want to fight Scarlet Witch when we can fight the insane Hyperion and pray he doesn't hide in a corner with power gain :disappointed:
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    This is the first time we've done map 5 this aq season cuz we're taking a break from the game, we've been map 6 the whole time. Went into this supposedly fixed hyperion, took one special with no other hits (on day one) and I'm dead. Lol. Come on guys...you have to keep at least one game mode somewhat fun and fair. I feel bad for those who have been doing this all season. There hasn't been a fight on map 6 that killed me so quickly on day one. And now I hear it's been pretty much him as the mini all season? Not cool.

This is the first time we've done map 5 this aq season cuz we're taking a break from the game, we've been map 6 the whole time. Went into this supposedly fixed hyperion, took one special with no other hits (on day one) and I'm dead. Lol. Come on guys...you have to keep at least one game mode somewhat fun and fair. I feel bad for those who have been doing this all season. There hasn't been a fight on map 6 that killed me so quickly on day one. And now I hear it's been pretty much him as the mini all season? Not cool.

Yup, 5 weeks into the season, 3rd week with Hyperion, second time since he was 'fixed'. Wouldn't be a bad Miniboss if he was actually aggressive, but most of the time he backs into a corner, crosses his arms and goes to sp3.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★

Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

- Change Damage Reduction from 90% to 50%
    - Change Fury from 100% to 25%
    - Change Power Gain from 10% of a Bar Per second to 2% of a Bar per second

I don't have a specific ETA on this at this time, but we want to get this tested and out as soon as we can!

What about the countless items and resources players have poured into both this and the Hyperion miike? Casualties of testing?
    We can't evaluate the impact until the fix is out.
    would just like to check in with how this process is going @Kabam Miike
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    Pathetic. Why did it take a month to give that compensation? Alliances missed out on t5b because of that node. Didn't see any of that. Everyone paid donations to run those broken maps, didn't see any of that....

Sad.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    2 revives? 2....just 2.

The value certainly wasn't returned given the impact. Whoever did the impact analysis, failed.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    my expectations were very low and somehow I am still dissapointed
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

But does this work against 200k+ health, 9k+ attack map 6 mini boss dormammu?

I believe so. We only run Map 7, I meant to say Map 6 instead of Map 5. Here’s the video @Markjv81, credit to @Salsamander:

https://youtu.be/WlBJp9FbPXw
    Perfect, this is the first solo of dormammu mini I’ve seen but does seem a bit ridiculous that the only way to solo this fight is a 5/65 cap IW and loosing ~80% health. Stupid design.
    I use Stark vs him. Blade depends on him baiting, but Stark works well. I build 10 poise before I hit him or atleast close to it and then go ham at him. Works well for me. Taunt the specials out, good chance of auto-evade on L2 and you have crazy damage.
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    What a joke of a compensation. Kabam’s continued incompetence is ridiculous. How about refund people the items they had to use to get past your broken nodes? 2 revives and some trash is completely unacceptable.
  • zbot34zbot34 Posts: 442
    So they finally have rolled out some compensation and it's as we feared from what I am reading. Unfortunately no one in my alliance has received any compensation for the week 1 debacle that was map 5 overpowered Hyperion and stupid nodes of Oscillate and emphatic lock 3.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos I would personally like to think as moderators of a video game, you all enjoy playing video games. Please tell me if you were in our shoes as the general population of this game would you be happy with the compensation that kabam as a company has handed out so far? Would you be happy with a company that doesn't give any orders or timely updates to their own moderators to them give to the game's community? This is truly ridiculous on a part of a company, of the people running the behind the scenes and even you as moderators to not even give anyone here timely updates. Even if there is nothing to update and to give that as an update would be better than just silence and continually letting the posts build up as well as the frustration of the player base. I would hope you as individuals would want to be treated fairly and with respect because everyone at Kabam has not given that respect and fair courtesy to any one of us player base. And that is surely disappointing. Shame on you all as a company, as staff, and as individuals.
    Bwest289 said:

2 revives? 2....just 2.

The value certainly wasn't returned given the impact. Whoever did the impact analysis, failed.

