Being a Leader of Ally sucks

Crazygamer88Crazygamer88 Posts: 20
edited July 17 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike I am not a leader of any ally but I was offered a position that I refused to take and realized how the position of a leader sucks big time.

A leader puts his effort to make a great ally, recruit members and officers and try to keep them organized. What does a leader get in return? Tension, lack of time for family, and so on...

The only advantage a leader get is that he can kick anyone he likes, but who does that? Alliances struggle to retain players and always try to hire ‘coz mostly they have someone leaving each week.

Why can’t leaders get some additional reward for the effort they make?

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 382 ★★
    Our leader is like the officers. We run the alliance with 8.
  • SquishyjrThe_4THSquishyjrThe_4TH Posts: 2,677 ★★★★
    edited July 17
    Why is this even an issue again
    If a person chooses to be leader than they are the leader and accept the responsibility of running an alliance with the officers
  • MauledMauled Posts: 134
    We have the leader, he runs the day to day of alliance - policy and strategy for want of a better word.
    We then have two officers for each BG in AW, one handles diversity, the other paths (mainly between seasons), and they share shifting placement about.
    We also have an officer who is responsible for donations.

Between them they make a good team but they are also receptive to suggestion from members and a couple of us have informal roles like I monitor how the BG performs in AW - what nodes people die on for example to see if we have problem areas etc.

As a solo endeavour it’s a very difficult and thankless task if you’re talking about an alliance that wants to perform well. We manage it very well, the officers don’t have to put in a huge amount of time at all to maintain what is a very well run and chilled out alliance considering how we do.
  • Crazygamer88Crazygamer88 Posts: 20
    @Drooped2 If the reward is at least rank basis or some kind of conditional, It will certainly make leader/officers to put more effort and make the game even more competitive.
    edited July 17
    Cr ap I haven’t donated in a while :neutral:
    edited July 17
    Good Job 👏 guys. Never been a leader, but learned a lesson by the comments. Leadership is not for someone who is not ready to sacrifice.

This was the exact reason I refused the leader position because my previous ally was under top 600 ally and I joined Top 150 ally. No effort! More rewards! Just explore that everyone does.

I sound selfish, but everyone wants more rewards to upgrade champs and it’s just not me who change alliances.

On the other hand Leader is stuck whatever he gets and keep trying to improve.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,384 ★★★★★

@DNA3000
    I am sure you won’t like to be a manager in the company If you get the same salary what a clerk get, and the clerk will not spend his salary to get you a glass of juice.

A Leader is simply someone who opens an Alliance, or is promoted up. It's not a job. No one is actually paid to play. There are effective and ineffective Leaders. How do you gauge who has earned their "pay" and who hasn't?
    As someone who has been a Leader for years, I have to disagree. You're one of the Team just like any. It's a thankless job. If you find it to be too much, you can always Promote someone.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,967 Guardian

I sound selfish

No, you don't sound (particularly) selfish. You sound like someone that should be a member, not an officer.
    @GroundedWisdom may be you missed my comment where I talked about condition and ranking. Everyone gets paid for every job. Sometimes it’s money, sometime it’s objects. Winning war gets you more reward, losing one give you less rewards. You are being paid in resources.
    @DNA3000 True, will love to live like a free man and spend my time for things that matters. Good luck to officers and leader. Appreciate the work you guys do.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 7,967 Guardian
    Drooped2 said:

@GroundedWisdom may be you missed my comment where I talked about condition and ranking. Everyone gets paid for every job. Sometimes it’s money, sometime it’s objects. Winning war gets you more reward, losing one give you less rewards. You are being paid in resources.

Without them I get no rewards as I cant win war alone.
    In tier 14, I apparently can. :o

Within the Alliance, no one gets paid for their position. Not in the sense that you're talking about. Everyone in the Ally earns the same Rewards for group activities.
  • Drooped2 said:

@Drooped2 If the reward is at least rank basis or some kind of conditional, It will certainly make leader/officers to put more effort and make the game even more competitive.

No real leader expects a reward for doing their job. Sorry you wont change that.
    I've been an officer in this game I've been a leader. All my reward is what the team can do.
    Apparently many disagree with you @Drooped2 via the button, lol. I for one, do not. I do what I do for my crew because I want us ALL to succeed. I do what I do because it needs to be done. I don't expect anything in return. I have a great group of Officers that work hand in hand with me to help our group run smoothly.

Occasionally I get a DM with thanks and those are well more than enough for me. Simple acknowledgement that they're happy with the way things are is quite uplifting. I also will remind them that without their continued efforts, we wouldn't be where we are now. A Leader IMO shouldn't be a tyrant, and an Alliance is not a 1 man show.

My rewards come in the form of our continued success. I'll take that all day over some would be 'Leadership Bonus.' If you work well with your crew, they tend to stick around of their own accord. I rarely have to recruit these days because of this. Do right by your fellow Alliance mates and they tend to do right by you regardless of your position. Member, Officer, Leader. At the end of the day it takes all 30 players to make it happen.
    @GroundedWisdom Tell me why do u play this game? You want more champs, more rewards and rank your champs. So do I.

If I love to be a leader and help people without caring about rewards, I will be a social service leader.

If you are grown up and have a family, you will surely want more rewards in less time and spend less time on game.

If you are a teen, you may enjoy being leader in initial phase, but you will get tired if you have the capabilities to play in high tier ally and u are still stuck with low tier because of the members u love in your ally. One day u gonna repent of being a leader of ally.

I know people who says it’s a thankless job and so on are teens who got enough time to play.

@GroundedWisdom Tell me why do u play this game? You want more champs, more rewards and rank your champs. So do I.

If I love to be a leader and help people without caring about rewards, I will be a social service leader.

If you are grown up and have a family, you will surely want more rewards in less time and spend less time on game.

If you are a teen, you may enjoy being leader in initial phase, but you will get tired if you have the capabilities to play in high tier ally and u are still stuck with low tier because of the members u love in your ally. One day u gonna repent of being a leader of ally.

I know people who says it’s a thankless job and so on are teens who got enough time to play.

We all have lives. Everyone who plays does. I would be hard-pressed to find someone sitting in a room with their eyes peeled back in a Clockwork Orange fashion, playing the game. That doesn't mean we deserve special treatment for doing what we need to as a Leader. That's what's required.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

No real leader expects a reward for doing their job. Sorry you wont change that.
    I've been an officer in this game I've been a leader. All my reward is what the team can do.
    Apparently many disagree with you @Drooped2 via the button, lol. I for one, do not. I do what I do for my crew because I want us ALL to succeed. I do what I do because it needs to be done. I don't expect anything in return. I have a great group of Officers that work hand in hand with me to help our group run smoothly.

Occasionally I get a DM with thanks and those are well more than enough for me. Simple acknowledgement that they're happy with the way things are is quite uplifting. I also will remind them that without their continued efforts, we wouldn't be where we are now. A Leader IMO shouldn't be a tyrant, and an Alliance is not a 1 man show.

My rewards come in the form of our continued success. I'll take that all day over some would be 'Leadership Bonus.' If you work well with your crew, they tend to stick around of their own accord. I rarely have to recruit these days because of this. Do right by your fellow Alliance mates and they tend to do right by you regardless of your position. Member, Officer, Leader. At the end of the day it takes all 30 players to make it happen.
    People disagree with me because I'm me. It doesnt make a difference what I say.
    Understatement of the year