**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars - Defense Tactics and Rewards Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    according to the announcement War win rewards get changed tomorrow. Have the specifics been announced yet?

Alliance War Win Rewards: The individual War Win rewards have been updated as well! You can look forward to getting more Crystal Shards and Loyalty per War! We’ve also expanded the availability of 6-Star Shards to Alliances in Tier 5, regardless of how many Battlegroups you run. These rewards will go live on July 17th!
  • jaiprucljaiprucl Posts: 4
    Makes the decision easy for my alliance and not to spend any money to push for wins. Play for free and see where we land.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    When are victory rewards getting updated to coincide with harder wars brought on by the defence tactics?
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    sorry kabam but those alliance win reward changes are so not justified for the amount of difficulty we have in top tiers absolutely disappointing.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I was under the impression that the new AW win rewards featuring increased loyalty and 6* shards for up to tier 5 would be live on July 17th (today). it doesn't seem like that's the case for the war that's about to begin?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike I was under the impression that the new AW win rewards featuring increased loyalty and 6* shards for up to tier 5 would be live on July 17th (today). it doesn't seem like that's the case for the war that's about to begin?

They are
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    they've just updated rewards
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Wonder when the "sort by tag" option will we be available to us. I guess by not giving us that option, and forcing us to manually check every tag, they make money off screen time?

Keeps you in the game. More time in game means more time you have to buy something in game, less time you have to buy something outside of game.

Of course, if you value your time as worthless, then that doesn’t really matter. But I’m betting the game designers don’t think your time is worthless.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Out of curiosity, what's seen as enough?
    So 1500 more 5* and 500 more 6* Shards....per War? Do you not think that will add up to be too much over time? How will anyone ever catch up to Tiers 1-5 with that amount of growth?
    War isn't really designed to intice people back into it if they choose to focus more on AQ.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

So 1500 more 5* and 500 more 6* Shards....per War? Do you not think that will add up to be too much over time? How will anyone ever catch up to Tiers 1-5 with that amount of growth?
    War isn't really designed to intice people back into it if they choose to focus more on AQ.

And the top 1 aq getting like double the t5b isn’t a big gap????
    The tiers below don’t have to deal with defense tactics
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    I would’ve liked to see a bigger increase in rewards but it’s better than nothing.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

I’m wil be fat if it was 1.5k shard. Pain win for AW. Win ofcasse but the 6 shard a bit to much make it 150 for tier4 and 100 for tier5 better resone with 5 star ther said 5 star wil be esay to get them show us it with that much shard. Hops u understand mine one this.

I would’ve liked to see a bigger increase in rewards but it’s better than nothing.

When the difficulty has gone up tremendously it’s really not
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    No increase in participation rewards is really lame.
    Kobster84 said:

That's literally the Top Prize for one Ally.

Kobster84 said:

Ye but I do agree should be around 1500 5* shards and like 600 6* shards in a t1 win
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Ye but I do agree should be around 1500 5* shards and like 600 6* shards in a t1 win
    It's Rewards over time with War. You have to factor in the cumulative gains. Plus you also have to balance them in a way that doesn't affect progress for other points. Otherwise you end up with a Perpetual Motion Machine where the Top Allies grow more and more and no one below them can catch up. While that may happen in some small degree, you still have to have a system that allows for Allies to advance. In fact, the inverse is necessary. Growth should slow down the higher you go. The balance of progress has to have the most momentum at the bottom, or else no one will be able to get anywhere.
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    Kobster84 said:

We won’t know the difficulty increase till we play the new nodes. I’ve seen similar deaths this season for the most part as compared to the last. The new update could change that but we have to wait. Personally I enjoyed not taking path 5 every war.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think these rewards aren't nearly good enough but it allows my alliance not to want to participate in AW seriously which to me is better. High competitive AW wasn't fun for me anyway so this is actually the perfect middle ground. Also, I don't understand all this talk about progression like act 6.2 doesn't have gates. 5 stars should be just as accessible as 4 stars was a year ago. As long as we don't have r3 6 stars no amount of shards can break the game.

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

It's Rewards over time with War. You have to factor in the cumulative gains. Plus you also have to balance them in a way that doesn't affect progress for other points. Otherwise you end up with a Perpetual Motion Machine where the Top Allies grow more and more and no one below them can catch up. While that may happen in some small degree, you still have to have a system that allows for Allies to advance. In fact, the inverse is necessary. Growth should slow down the higher you go. The balance of progress has to have the most momentum at the bottom, or else no one will be able to get anywhere.
    You do realize aq does the exact same thing people at the top get so much more

Kobster84 said:

We won’t know the difficulty increase till we play the new nodes. I’ve seen similar deaths this season for the most part as compared to the last. The new update could change that but we have to wait. Personally I enjoyed not taking path 5 every war.
    Also s10 increased the difficulty massively and I haven’t seen close to similar deaths this season like over 150 deaths in the other ally in high p3
    I do like the layout of the new map better though
    edited July 2019
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The trade-off is the level of difficulty. That's the balancing factor. Difference being, people have week after week of repetition with AQ to get accustomed to it. It becomes easier because it's the same thing over and over. War is a number of moving parts that require moment by moment attention once it's in Attack Phase. I'm not entirely sure why people keep referencing AQ, but War is not AQ. The only connection is you need Loyalty that's earned in War. Aside from that, they're not meant to be reflections of each other.

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The trade-off is the level of difficulty. That's the balancing factor. Difference being, people have week after week of repetition with AQ to get accustomed to it. It becomes easier because it's the same thing over and over. War is a number of moving parts that require moment by moment attention once it's in Attack Phase. I'm not entirely sure why people keep referencing AQ, but War is not AQ. The only connection is you need Loyalty that's earned in War. Aside from that, they're not meant to be reflections of each other.
    Ye top tier war is more difficult so what’s your point?
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Ye top tier war is more difficult so what’s your point?
    The Rewards are higher at the top, as per your example. So is the difficulty. That's the intended balancing factor that prevents the issue I outlined. Even Map 7 is higher in difficulty, since you compared the two. People say AQ gives more, but you can't get Shards in AQ. Two different systems, different Rewards. People say it's not worth it or enough, but does anyone stop to add up everything they earned over the course of a Season? Do people consider the total potential Rewards? No. They look at the individual Rewards and say that doesn't meet expectations. Which brings me to my main point. Expectations don't always translate to a balanced system. If you asked 100 people if they wanted less or more, I would say 100 would say more. At least 95. That doesn't mean it would be balanced. Yes, it's harder. That's by design. It's supposed to be. All this time people want the Tiers and Brackets balanced, and want more challenge, and yet when it's worked on, that's rejected. I leant my voice to people speaking against the Nodes. They listened and toned it back. I leant my voice to individual Rewards and they were increased. I can't vouch much for unrealistic expectations and people wanting to be candy-trailed back to War.