**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 3? Boss Rush? Give us end game types something new please!

13»

Comments

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

Drooped2 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Drooped2 said:

Al.new permanent content should be endgame content. Tou guys say you want them to focus on bugs instead of new content then ask for a mid tier of content they can waste time and resources on?

Makes no sense

I’d rather them make other content or fix more bugs than make endgame content. All I’m saying is that it should be lowered on the priority list
    Personally as a programmer myself the last thing I want is designers to be touching my code.
    You want bugs gone. You dont put quest and champ designers in the mix of writing code.

My graphic designer couldnt write code to save her life(I cant draw to save mine so).
    Just saying new content and bugs are very different departments I'm guessing
    They probably have different departments it just that they take so long to fix bugs it leads me to believe that they don’t have people that are specifically only for bugs
    But they do have a team specifically for bugs and you saying you rather have bug fixes than new content doesnt make any sense.First of why fix bugs if there is nothing to play for the endgame players it's just bound to make people leave. Secondly why not have both bug fixes and new content since there are TWO separate teams for each thing
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

DalBot said:

It's been a month since 6.2 dropped and 3 months since Variant 2. We really haven't had very many good side-quests in a long while. Any word on when we might get something challenging to wet our appetites for a bit?

Why? So you can complain about the rewards and bad pulls you get from said rewards?
    This comment is entirely unhelpful to the discussion, and only serves as incendiary and provocative rhetoric imo. I don't get why people make these kind of statements which appear intended to only to derail legitimate discussions that forum users are trying to have.

@Kabam Porthos
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

DalBot said:

It's been a month since 6.2 dropped and 3 months since Variant 2. We really haven't had very many good side-quests in a long while. Any word on when we might get something challenging to wet our appetites for a bit?

Why? So you can complain about the rewards and bad pulls you get from said rewards?
    This comment is entirely unhelpful to the discussion, and only serves as incendiary and provocative rhetoric imo. I don't get why people make these kind of statements which appear intended to only to derail legitimate discussions that forum users are trying to have.

@Kabam Porthos
    partly because it is true..That being said this year has been nothing but new stuff for us end game players.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    The argument always ends with mid tier players hoping to get mid tier easy content that they can do with end game rewards. Lol
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Just checked googple play top. Top 32 grossing app

xNig said:

The argument always ends with mid tier players hoping to get mid tier easy content that they can do with end game rewards. Lol

Kinda got to agree here I think variant 1 had too much bs for its rewards but v2 was probably too easy somewhere in the middle ground would be good
    Also love the champion challenges those are great provides a decent challenge and get some nice rewards
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    I think the problem is that End Game players treat this game as a sport.(Which not bashing hardcore gamers, I understand nowadays "gaming" is considered a type of sport now with tournaments and money rewards and whatnot). But why complete content so quick? For the resources so you can upgrade champions for wars? Yes, sounds nice and all but then you're left with basically nothing to do except AQ and war. Where's the fun in that? I thought gaming was supposed to be about fun. People are asking too much from a mobile game. End Game players should be wise enough to realize that Kabam can't do much right, with every content released there's always some type of bug. AND that's with probably 3 months of planning. Now imagine them releasing content as quick as everyone wants. The game would be broken, always.

You'd rather play a buggy game than sit on your hands all day? Regardless of your age, there's plenty to do in LIFE. You're a kid, go outside and play. You're a teenager, do the same or hang out with your friends and research things online to learn more about different topics so you can socialize with the world and be able to apply that as adults. College? Same. Adult? Go meet someone or play with your kids or work around the house.

I think there comes a point when people should realize it's a game, nothing to do? Put it down and come back when there's something to do. Also, slow down. No one is forcing you to do things quick. The whole "Legends" excuse, is basically a trap to get you to spend your energy refills/units/money to finish things quick. You're fault that you're falling for that trap. Those are my two cents. Or three cents in this case, since it's three paragraphs lol
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    DalBot said:

Just would be nice to have something challenging to do. We've had one end-game level even since April with nothing announced in the pipeline until September and I find myself getting quite bored in the meantime.

Bring a third account up to cavalier. That's what I'm doing.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I think the problem is that End Game players treat this game as a sport.(Which not bashing hardcore gamers, I understand nowadays "gaming" is considered a type of sport now with tournaments and money rewards and whatnot). But why complete content so quick? For the resources so you can upgrade champions for wars? Yes, sounds nice and all but then you're left with basically nothing to do except AQ and war. Where's the fun in that? I thought gaming was supposed to be about fun. People are asking too much from a mobile game. End Game players should be wise enough to realize that Kabam can't do much right, with every content released there's always some type of bug. AND that's with probably 3 months of planning. Now imagine them releasing content as quick as everyone wants. The game would be broken, always.

You'd rather play a buggy game than sit on your hands all day? Regardless of your age, there's plenty to do in LIFE. You're a kid, go outside and play. You're a teenager, do the same or hang out with your friends and research things online to learn more about different topics so you can socialize with the world and be able to apply that as adults. College? Same. Adult? Go meet someone or play with your kids or work around the house.

I think there comes a point when people should realize it's a game, nothing to do? Put it down and come back when there's something to do. Also, slow down. No one is forcing you to do things quick. The whole "Legends" excuse, is basically a trap to get you to spend your energy refills/units/money to finish things quick. You're fault that you're falling for that trap. Those are my two cents. Or three cents in this case, since it's three paragraphs lol

Fun is a relative thing. What you find fun others do not, even to the degree. End game players tend to find being the first to complete content and get the accolades for it. we tend to move through content really quickly instead of savoring the individual moments in the game.