Be glad you actually got anything, most alliances havent, as per usual.

Hell I'm still waiting for a response of the AQ series 2 weeks ago when loads of alliances COULDN'T start a Day 5 map and ended up losing Millions of points, in turn costing them Map Rewards/Peak Rewards/Milestone Rewards. At this point all I expect now is warnings for spamming.
  • TheninThenin Posts: 49
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra how is it that issues for map 7 get their compensation, but those of us on map 5 still get nothing? Its been a month and no word on anything about it.
  • Str8crazyStr8crazy Posts: 53
    Just fought aq map 5 hyperion mini boss. About 45 seconds in I took an SP3 and instantly died with ice armor on. This game has major issues. They all bend in favor of kabam!
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Str8crazy said:

Just fought aq map 5 hyperion mini boss. About 45 seconds in I took an SP3 and instantly died with ice armor on. This game has major issues. They all bend in favor of kabam!

Same here. I took 5% of his health before he reached sp3 and game over.
    This is such a BS move, even for Kabam to put a mini boss that can get to sp3 so fast.
    I don’t know what is more frustrating, fighting him or knowing that kabam won’t do **** to fix this.
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    Can you please adress this issue and really, still the ongoing issues of the hype aq. My whole alliance has had to use way more items than should be needed for a map 5 mini. If this wasn't a cash grab or you actually had any integrity whatsoever you would not be avoiding the subject like the plague.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

Can you please adress this issue and really, still the ongoing issues of the hype aq. My whole alliance has had to use way more items than should be needed for a map 5 mini. If this wasn't a cash grab or you actually had any integrity whatsoever you would not be avoiding the subject like the plague.

They really don’t care and have not addressed it in a month so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

• Str8crazyStr8crazy Posts: 53
    Fought hyperion mini boss again with iceman and his ice shield still isnt working KABAM! When are you going to fix this? This has been a known issue. If it was losing you money it would be emergency maintenance. If its costing us money its we get to it when we get to it. Fix the bugs please for gods sake!
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Why is taunt not working on this clown fiesta map 5 Hyperion? Two people lost champs yet again on Hyperion today. Stark enhanced Spidey taunt not working, She Hulk taunt not working.

Regardless of taunt or not he just sits there arms crossed gaining power until SP3 then you are dead.

Fix the freaking AI already it's been a month and still the same way.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Kabam, just let aq back to old map. As 2 years i've been playing mcoc This new aq is the worst
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    Iceman would be a good counter for that fight. Ghost with the hood synergy also. Void can reverse the power gain.
  • RigidRigid Posts: 152
    Map 5 with Hyperion is not at all in line with the difficulty level of the rest of map 5 before the update or MS. The mini is way more difficult than Thanos. It really shouldn't be that way. Add agression to the node so he throws his specials at least.

Also, this every other week of him is to much. Not even seen Scarlett Witch yet. We need a reprieve from Hyperion!
    Would I be correct in saying that Kabam isn't going to respond to the issue many alliances had weeks ago in regards to Day 5 with not being able to start a quest on Day 5, with massively delayed rewards?

I could be wrong, but given Kabam has closed the topic, deleting posts on said topic...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/146257/aq-not-restarting-and-delayed-rewards-merged-threads-title-edited-for-clarity/p2
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Why is taunt not working on this clown fiesta map 5 Hyperion? Two people lost champs yet again on Hyperion today. Stark enhanced Spidey taunt not working, She Hulk taunt not working.

Regardless of taunt or not he just sits there arms crossed gaining power until SP3 then you are dead.

Not to disregard Ur observations but I have been soloing hype minis with she hulk...her taunts work for most fights for me...even during the oscillate hype I was able to draw out his specials with she hulk's taunt

OmegaMan said:

Not to disregard Ur observations but I have been soloing hype minis with she hulk...her taunts work for most fights for me...even during the oscillate hype I was able to draw out his specials with she hulk's taunt
    The trouble is many people have said they have trouble baiting specials, you either get the aggressive Hyperion who throws specials as fast as he can, or you get the fold his arms hide in a corner until SP3 Hyperion.