**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season ranking

Before last war of the season we were in gold one,and we won the last war!!..after that we were in gold one too,that was 12 hours ago!!..now an hour before rewards come out we are at gold 2!!..so what happened made us drop 600 spots?!!..is this a bug or it’s the way it’s

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Thank you Kabam. So many players are stoked docks were given tonight.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Thank you Kabam. So many players are stoked docks were given tonight.

Yup
  • KalamataKalamata Posts: 37
    We don’t cheat!!..if we did we won’t be in gold one lol!!..there’s gotta be an explanation
  • R_Man_Do18R_Man_Do18 Posts: 13
    There should be more fingerpointing here. Docking is a consolation prize for the members that didn't cheat, but as someone said, it is a weak punishment... If they really wanted to erradicate the cheating, or at least make the cheaters think twice, their war results for the alliance should be voided and the users cheating banned for a looooong period of time or permanently.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    There are also other people finishing Wars who can move your Rank. If other Allies put up more Points than you, you can be bumped. It's based on Points. While it may be the result of docking, the Leaderboard is live.
  • GuddyjrGuddyjr Posts: 6
    What time are they releasing rewards? Any idea
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Takes a few hours to process.
  • There are also other people finishing Wars who can move your Rank. If other Allies put up more Points than you, you can be bumped. It's based on Points. While it may be the result of docking, the Leaderboard is live.

Due to the new system, the latest a war could possibly finish would be 6 PM EST or 3 PM PST. That's when the next matchmaking phase would commence. So if it occurred past that time, one would assume some docking occurred. With that said, perhaps it is time to have the timer end on the Season a bit sooner. Then they could start their process of investigation, docking, and reward distribution earlier.

The rewards are still dropping around the same time as they used to with the old matchmaking system. The final war end time during those Seasons could've been much later than the current system, so it made sense for the timer to run as late as it does. Then again, maybe they do start investigating earlier now. I couldn't say as I do not know. Just don't understand why the clock runs for hours after the last war ended now.
  • I would assume so @Drooped2 . Just the same, the rewards take just as long to drop as before the new matchmaking system came into being. The longer amount of time to investigate foul play is for sure a plus. If that's why they kept the timer as is, then I'm all for it. Just curious if that's the case if they started the docks hours ago. Something I would guess we'll never know for sure.
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited July 2019
    My guess would be that it’s probably other alliances overtaking you since their wars are probably finishing after yours. But not sure what that looks like with matchmaking scheduling... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Tbh I don’t mind waiting for the rewards as long as they investigate the potential cheating alliances.

A suggestion would be to give the alliances that lost to cheating alliances their war win bonus (50k x whatever multiplier their tier was at during the war with the cheating alliance) to, in a sense, compensate their season points.

Also, on top of the penalty of 1.6m points to the cheating alliance, they should also be docked additional points for each war won prior to being discovered for cheating. Reason being the penalty being not severe enough point wise. Using an example of a Tier 1 alliance, each additional war win nets them 50k x 7 = 350k season points.

Should they have cheated for a full week of 3 wars, that’s an additional 350k x 3 = 1.05m points solely from war win bonus. Assuming they get discovered and docked 1.6m points, it is only a net loss of -550k points, for a week. If it goes on for 2 weeks before being discovered, it becomes a net gain of 2.1m - 1.6m = 500k points. In a sense, for the entire 4 week season, they’ve caused 12 other alliances to lose a total of 4.2m Season points.

Although it can be said that with or without the cheating alliance cheating, the win/loss is arguable, but in all other competitive programmes, any team found cheating gives the opponents the win by default.

Granted, there might be trickle down effects of dropping a tier due to the loss etc, but doing the above is a step in the right direction to mitigate the effects of cheating.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Hfchang said:

Dude it’s probably other alliances overtaking you since their wars are probably finishing after yours. No hacks, no docking. Happens to my alliance all the time.

Well I would think it's more that other war results are being added into the system over time and that's why it seems like an alliance got pushed down, but yeah.
    And your alliance would get notified if you got docked iirc (I still think that alliances should be warned though. Like 'hey so-and-so in your alliance is cheating. You have 24-48 hours to kick them, or your alliance will be docked.')
    xNig said:

Tbh I don’t mind waiting for the rewards as long as they investigate the potential cheating alliances.

A suggestion would be to give the alliances that lost to cheating alliances their war win bonus (50k x whatever multiplier their tier was at during the war with the cheating alliance) to, in a sense, compensate their season points.

Also, on top of the penalty of 1.6m points to the cheating alliance, they should also be docked additional points for each war won prior to being discovered for cheating. Reason being the penalty being not severe enough point wise. Using an example of a Tier 1 alliance, each additional war win nets them 50k x 7 = 350k season points.

Should they have cheated for a full week of 3 wars, that’s an additional 350k x 3 = 1.05m points solely from war win bonus. Assuming they get discovered and docked 1.6m points, it is only a net loss of -550k points, for a week. If it goes on for 2 weeks before being discovered, it becomes a net gain of 2.1m - 1.6m = 500k points. In a sense, for the entire 4 week season, they’ve caused 12 other alliances to lose a total of 4.2m Season points.

Although it can be said that with or without the cheating alliance cheating, the win/loss is arguable, but in all other competitive programmes, any team found cheating gives the opponents the win by default.

Granted, there might be trickle down effects of dropping a tier due to the loss etc, but doing the above is a step in the right direction to mitigate the effects of cheating.

Ye definitely like if your ally loses as a war against a cheating ally you can lose up to around 350k points which can be the difference between your final rank
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    There’s definitely been some docking going on as my alliance moved up after season ended. The leaderboard had been unchanged for at least 4 hours prior to the season ending which would have been hours after the last possible war ended.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Kabam Miike" Kabam Zibiit" I know tagging isn't allowed, but could you please look into this matter. Takes a lot of effort to win these wars with honesty and skill.

This is the forums, not support. All they can do is tell you to submit a ticket to support.

Also, admitting you know tagging is against forum doesn't mean its ok.
  • KalamataKalamata Posts: 37
    I appreciate your concerns guys,if we got docked and that’s the way it seems i think i have the right to know the reason for it,coz i know my alliance since ages and there have never been modeers or pilots!!..so what happened to deny me my prize for potions and boosts for all season on an unnecessarily hard map?!!!...all um asking is an explanation if there’s any!!
  • AsadWazir12AsadWazir12 Posts: 35
    We went on a Run of 7 straight wins, to push us from Gold 2 into Gold 1 with 2 wars to go. We won our last 2 wars as well, and our total points total was 6930932 which placed us at 1052 ranking in Gold 1, and the ranking didn't chance even with 1 hour to go on the season counter.

Fast forward a few hours, and rewards come in, and to our surprise we have suddenly been dropped to rank 300 in Gold 2, with out points total now showing 6030932!

None of our officers, leader or alliance members got any notifications of any docking or cheating etc, and still We got docked 900k points for no reason which screwed us pretty bad.

I need some form of explanation why this happened. Atleast if Kabam are docking points, we(officers, leader) deserve detailed information why it was done with evidence so it can be taken care of. If there is no evidence then on what basis did they dock the points and screw us??

Where is the accountability?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    my alliance was p3 168 we won our last war and dropped to p3 177, i was so confused. at least we still finished in p3

my alliance was p3 168 we won our last war and dropped to p3 177, i was so confused. at least we still finished in p3

That could just be due to your tier
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

That could just be due to your tier
    yah thats what i assumed
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    For any questions related to actions taken on accounts or alliance, please reach out to support using the in-game link.
This discussion has been closed.