With that being said if a company focuses too much on end game it will cost them a whole lot of resources because they speed at which end game players go through content is absurd (coming from a typical end game content). We dont mind beatting our head against something until its dead, which is why bugs annoy us but will not stop us.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Zuro said:

Djkrdjj said:

Drooped2 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Drooped2 said:

Al.new permanent content should be endgame content. Tou guys say you want them to focus on bugs instead of new content then ask for a mid tier of content they can waste time and resources on?

Makes no sense

I’d rather them make other content or fix more bugs than make endgame content. All I’m saying is that it should be lowered on the priority list
    Personally as a programmer myself the last thing I want is designers to be touching my code.
    You want bugs gone. You dont put quest and champ designers in the mix of writing code.

My graphic designer couldnt write code to save her life(I cant draw to save mine so).
    Just saying new content and bugs are very different departments I'm guessing
    They probably have different departments it just that they take so long to fix bugs it leads me to believe that they don’t have people that are specifically only for bugs
    But they do have a team specifically for bugs and you saying you rather have bug fixes than new content doesnt make any sense.First of why fix bugs if there is nothing to play for the endgame players it's just bound to make people leave. Secondly why not have both bug fixes and new content since there are TWO separate teams for each thing
    No game dev studio that I'm aware of has a team specifically for bugs. That seems to be a misunderstanding. Games like MCOC are a multilayered system. There's the platforms and platform architecture, there's the main game engines, there are the customization layers, the indirect mechanics layers, and the content layers. By way of example, there might be people working on the server infrastructure and the cloud SaaS stuff. There are people that work on core engines, like say Unity 5 or Unreal 4. These engines are often customized with actual code libraries that add game-specific functionality. Completely separate from that games like this often have runtime scripting separate from the core engine: "interpreted" scripts if that makes sense to some, that implement game mechanics from game atomic behaviors. And finally there are people who make the actual content in the game: the champions, the event maps, the sound effects, the animations, and so on.

A "bug" can be anywhere, but only the people who work at that layer (and on the right thing in that layer) can address it. So at any moment in time, most of the developers are not working on a part of the game which contains any particular bug. So it is often said that most of the developers can't work on a particular bug, because those developers aren't a part of the team that would work on that bug. But not because there's a dedicated bug team.

QA is probably most associated with working on bugs, but even they aren't explicitly dedicated to bugs. A lot of testing isn't to find or fix bugs, but to test for things like balance or appearance or design fidelity (does it seem to generate the results the designer was hoping for).
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I think the problem is that End Game players treat this game as a sport.

I think if you manage to get to the end game in any sufficiently deep game, a part of you has been treating the game as a sport. It is really difficult to catch up with the top players otherwise.

In my experience once a game has been around long enough, and MCOC is basically crossing that line of about three to four years, the end game population tends to form two distinct populations. The first one thinks the end game should be more or less like the mid game where the game feeds them content to allow them to continue to progress at similar speeds as before. The second slows down to match the end game progress rate and starts inventing crazy challenges for them to split their time doing, in between smashing into the end game wall every time the developers push it out a bit.

There are two possibilities, and no others. One: the devs ignore the first group and the end game eventually fills with the second group, as the first group moves on. These games sometimes survive. Two: the devs try to cater to the first group. These games almost never survive, because this is impossible, and the only question is how much damage you do to the game before you realize it.

It isn't just about creating content fast enough. There's no way to be fast enough for the fastest players. But on top of that, even if you try all that content becomes meaningless without meaningful rewards, and those meaningful rewards have to come with meaningful in-game progress, and eventually you have players that are so far above the median player progress that you might as well be making two different games. And it doesn't take long before even the top players start fragmenting. Even if there are a couple hundred players all at the very top of the game, as you keep feeding them content eventually the top twenty will be vastly far ahead of the other eighty, and now you're making three different games.

It can take years for this to happen, but there's no bright line that tells you where to stop. More importantly, once you signal to the end game players that you're even willing to try, there is not bright line that will tell them to stop asking.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Go to the library, get a few books.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    edited July 2019
    xNig said:

Did u read? I said I wanted medium level content, with fun nodes that would be challenging for middle game players, with medium level rewards not end game rewards. No one ever said that. Another example of people putting words in others mouths. Great job. Wow
    And what do u think that only middle tier players stand up for middle tier players? I could be endgame or beginner.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    DalBot said:

Kabam is giving u a break from this game
    Djkrdjj said:

xNig said:

Did u read? I said I wanted medium level content, with fun nodes that would be challenging for middle game players, with medium level rewards not end game rewards. No one ever said that. Another example of people putting words in others mouths. Great job. Wow
    And what do u think that only middle tier players stand up for middle tier players? I could be endgame or beginner.
    You are very stubborn just letting you know
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Djkrdjj said:

xNig said:

Do you even read what you type? I've tried a couple times and here I am holding my head like Jackie Chan, wondering what I've just read lol.
    Zuro said:

Djkrdjj said:

xNig said:

You are very stubborn just letting you know
    Yep
    edited July 2019
    Addyos said:

Djkrdjj said:

xNig said:

Do you even read what you type? I've tried a couple times and here I am holding my head like Jackie Chan, wondering what I've just read lol.
    @Addyos Not really. I think it and then I type it but pretty much all of the Tim it comes out wrong.
    If I was talking or even paying attention to what I typed it would make so much more sense
    Djkrdjj said:

Addyos said:

Djkrdjj said:

xNig said:

@Addyos Not really. I think it and then I type it but pretty much all of the Tim it comes out wrong.
    If I was talking or even paying attention to what I typed it would make so much more sense
    So you're saying this whole time you werent even paying attention to what you're we saying well that explains alot