**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pure Skill, is it really worth it?

SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
So since the nerf, is it really necessary to have points in PS? I have it at 5/5 but would it be better spent in others such as deep wounds?

Comments

• FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    It's not nearly as good as it use to be. You would be better off putting them in another mastery. Dw being a great one if you use bleed champs.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    thank you!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Right now, if Miike's explanation is true, PS does absolutely nothing most of the time. Spending points on it is a waste until they fix the mastery
    Due to more research I have found out that keeping a min of 3 points still does great in P.S. and I now have Deep Wounds at rank 5. Makes the world of winning so much easier.
  • It is a waste to have pure skill, for resources burned u should just get assassination and DW, I have mine maxed works way better on skill champs then ps ever did
  • Tiarib_PTTiarib_PT Posts: 28
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Due to more research I have found out that keeping a min of 3 points still does great in P.S. and I now have Deep Wounds at rank 5. Makes the world of winning so much easier.

isn´t it better to have same 3 points in Pierce?! 16% Skill vs 15% all classes
    Due to Diminishing Returns, it's really not worth it anymore. Points are more productively spent in other areas.
    bump
    Any word on when this is going to be fixed, or compensated for?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    There have been promises made, but none kept. I would consider anything more than 3 points in PS to be worthless (and that may be overly generous).

Dr. Zola
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    I had it maxed, then took them all out and didn't notice any difference. Money well spent!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Just another example of Kabam hoping that if they wait long enough to address an issue the community will just forget about it.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Pure skill is pure $%#t and has been for some time. Mike said they were "looking into it' like 6 months ago. I can only guess that Stevie Wonder was one of the people doing said action.

The only class based mastery that does anything is MD.
    I still haven't forgotten about PS!!!! Fix it please or give us our units back!
  • canncann Posts: 1
    oyu mükemmel
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    2 years using suicides and it never disappoints me with proper champs of course + MD Lv.4

hi :) i never thought a MD mastery combinated with suicide mastery existed. your comment caught my interest :) is there some possibility that you can tell me what mastery you using for that MD combo with suicide master? if you can then another question is: does your defenders of MD champs still able to win even with suicide?
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I agree I have unlocked my ps to 4/5 was planning To go 5/5 then the nerf happened and I dropped all points. IMHO unless you can go atleast 4/5 the percentage ignore is way to low so until they fix they damage output for 4/5 and 5/5 this mastery is basically useless.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    but it does increase the PI?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    What a waste of money PS ended up being.
    Still pissed off about it.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Ah so it is 100% a waste right now. Good to know. I had farmed a few so was going to look into it to see if it was worth it but seems not. Will save them in case they re-buff it (though since they nerfed it that might not be in the cards).

Is MD the only one that is really useful?
  • ArmyBratArmyBrat Posts: 87
    chev327fox wrote: »
    Ah so it is 100% a waste right now. Good to know. I had farmed a few so was going to look into it to see if it was worth it but seems not. Will save them in case they re-buff it (though since they nerfed it that might not be in the cards).

Is MD the only one that is really useful?

MD is useful if you place Mystics for AW defense or if you attack with Mystics.
  • MD was useful for AWD for a long time. Now with the release of Blade, plus the proposed changes to Luke Cage and the upcoming release of Void, MD will stop being quite as effective. Quake was always a decent counter to MD. Same with iceman and magik to some extent. But soon there will be plenty of counters to MD which will effectively make Mystic Wars a thing of the past. And I believe this is exactly what Kabam is hoping to achieve.

What I don't understand is why everyone is screaming for a Blade nerf and they are so upset over MD being negatively impacted... stop complaining guys. Kabam crushed Pure Skill a long time ago. Now it's MDs turn. Everything the MD guys are upset about now, the PS guys experienced last year.

All that said, I'm a big supporter of balance in the game. MD was ridiculous. If they can't fix MDs relationship with dexterity, then this is the next best option, imo.

Just wish they would compensate for completely destroying the Pure Skill mastery. There is zero point in investing in the current form, which makes all previous investments in PS a total waste of resources.
    edited May 2018
    Still would like my units that I spent back in my account if your not going to do anything with it please.....OMFG
    Revived!
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    How about collar tech mastery? Any worth to it?