**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom vs Venom The Duck

2»

Comments

• AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    xNig said:

To OP,

In which aspect of the game are you going to be using VtD?

You give terrible advice. but VTD outshines venom is ever aspect of game.
    I ask this of you, use venom. Any *vsrson you’d like. Okay now start trying to explore act 5 with him and let’s see how far you can get.
    edited July 2019
    Sheesh venom can’t even do rol....(except wolvie)
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    xNig said:

Venom.

I think everybody would prefer an advice that is somehow...
    ...more creativ
    ...filled with more Information
    ...justifed with some more arguments

But at least dont Beef around pls!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

To OP,

You give terrible advice. but VTD outshines venom is ever aspect of game.
    Explains why both my alliances are in Plat and yours is barely making gold.

xNig said:

Venom.

...more creativ

It’s simple really. You need 3 fights at least to build up VtD. That makes him not viable for AW at a higher tier, unless you enjoy mucking around and risking deaths for the first 2-3 fights.

Next 2 aspects are questing and AQ. AQ he’s useful as a sustain but he doesn’t provide immunes or overall utility to your team out of fast damage AFTER you build him up over 2-3 fights. Other options such as CG Blade GR etc provide some sort of immune or utility that VtD doesn’t.

Questing wise, do you need to specifically rank a champ up for quests? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Venom, on the other hand, doesn’t require a build up, comes out swinging with high dps and puts a stop to Spidey evaders.

So tldr, VtD is fun, but not very useful in the overall scheme of things.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Venom.

...more creativ

It’s simple really. You need 3 fights at least to build up VtD. That makes him not viable for AW at a higher tier, unless you enjoy mucking around and risking deaths for the first 2-3 fights.

Next 2 aspects are questing and AQ. AQ he’s useful as a sustain but he doesn’t provide immunes or overall utility to your team out of fast damage AFTER you build him up over 2-3 fights. Other options such as CG Blade GR etc provide some sort of immune or utility that VtD doesn’t.

Venom, on the other hand, doesn’t require a build up, comes out swinging with high dps and puts a stop to Spidey evaders.

Im not even through the Collector, so i think i Need some champs at r4 for that if i dont wanna spend to much Units.
    But however, thank you for youre advice, i appreciate it a lot <3 I will think about it again, although vtd rank 4 seems pretty delicious... I know excactly what you mean when you say that venom is somehow more straight Forward, but i think vtd provides more different ways to Play him :hushed:
    TRONG94 said:

@xNig, you shouldn't compare ppl's rank with yours. All players can achieve ur current position if they dedicate as much time of their life into this game as you. And yes, we still rank up champs for questing. If I get your logic correctly then Aegon is not that good too.

Yup. He’s not. Out of LOL and very long quests, he has very limited uses.

And no, I’m a trader, am married, have 2 kids, live in one of the busiest countries in the world, and still find time to manage 2 alliances.

You only need to rank champs for AQ and AW. You can quest with those champs too. Ranking champs specifically for questing is not a good option of using rank up materials, especially if they’re scarce.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Venom.

...more creativ

First fight is slow. 2nd not so much and by then you are melting champs anyways. And you can outrregen any poison or bleed nodes so immunity is not a factor. Venom also has no immunities anyways so that argument is invalid. Best thing he’s got for him is his ability to counter spideys(which by now are easy to fight anyways) VTD melts champs with his toxic armor(also countering any debuff immunes) has crazy dps as well. Also his toxic armor melts imiw so venoms truestrike isn’t all that nice. I know people using VTD in higher tier wars,and once again I can hang in high tier ally’s your rank isn’t all that impressive,others tend to hang in chilled allys like I do your rank means nothing. VTD is easily better than venom. You just give terrible advice. Especially if your only argument is (he’s better in AW) please...if you actually have skill,VTD is still better in AW too.
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Venom.

...more creativ

First fight is slow. 2nd not so much and by then you are melting champs anyways. And you can outrregen any poison or bleed nodes so immunity is not a factor. Venom also has no immunities anyways so that argument is invalid. Best thing he’s got for him is his ability to counter spideys(which by now are easy to fight anyways) VTD melts champs with his toxic armor(also countering any debuff immunes) has crazy dps as well. Also his toxic armor melts imiw so venoms truestrike isn’t all that nice. I know people using VTD in higher tier wars,and once again I can hang in high tier ally’s your rank isn’t all that impressive,others tend to hang in chilled allys like I do your rank means nothing. VTD is easily better than venom. You just give terrible advice. Especially if your only argument is (he’s better in AW) please...if you actually have skill,VTD is still better in AW too.
    Also in monthly quests..VTD..for questing in general VTD,I’m sure OP needs questers, as not everyone is done with story content,which I am now moving in to act 6 where VTD is better. Your argument is trash as is your advice. Little advice; when you give advice,consider that most likely they aren’t where you are in the game. Even though VTD is better than Venom in all aspects. Easy.
    edited July 2019
    Lol. Says the one with 1 R5 and JUST completed Act 5.

You couldn’t join a higher alliance even if you wanted to. So much for the big talk. 😂

(Yeah. My alliance’s war rank isn’t impressive despite going item free. It’s just 5 tiers above yours 🤷🏻‍♂️)
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Svaen said:

I have 3.45 venom the duck and 3x T4 cosmic cat. Yesterday, I get Venom. If I upgrade Venom at 3.45, I need 4 cosmic for 4.55. But I need 1 T4 cosmic to upgrade the Duck to 4.55. Should I wait for the Venom or upgrade the duck?

VTD is good for story mission and the alliance quests depending where u are but I don’t like the ring for his buffs
    Venom is also good because he cancels spiderpeople evade and has true strike but no regen and power gain
    xNig said:

You couldn’t join a higher alliance even if you wanted to. So much for the big talk. 😂

(Yeah. My alliance’s war rank isn’t impressive despite going item free. It’s just 5 tiers above yours 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Good argument,does being in a higher ranked ally mean your advice is better anyways? No. Especially cause your arguments are trash. Ur a scrub.
    Ahitlaw said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Venom.

...more creativ

Also in monthly quests..VTD..for questing in general VTD,I’m sure OP needs questers, as not everyone is done with story content,which I am now moving in to act 6 where VTD is better. Your argument is trash as is your advice. Little advice; when you give advice,consider that most likely they aren’t where you are in the game. Even though VTD is better than Venom in all aspects. Easy.
    You do talk a lot of smack for someone with little experience.

I’ve been in Tiers 1-3 for 8 Seasons and I have not seen anyone bring VtD to war. You’re in a 1077 war rating alliance, so “higher tier wars” for you might not be as high as you think, not to mention your statement on “I know people in higher tiers” is about as believable as “Every PHC yields me a 4*”.

Whether or not you think my advice is terrible and trash, it doesn’t matter. The OP can believe whoever he wants to, a 350k rating player with 1 R5 in a Tier 11 alliance, or a 1.1m rating player with at least 4 R5s in a Tier 2 alliance.

People in higher tiers rank champs for AQ and AW, then use those some of those champs for questing. So the priorities need to be right. That’s what separates higher and lower tier players. It’s something you won’t know now, and hopefully, will understand in time to come.
    edited July 2019
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Good argument,does being in a higher ranked ally mean your advice is better anyways? No. Especially cause your arguments are trash. Ur a scrub.

Whatever you say man. It’s just sad that you put down advice, especially when it’s not directed at you, then proceed to namecall. Definitely matured.

I give advice from experience, which I’m sure I have a lot more than you do. Whether or not the person listens to them, it’s not my problem.
    Djkrdjj said:

Svaen said:

I have 3.45 venom the duck and 3x T4 cosmic cat. Yesterday, I get Venom. If I upgrade Venom at 3.45, I need 4 cosmic for 4.55. But I need 1 T4 cosmic to upgrade the Duck to 4.55. Should I wait for the Venom or upgrade the duck?

VTD is good for story mission and the alliance quests depending where u are but I don’t like the ring for his buffs
    Venom is also good because he cancels spiderpeople evade and has true strike but no regen and power gain

He has regen from his sp1 if he steals a buff, situational though. I’ve used him against Medusas and Havok etc final bosses and the buff steal comes in handy. He doesn’t need the power gain though, unlike VtD who needs it to get to his sp3 to refresh his RNA buffs.
    xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Whatever you say man. It’s just sad that you put down advice, especially when it’s not directed at you, then proceed to namecall. Definitely matured.

I give advice from experience, which I’m sure I have a lot more than you do. Whether or not the person listens to them, it’s not my problem.
    I’ve been around for probably as long as you if not longer. I’m sure you don’t have much more experience,if any.
    Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

I’ve been around for probably as long as you if not longer. I’m sure you don’t have much more experience,if any.
    Lol. Then that account of yours is truly a joke.
    xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Ahitlaw said:

xNig said:

Lol. Then that account of yours is truly a joke.
    I just play differently and not a lot of grinding. Also I sell champs which I know isn’t a good idea. My account is good. Not as good as yours admittedly, my account is old but I’ve only started playing somewhat hardcore a lil over a year ago. People progress differently,and to make fun of accounts that aren’t as good as yours also shows your maturity level. I do not grind arenas and honestly the most fun I have in this game is playing rol and lol. I spend hours doing those long fights. But to say a champ that can singlet handedly explore all of act 5 with barely any resources being used is not better than venom is jus blasphemy
    Heck I almost have as many 5*s as I do 4*s due to my champ selling 😂 I know it’s not what the community does. It jus do my own thing and I’m happy with it
    Not saying you aren’t better,but I know plenty enough to give advice about champ ranking and give advice how to fight nodes n stuff. And OP would benefit an insane amount by taking that duck up over venom.
    @Svaen Also, if you don’t get the 3 buffs you want right away,restart the mission. Wastes a lil energy but saves you resources if ur running regen/fury
  • SvaenSvaen Posts: 55
    Thanks
  • Leon91Leon91 Posts: 58
    VTD all the way! I got both, VTD rank 4 is taking me very far, more than Venom, Corvus or Hyperion
  • Leon91Leon91 Posts: 58
    xNig said:

To OP,

Hi man, Im completing act 5 with VTD in a way Venom cant complete. I get to the bosses with 100% hp , no need for potions or revives. The damage with furies + toxic armor is beyond Venom damage, plus the power gain and regen. I also use Venom synergy with him, honestly I bring both together, Venom for spiderverse champions and VTD for everything else.